It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can US soldiers (even US citizens) still imagine they're on the 'good side'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Rant #1

I once tried to talk someone out of joining the US military. I shared the book "War is a Racket" by Smedley Butler with that person. They didn't deny the facts presented in the book. They didn't deny the conclusions of the book. They wanted to be in the US military for their own selfish reasons. I don't respect that but life is tough, I'm in no position to judge.

But, with the news below, it's undeniable. The United States and its military are now the bad guys. It's not up for debate anymore.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

You could debate it back when it was an issue of possibly foggy conspiracy theories. I never thought it was foggy but if one wanted to be obtuse on the issue, I think there was enough wiggle room to be able to believe somehow that the US military were the 'good guys' but not anymore.

Note to US soldiers and US citizens:

Please stop pretending to be 'good guys', that's pure delusion at this point.

Rant #2

With the story above about how US soldiers cannot intervene when child abuse is happening, there's an aspect to this that people may be missing.

In days gone by it was only necessary to sell your body to become a US soldier. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a matter of fact. When you sign you up to be a US soldier you are signing ownership of your body over to the US military. (Sold yours, you did.)

However, now you have to sell your soul as well. Condoning child abuse is selling your soul.

Again, there's no room for debate here. There's no doubt about it.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

IMO, that's a loaded question, the best way I can respond would be to say that American soldiers and Citizens are the fall-guys

The Global Military / Industrial complex sustained by the global ruling elite uses the US Military to enforce it's policies around the world - these individuals (the ruling elite) constitute "the bad side" and the greatest threat to world peace.

One can blame US politicians, corporate oligarchs and media propaganda for a good percentage of the internal US turmoil and once the NWO is established both soldiers and citizens will be discarded like cheap whores.

The propaganda is simply developed to make uninformed folks around the world think it's American soldiers and citizens who are the bad guys. This same propaganda also convinces US military and citizens they are fighting for "freedom and democracy" and are on the side of righteousness - most returning military from war zones come to the same conclusion - they are fighting for Oil & Gas.

Among all walks of life are assholes - this includes the US military and US citizenry.

Propaganda - hide your scum.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

There is no such thing as "the good side". Good and bad are just illusionary constructs.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am not American either, but your observations are spot on. Heck, it's not even a conspiracy anymore. Every propaganda coming out of MSM is highly predictable, and day in day out, validates exactly what you've just said and it's scary.

It already a set plot and its unfolding before our eyes.

Truly immoral stuff going on in the US politics right now, people like Trump and Hillary praised like gods, and anyone with some outright intergrity is mocked. Only are few people are seeing the forest for the trees, and rest are caught up in the frenzy, right vs left, racism, gun control etc etc..

The Divide and Conquer agenda is alive and well, and the media blows it out of proportion and people keep falling for the BS.

Fighting wars is not worth it at all, this demons must be stopped.

Peace

edit on 22-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's depend of your definition of good/evil. I suppose if I had no choice to fight a wars for my citizen, I'll do it. My familly, my friends, my neigboor will pass befor any stranger. But if I do that, it's because death asked for someone, and someone will die without my intervention anyways.

That said, I don't think the U.S. citizen are in real danger of death. Plenty of food (to much), plenty of land and wealt. They aren't well distributed, but, they have what they need.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
And here we go. Another "Bash America" thread.
Read your own headline - "Soldiers TOLD to ignore". What exactly do you expect them to do? How many times do you think soldiers from other countries have been told to ignore horrible acts and they followed those orders? One soldier has already been kicked out just for pushing a rapist, imagine what would have happened to him if it had went further. We see threads like this from time to time, blaming America and it's people for.....something...everything. You take our money, you take our weapons, you take our technology, you take our aid, then bitch how we're not perfect. I got news...Neither. Are. You. Every ally of the U.S. has as much dirt on their hands as we do, yet feel free to finger point when something comes up..
When you and your country are perfect, have every little thing ironed out, come back and tell us how "bad" we are. Till then.........

We know we're not perfect and I'm not doing the "America is #1!!!" crap, but you have no right to complain how dirty we are, when you've been playing in the same mud.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Rant #1

I once tried to talk someone out of joining the US military. I shared the book "War is a Racket" by Smedley Butler with that person. They didn't deny the facts presented in the book. They didn't deny the conclusions of the book. They wanted to be in the US military for their own selfish reasons. I don't respect that but life is tough, I'm in no position to judge.

But, with the news below, it's undeniable. The United States and its military are now the bad guys. It's not up for debate anymore.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

You could debate it back when it was an issue of possibly foggy conspiracy theories. I never thought it was foggy but if one wanted to be obtuse on the issue, I think there was enough wiggle room to be able to believe somehow that the US military were the 'good guys' but not anymore.

Note to US soldiers and US citizens:

Please stop pretending to be 'good guys', that's pure delusion at this point.

Rant #2

With the story above about how US soldiers cannot intervene when child abuse is happening, there's an aspect to this that people may be missing.

In days gone by it was only necessary to sell your body to become a US soldier. That's not a matter of opinion, that's a matter of fact. When you sign you up to be a US soldier you are signing ownership of your body over to the US military. (Sold yours, you did.)

