It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspirin May Boost Effectiveness of Cancer Immunotherapy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Another good article for my "cancer" folder that I keep (just in case).

I have always believed the key to curing cancer is for the immune system to be able to identify cancer as an invader and to attack it.

www.doctorshealthpress.com...

According to researchers at Francis Crick Institute in London, aspirin, when given in combination with immunotherapy, may boost the effectiveness of immunotherapy treatments, offering a better option in place of traditional cancer therapies.

Immunotherapy is commonly criticized for its inability to fend off prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) molecules, which are produced by cancer cells. PGE2 weakens the immune system, making it difficult for immunotherapy treatments to effectively fight tumor cells.

However, researchers tested aspirin’s ability to inhibit PGE2 production, thereby allowing the immunotherapy treatment to effectively attack the cancerous tumor cells (aspirin belongs to a group of drugs called COX inhibitors, which halt PGE2 production and boost the immune system). The researchers found that when combined with the immunotherapy treatment anti-PD-1, aspirin helped to substantially suppress PGE2 production and slow down the growth of bowel and melanoma cancer cells in mice.

Dr. Peter Johnson, chief clinician of Cancer Research UK, expanded on the study’s findings: “PGE2 acts on many different cells in our body, and this study suggests that one of these actions is to tell our immune system to ignore cancer cells. Once you stop the cancer cells from producing it, the immune system switches back to ‘kill mode’ and attacks the tumour.”

edit on 21-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I would just love to have a copy of your 'Just in case cancer folder.'

Of course, having done all that great research, you will probably get hit by the only double decker bus in your state. LOL.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. S&F

P

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm not to sure about the aspirin thing but I will agree about the immune system being the key.
Seems it would be easier to prevent cancer than to cure cancer.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The active chemical in Aspirin is in vegetables and some veggies have decent amounts. You can also make a tea by steeping poplar or birch leaves in hot water to get some aspirin properties. Veggies can help to fight cancer, but some veggies contain properties that can actually help cancer get hold for some people if they cannot metabolize the veggies correctly.

If you eat some veggies at least four times a week you can benefit.

I like the way the medical industry makes medicines to treat disease look so important, simple dietary changes can help you not get cancer. Now some of the chemicals used to grow veggies or keep them fresh longer can actually cause cancer. That is a complicated subject though as the chemicals by themselves often are harmless but mixing chemistry can cause them to become a problem. There are over fifty thousand approved chemicals that can be added to foods in the USA and there is no testing required often as to mixing of these chemicals by eating multiple foods in a meal. When you mix two chemicals together, you often get another chemical and this chemical can do us harm. Now they do test to make sure they don't make you get immediately sick but not much testing is done on long term effects.

Remember, even mixing plant defense system chemicals can cause problems. Our ancestors taught us what foods go good together but for generations we have ignored what they said. We have incorporated many new food chemistries, both food based and chemical based into our diet within the last thirty years, basically changing our food chemistry. Too much change too fast in the diet of any animal is not good. Everyone is at a little different point in evolution.

When we are in our upper teens and lower to mid twenties people can eat more chemistry if we are active and sweating it out. Our skin can help detox the body and help the liver and kidneys. We are taxing these organs and they cannot keep up so they store the toxins in fat cells till the body can process them.

We need to address this issue better in this country, some people are trying to tell us of this but people do not listen. We can process some of these toxins out but most people have a deficiency in one enzyme or another so everyone has one problem or another. Often when we get richer we eat better foods, but when you eat boneless steak instead of soup made from cartilaginous bones, you increase your risk of cancer. There is chemistry in cartilage that can help stop the growth of cancer, eating soup once a week or more that is made from a whole chicken or beef soup bones is good to keep cancer under control. Both of these help us fight viruses also. Strawvberries can help us fight both cancer and viruses too.

There are lots of ways to go about not getting cancer. I am more interested in never getting it than in fighting it once it gets out of control. We constantly have cancer cells in our body, our immune system destroys them on a regular basis. Proper cellular communication is critical so we need to make sure our electrolytes are in proportion and that we do not consume too much foods that kill our macrophages or take meds unnecessarily to dampen our immune system. Too many antihistamines constantly can raise our risk of diseases getting hold and also with cancer getting hold. Over-consumption of antioxidants can also cause these to get hold and make us sick. It is hard to get too much antioxidants from food unless you consume super foods too often though, you can eat a little veggies almost every day and even juice for a week once a year and this is good.

Moderation and diversity is important in diet, but foods that our healthy ancestors did not eat should be added slowly and a person should monitor how they make them feel.

top topics

join