It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Do humans look like Aliens? Vice Versa

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok I know this is my first post, and I may get shot down, or be just simply flogging a dead horse, but is the idea that if there are travellers coming to our planet. Who's to say that they greatly resemble our own appearances?

If you look at the human body, it serves really one purpos. To hold all of the stuff we have insede - well inside, our brains are suppositly only using a small fraction of their potential power, which means that if we were to aquire the ability to use more of our gray matter, our heads wouldnt have to grow freakishly huge, neither would our eyes. Id like to think that if I could read your mind, I wouldnt need to have big eyes "all the better to see you". In a perfect world our bodies are perfect, created by God, or evolution, we are all essentially perfectly suited for life.

This is all just a thought, altough I still think it would be way too cool to see Mr.Bush blown away live on CNN, by a tall skinny earthtoned, dude with a ray gun.

Cheers




posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
hrm ive noticed this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

good to see im not the only one lol



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
no - our brains are already at full power.



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i believe that if we were ever to come in to contact with another species, whether we visit them or they visit us, they would be so different it would unimaginable. the life on our planet is pretty normal to us but that's only because we're used to it. ever seen pictures or footage of fish living at the bottom of the ocean...they are freakishly weird. if we came in to contact with another species then it would be very likely that they were very primitive and had no formal communication etc. then again it would also be likely that we met a race so intelligent that we couldn't understand them either. think about how languages have diverced on earth, and how different people are from different cultures. an alien species, unless very like our own, would probably not be contacted or prehaps even avoided. i think the odds of life actually beginning on earth was so low that prehaps the only intelligent life in the universe could prehaps be us, for instance if there was a race that could travel at lightspeeds etc then i think we would have been contacted a long time ago.



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
no - our brains are already at full power.

YOUR brain maybe, I know mine isnt!

Oh wait...



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
for instance if there was a race that could travel at lightspeeds etc then i think we would have been contacted a long time ago.


not necessarily



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
well it's easy to say ''not necessarily'' but then again if there is other life out there in the universe then i think i would be right in assuming there would be millions more intelligent lifeforms out there aswell. therefore we are either the only inteligent lifeforms or there are millions and millions as intelligent as us. then again we could have been visited many thousands of years ago, or prehaps even when the dinosaurs were around. the alien race probably thought well there's not much intelligent life here lets leave



posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's actually quite well known. The common term for the race is "Nordics", though you'll often see "Pleidians" also. These human like aliens were commonly reported in some of the first Close Encounter cases in the 50's. They are also well-connected to some of the biggest frauds in UFOlogy (i.e. such as Meier, Adamski, and so on).

Contrary to what I've said before on these, in a current research project, I am finding a few government doc references to these beings, as I'm perusing the FOIA docs (a tedious process at best). Personally though, almost every case involving Nordics I've ever looked into reeks of hoax....



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I kinda think that there is a definate possibility that there are people here that arn't really from "here", full apperances to us, but merely just figureing out our culture... Kinda martian missionaries, they could be ATS members, trying to give us clues of whats really going on (or not). I do agree with what was said earlyer, that they could have come here, to have their cook eaten by a t-rwx, and said forget this place. Albeit "they" could come here now and see our petty tribal warfare, and severe famine, and poverty, and figured that they didnt have it so bad. Laughing their heads off as they passed the Space station.



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
i believe that if we were ever to come in to contact with another species, whether we visit them or they visit us, they would be so different it would unimaginable. the life on our planet is pretty normal to us but that's only because we're used to it. ever seen pictures or footage of fish living at the bottom of the ocean...they are freakishly weird. if we came in to contact with another species then it would be very likely that they were very primitive and had no formal communication etc. then again it would also be likely that we met a race so intelligent that we couldn't understand them either. think about how languages have diverced on earth, and how different people are from different cultures. an alien species, unless very like our own, would probably not be contacted or prehaps even avoided. i think the odds of life actually beginning on earth was so low that prehaps the only intelligent life in the universe could prehaps be us, for instance if there was a race that could travel at lightspeeds etc then i think we would have been contacted a long time ago.


i dont agree, i once believe this would be the case but i did abit of research on exobiology(life outside of earth) and came to a different conclusion.
here what i found

They split 'characteristics' of organisms into two categories - universals and parochials. Universal characteristics are those that have arisen several times in the course of evolution in completely separate species. For example, photosynthesis (the use of light to synthesise food) was developed many different times using many different molecules. This tells us that sooner or later, some organism on 'Earth 2' is likely to figure out a way of developing photosynthesis even if it doesn't work on exactly the same principle as our chlorophyll-based photosynthesis. Even now on Earth there are four different types of photosynthesis taking place. This is technically called convergent evolution - where unrelated and separate species evolve the same characteristics simply because they are exposed to similar conditions.

Eyes have also been developed by completely separated species - the octopus, mammals and insects. While they operate on different principles, they all are concerned with the detection and location of light sources, so we can be reasonably certain that life forms on 'Earth 2' will have eyes.

Then we have flight - flight has cropped up in four different ways independantly, by mammals (bats), birds, insects and fish (flying fish). Therefore, on 'Earth 2' there will be at least one group of organisms that has taken to the skies.

The list goes on and on - jointed limbs, sexual reproduction, fur, horns... all of these have occurred independantly several times in the history of evolution.




for more info on this go here.
www.ibiblio.org...
looks like most aliens will have eyes.


[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
it depends what type of aliens you want to compare with us um yeah thats it pretty much



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's actually quite well known. The common term for the race is "Nordics", though you'll often see "Pleidians" also. These human like aliens were commonly reported in some of the first Close Encounter cases in the 50's. They are also well-connected to some of the biggest frauds in UFOlogy (i.e. such as Meier, Adamski, and so on).

Contrary to what I've said before on these, in a current research project, I am finding a few government doc references to these beings, as I'm perusing the FOIA docs (a tedious process at best). Personally though, almost every case involving Nordics I've ever looked into reeks of hoax....


The description of a Nordic is usualy blackish eyes, takker than average human, blonde/white hair and pale skin (I may have missed a few but you get the idea im sure). This is similar to the description of Grey/human hybrids maybe they are one in the same thing.

Maybe not.

Just a thought.



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Your asking a question that nobody here has a correct answer to. We can speculate on what they might look like but more likely we are wrong. They can look like anything. Would you have imagined any of the animal species that we have here on earth throughout time? Likely not, so they could look like anything that you can or cannot imagine.



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A lot can be guessed based on our experience with the various forms that life takes on Earth, but at some point that does have to be set aside. Life that evolved on another planet could be so "alien" that we might not recognize that lifeform as a lifeform. Our future astronauts may be trying to talk to a "monkey" or "bug-like" thing on another world when it's the "tree" trying to communicate.



posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
A lot can be guessed based on our experience with the various forms that life takes on Earth, but at some point that does have to be set aside. Life that evolved on another planet could be so "alien" that we might not recognize that lifeform as a lifeform. Our future astronauts may be trying to talk to a "monkey" or "bug-like" thing on another world when it's the "tree" trying to communicate.


Well said




top topics



 
0

log in

join