It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Drops Out Of 2016 Presidential Race

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Two down.

Scott Walker Drops Out Of 2016 Presidential Race

Once considered a favorite for the Republican presidential nomination, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker announced Monday that he is dropping out of the race, amid sinking poll numbers and fundraising concerns.

"I suspend my campaign immediately," he said at a press conference in Madison, Wisconsin.

Good riddance. The Republican field needs to clear out some of the riff-raff, and Walker burned out.

Walker implored other candidates to consider exiting the race as well, in order to winnow the field.

"I encourage other candidates to do the same so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner," he said, referring to real estate mogul Donald Trump. "This is fundamentally important to the future of the party, and more importantly, to the future of the country."

He even agrees with me.

According to a CNN poll released Sunday, the first major poll since last week's Republican debate, Walker's support among GOP voters had dropped to less than one-half of 1 percent, putting him below most of the contenders in the field.

Walker's exit from the race marks a stunning defeat for a candidate who, in the early summer, was considered a top-tier candidate for the nomination. He at one point led primary polling in the early caucus state of Iowa, where he had roots and where his Midwestern appeal was considered likely to boost him to victory.

Now THAT is crashing and burning. Though I'm not surprised he fell out. He's said some pretty dumb things, with the ultimate idiocy was when he tried to support the Birther lie.

Walker's campaign suffered because of the candidate's own missteps as well. His refusal to answer simple questions about President Barack Obama's faith and love of country, for example, or about the issue of birthright citizenship, generated endless negative headlines and drowned out his larger message of conservative reform.

I mean, as a Republican, if you are still held up on these things about Obama's Presidency, then you are living in the past. Obama's Presidency is almost over. Stop lying about him and worry about your own future as a leader. If you can't even have the integrity not to lie about things that most of the country knows are lies, then you don't deserve to be President. You're a liar!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I just love the way the spin is going. "They" are saying that he is merely dropping out to make room for the other more popular candidates.

Madness...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

Why else would he be dropping out? He is polling at less than half a percent currently. This is what early polling is used for. Clearing out the riff raff that can't cut it in the long haul. Now that Walker has dropped out, we don't have to dedicate memory to remembering another Presidential candidate's policies and can focus on the ones that can actually make an impact.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Gotta point I can't argue. I just think a kind of dichotomy is being set up. Like he is doing the GOP a favor outside of his crappy popularity and poll numbers.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Me, I just see an asshole that couldn't adequately hide that fact from the public and the public saw through his nonsense.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yes, I enjoyed hearing how God told him to drop out and lead from behind.

Now the question is who will his big donors support. As I typed that last sentence, I found it interesting to note the influence of money in American politics these days, unlike past times. Now, when someone drops out, it's no longer one question, where will the supports go but, in cases like Walker, who didn't have much voter support, who will the big donors now support with superpacs. Money, influence.... used to be illegal.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Ok... That made me laugh over my coffee. Mainly because of the truth I feel in your statement.

If only the public would see the other assholes out there running.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

For real! Especially a certain loudmouth with a bad hair style that shall go nameless....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

This was at the end of the article:

His exit is a positive development for other presidential candidates aligned with the establishment wing of the Republican Party, like former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who now have a free pass at Walker's wealthy donors and supporters.

Some of them are already jumping ship. Walker's New Hampshire state co-chair, Cliff Hurst, will be joining Rubio's campaign, Rubio campaign manager Terry Sullivan told reporters Monday at a National Review event held in Washington, D.C.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well from what I am gathering he has made some pretty bad self inflicted wounds with his Twitter whatchamacallit last Monday.

He may be on his way down... man I will miss his asshattery though.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
If only the public would see the other assholes out there running.

If they did no one would get a single vote.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

ZING!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

For real! Especially a certain loudmouth with a bad hair style that shall go nameless....

Why did you have to bring Hillary into this?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Some of the news commentators say he'll go back to Wisconsin humbled. Better if he'd leave Wisconsin, jumbled. Not a very likeable person, and his policies and personal beliefs might fit better in the 1950s.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I agree, who would HONESTLY suggest building a wall along the Canada boarder?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I would. I worry about an influx of syrup-chugging, pot hole-loving, mosquito-dodging hockey fanatics.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Aleister

I agree, who would HONESTLY suggest building a wall along the Canada boarder?

That's the idea that likely did him in, and will live with him for the rest of his political life. The Koch Brothers chose Walker as their candidate, and by doing so helped his PAC raise 20 million unspent dollars, but at some point they and other donors moved away from Walker to look elsewhere for their savior. The Canadian fence comment likely sealed the deal with potential donors. If he survives his next run for Governor I'd be surprised. O Canada!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Wait you may be right! Next thing you know, they'll be crossing the boarder and stealing our culture by forcing us to say things like "aboot".
edit on 22-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Wait you may be right! Next thing you know, they'll be crossing the boarder and stealing our culture by forcing us to say things like "aboot".

Eh?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join