However, now you have to sell your soul as well. Condoning child abuse is selling your soul.

Again, there's no room for debate here. There's no doubt about it.

The US military and alphabet agencies, especially the CIA, hasn't been good guys in decades...

Ask the Greeks, or South Americans, or Iranian... or any other number of countries...

Americans are so wilfully ignorant of the truth, it's depressing...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The soldiers did not sell their soul... they were sold out by the critters in D.C. The vast majority are good, conscientious, honorable people serving with the best intentions. The soldiers are just as sickened by this as we are. Probably more so, and their psyche pays the price long after they leave the service.

Our issue is not with our soldiers, who want to do the right thing, and who are ready, willing and able to put their life in harm's way to protect others. It is with their commanders in particular, their Commander in Chief, one President Barack Obama, and all the congress critters who have sold their souls to the highest bidders.

Going rogue will not stop the abuse. Blaming soldiers for not going rogue will not stop the abuse. The rot is at the top, and that's where it has to be stopped. I know that's easier said than done, but that's why we're ALL in this giant mess... together.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Boadicea because: spelling/punctuation

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The soldiers did not sell their soul... they were sold out by the critters in D.C. The vast majority are good, conscientious, honorable people serving with the best intentions. The soldiers are just as sickened by this as we are. Probably more so, and their psyche pays the price long after they leave the service.

Our issue is not with our soldiers, who want to do the right thing, and who are ready, willing and able to put their life in harm's way to protect others. It is with their commanders in particular, their Commander in Chief, one President Barack Obama, and all the congress critters who have sold their souls to the highest bidders.

Going rogue will not stop the abuse. Blaming soldiers for not going rogue will not stop the abuse. The rot is at the top, and that's where it has to be stopped. I know that's easier said than done, but that's why we're ALL in this giant mess... together.

The coverup of the sexual abuse of boys on US military bases started way before Obama, and will last after he's gone...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Thread title : Can any soldiers or any citizens of the earth imagine they're on the good side?

Fixed.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That's such a cop out.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good and bad are just illusionary constructs.

There certainly exists pain and suffering, and people who spread it. There also exists joy and contentment, and people who spread it. There is greed and arrogance. There is good will and charity.

To say good and bad are illusionary constructs is like saying health and sickness are illusionary constructs. They are real. If they can't be drawn from your philosophy, your philosophy is out of sync with reality and life experience.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

It's something that people say simply to justify their own personal choices that interfere with or negatively impact other people. It's self-serving. Narcissistic.

Much like the directive detailed in the OP.

And it never works. It inevitably erodes credibility and so also the mission, just look at the Catholic church.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Someone else is assaulting children and you call the US military the bad guys?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

People, on US military bases, while soldiers listened, raped children, for years... and the big US policy on the matter was to punish any soldier who protested...

Not sure what part of that screams, "moral authority" or "good guys" to you.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

No they sure cant. This is why theyre killing themselves in record numbers these days. Citizens are more deluded about it but the soldiers are forced to be too aware and many of them understandably cannot live with it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

That's such a cop out.

No, it's the truth. Both ideas are grounded in the morals of the society you live in. One person's "good" is another person's "bad". So looking at perspectives, two countries will be at war and they will both think they are the good guys. Even when the war has become part of history, we still look back through history through our own moral biases to declare which sides are good or bad, but morals change all the time. So today we could call side A evil and side B good, but tomorrow the roles could be reversed. And that is the super simple version of events. There are usually more than two players involved in a war. Yet we only have two descriptions of sides, "good' or "evil".

On top of all that, there are MANY reasons wars may be fault. Bankers have vested interests. Arms suppliers have vested interests. Resources, freedom, religion, ideology, etc. You could be fighting a war on the front lines side-by-side with someone who is fighting that war for completely different reasons.

Labeling a side "good" or "evil" is just a Hollywood fantasy.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good and bad are just illusionary constructs.

There certainly exists pain and suffering, and people who spread it. There also exists joy and contentment, and people who spread it. There is greed and arrogance. There is good will and charity.

Yes, but those people aren't confined to certain sides in armed conflict. They exist on both sides of the fighting.

To say good and bad are illusionary constructs is like saying health and sickness are illusionary constructs. They are real. If they can't be drawn from your philosophy, your philosophy is out of sync with reality and life experience.

They are inventions of man that have no physical substance, they are illusionary constructs invented to try to make sense of human morality.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No.

Somethings are inherently good or inherently bad, regardless of culture or society. Or war.

Create or destroy.

To possibly try to force a social contruct, war be damned, whereby the exploitation of children is neither good nor bad is the very essence of absurdity on the internet.
edit on 9/22/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

People, on US military bases, while soldiers listened, raped children, for years... and the big US policy on the matter was to punish any soldier who protested...

Not sure what part of that screams, "moral authority" or "good guys" to you.

Was the US military raping the boys? Or was it Afghans and Iraqis?

The Taliban was against the rape of boys. Are they morally superior to the US army?
edit on 22-9-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join