It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a Conspiracy to Get Rid of David Cameron and Radically Alter the Face of UK Politics?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Subsidies are quite complex. If the rail service was run as a fully commercial concern then certain loss-making, but necessary, routes would be closed. Also, subsidies are needed to ensure investment, which may exceed the contract term with the rail operators. The rail operators come and go, but the ownership of the rail network is still in public hands.

The rail operators pay the government to run the service, so there is a net positive receipt in most cases.

As to profits. Rail operators take a commercial risk, so profits are a way to incentivise performance. In the great scheme of things the amount of profit is not excessive in most cases.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Clearly Ashcroft has an axe to grind, for not being given a better position in the party after all his donations, this is what happens when you dance with the devil. I wouldn't think Ashcroft has got the power to get rid of the serving government, just to temporally embarrass the leader for not dancing to ashcrofts tune

Well look on the positive side .... Cameron apparently cannot be bought??

For (how ever many millions?) Ashcroft donated!!!

Not quite, Ashcroft was offered a job in exchange for his millions, but he considered the job he was offered (in the FO) as offensive to his persona.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Our car industry basically suffered because after the war Germany and Japan were given masses of money to build new factories - whilst our workers had to work in old and bomb damaged factories that were given precious little investment. Sadly there are n't many left to tell this tale but everything within in this country, including our infrastructure has been run on a shoestring and bled dry by our government taking out instead of investing in our industries from the profits they earned, for so long. It was done because our government likes to play still on the top table of the world powers it occupied in the world when we had an Empire. Its maintaining those at the top in lavish lifestyles whilst keeping the public in semi poverty that many Brits don't realise how behind Europe we actually are.

Our Embassies are barely used. Many unbelievably luxurious but they no longer vet people wanting to immigrate here - which has cost us dearly, their help for people with business has declined drastically, I could go on and on.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I hate to admit it but I would rather Osborne than Boris - we don't need another clown.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

We ought to consider ourselves lucky it happened before selfless.

So what you raised beggars the question did they have a camera set up for this action, or did someone slyly snap away for future blackmail opportunities and insurance should some backstabbing occur?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmlima

Not quite, Ashcroft was offered a job in exchange for his millions, but he considered the job he was offered (in the FO) as offensive to his persona.

Yes quite ...

Bottom line being all his millions couldn't buy him what he wanted

Funny really as he will never go without or suffer deprivation even without a job..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

From my understanding there has been a concerted effort to put the Government there back in the hands of the people. Brits taking care of Brits like they used to before the days of Thatcher. Privileged Brits knew how to pull their boot straps up and get in the muck with the rest of the people and help lift each other up. It was a duty and calling to not just help those less fortunate but to empower the less fortunate to be self sustaining. British people are disenfranchised because there Government and much of it's society has lost that element. I think it's on a come back tour and might stay this time. I think my own Government (U.S.) subverts British society a great deal and that has to stop.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

We ought to consider ourselves lucky it happened before selfless.

So what you raised beggars the question did they have a camera set up for this action, or did someone slyly snap away for future blackmail opportunities and insurance should some backstabbing occur?

Today everyone is liable to having surreptitious photos taken, quite a few

people including many celebrities have had pictures down loaded, that

they would not like their mothers to have seen?

SO ... it makes me wonder ... At that time when cameras were obvious

flash bulbs or special lighting required .... could it be true??

In all seriousness it has to be asked

"What kind of *fool* would set themselves up for that?"

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Whereas Japan and Germany were rebuilt after the war, British industry became farcical due to what became known as the "British disease". You cannot blame British uncompetitiveness on a lack of investment.

I actually knew two senior HR managers in British Leyland and British Steel. They were HR Directors when I knew them. The Trade Unions killed off the ability for the economy to be competitive through restrictive practices, frequent strikes and doctrinal stupidity.

While British workers were striking for tea breaks in BL, Japanese workers were refining quality management so their cars actually worked. While steel workers were striking because they wanted 20% extra, Germans were improving productivity and reducing costs.

Song of the times...

edit on 23/9/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Whereas Japan and Germany were rebuilt after the war, British industry became farcical due to what became known as the "British disease". You cannot blame British uncompetitiveness on a lack of investment.

I actually knew two senior HR managers in British Leyland and British Steel. They were HR Directors when I knew them. The Trade Unions killed off the ability for the economy to be competitive through restrictive practices, frequent strikes and doctrinal stupidity.

While British workers were striking for tea breaks in BL, Japanese workers were refining quality management so their cars actually worked. While steel workers were striking because they wanted 20% extra, Germans were improving productivity and reducing costs.

Song of the times...

The Unions gave you a 40 hour week, Annual Holiday pay, the weekend off, legal aid, workers rights etc ...just remember that when the Government are trying to take it all back..Christ, why do you think people are working 60+ hours a week nowadays.?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Are you not curious as to whom is going to enter centre stage

Of course I am.

That is not the question posed in the thread title.

A political party in opposition is, by definition, conspiring to bring down the government and change the political nature of the country.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: paraphi

Song of the times...

The Unions gave you a 40 hour week, Annual Holiday pay, the weekend off, legal aid, workers rights etc ...just remember that when the Government are trying to take it all back..Christ, why do you think people are working 60+ hours a week nowadays.?

Bastards of the union's. Let's spare a thought for St Maggie who suffered so much at the hands of the villainous miner's unions.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7x

Here is the truth; Dave likes Wensleydale, the opposition likes Stilton.

And we all love cheese.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Oh, I know what trade unions gave and the transformation of workers rights. No doubt. But they also shafted large parts of industry with doctrinal nonsense. Good industrial relations should not be marred by people who used the trade union movement to impose a view of the world that was unachievable.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You might to bear this in mind- “The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of.” – Edward Bernays (“the father of public relations”), Propaganda, 1928 (note that Bernays’ book, Propaganda, begins with the above quote).

And isn't Corbyn a member of the Fabian Society like Blair?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
sorry ignore this - just hearsay from a colleague - Lord Ashcroft isn't dead, but was very unwell during his book launch.
Wikipedia still shows him as being alive, so must be true...

edit on 3-11-2015 by CrastneyJPR because: unconfirmed rubbish!

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't know if there's a conspiracy or not, but.........he wants to nationalize energy and transportation? What's he doing, channeling Hugo Chavez? Those are policies of entirely proven "fail". Why stop there, why not nationalize the grocery stores? The UK will come to more resemble Cuba and Venezuela. Is that really what any intelligent Brit wants?

Then theres: www.telegraph.co.uk...

My goodness, what a cast of creeps that is. Unbelievable. Whatever this clown is, he's got to be "fringe".

Exactly

I dont particularly like camron and I may respect corbyn conviction but that doesn't mean I want a communist government.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Flavian

I hate to admit it but I would rather Osborne than Boris - we don't need another clown.

Don't let the clown fool you, he's a very intelligent man, probably more so than most UK politicians.

The question is, is that a good thing or not should he ever come to power.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join