It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just gonna leave this pic with you....right here....I want to be here...best seat in the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's possible to get an image of the Milky Way/Stars even in very bad light pollution here are a couple of examples.

Taken from the back of my house in the middle of a 150 house estate, high iso long exposure to show the light pollution

after a quick bit of processing

How to process the Milky Way in heavy light pollution

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Cannot wait,

i created a thread ages ago about the book!

epic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL. And yes I also cant wait to watch the martian, anything related to space gets my full atention. By the way, how do they manage to get a picture of space?! is incredible...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

My kids are dying to see it but not sure if age appropriate for an 8 and 9 year old.

The book has lots of strong language in it if you're worried about that. Obviously, the main character doesn't because he's all alone, but a parent might not be as happy with young kids. As far as graphic stuff ... I don't remember much that would be terribly graphic. There isn't even much blood to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

My kids are dying to see it but not sure if age appropriate for an 8 and 9 year old.

The book has lots of strong language in it if you're worried about that. Obviously, the main character doesn't because he's all alone, but a parent might not be as happy with young kids. As far as graphic stuff ... I don't remember much that would be terribly graphic. There isn't even much blood to it.

Yeah..I have a feeling I am going to be taking them. I am not to strict on language in movies....they are good kids and know it is not appropriate for them to say certain words. I was worried it was going to be scary, but after watching a couple trailers I am not worried about it.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Think I need an ambulance to come round my house and clean my jaw off the floor

oh my!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Photo was taken in a single exposure by Jeff Dai on the site of the Yaqing Temple, Sichuan, China. I want to be here right now and for the rest of my life.....really makes you wonder about space and all there is out there.

Source

Another thing to ponder...The solar system travels at an average speed of 515,000 miles per hour (828,000 kilometers per hour) through our galaxy.

The earth is our spaceship

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I use to have over 10 acres of property out in the country and on clear nights it was just absolutely breath taking. I wish now, I had taken a bunch photos. I guess I was just too busy with my telescope.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
I use to have over 10 acres of property out in the country and on clear nights it was just absolutely breath taking. I wish now, I had taken a bunch photos. I guess I was just too busy with my telescope.

At least you have the memories!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I haven't been to that temple to my knowledge, but I've been to Sichuan. My favorite spot in all of China was Emei Shan, one of the 4 or 5 holy Buddhist mountains of China. Located in Sichuan, the mountain is covered with ancient temples and carvings into the cliffs. It looks like something out of Indian Jones. I was attacked by a giant monkey (maybe child size) on a rope drawbridge across a river gorge, lol.

Anyways, the only way up most of it and to most of the temples is via little ancient walking pathways. It takes 3 days to hike the whole thing, and you stay at ancient temples along the way, 12 hours walk in the wilderness. I did the three day trek, and stayed at probably some of the most amazing temples I've ever been to. Just chilling alone in the deep mountains with some monks.

Check out the links.

en.wikipedia.org...

whc.unesco.org...

Map of temples on Emei Shan

www.travelchinaguide.com...
edit on 26-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

BE A UTIFUL.

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Just think that is over a trillion stars and millions of planets, with beings looking at us and thinking the same thing!

225 billion galaxies...

www.skyandtelescope.com...

With a 100 - 400 billion stars in just the milky way.

en.wikipedia.org...

100 billion planets in just our local galaxy.

The number of stars in the "visible" universe is mind boggling.

If the new unlimited universe theory is true, then the number may be infinite.

io9.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join