It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any help with this pic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This pic was taken this morning at approximately 7 AM Local time in Iraq. I was out smoking, with my boss when I noticed a bright object some distance away. I went and got my camera and snapped a few shots. We observed the object for approximately 15 minutes.
I am not very good with photo enhancing software. Any help with this?
I have zoomed in on the object and looked at it. I won't say what I think I saw so I won't pollute others thinking. I am posting the photo as it came off of my camera.
Thanks

Ok looks like I did something wrong. I can't seem to get the pic to post here. Any sugestions?
[edit on 1-1-2005 by shr_squid]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
you need the exact address of the image and you put it in between

[edit on 1-1-2005 by DarkSide]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Any ideas where I can web the pic besides yahoo?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Image shack is the site I prefer. There are many others so just do a search on google for pic hosting. Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
img78.exs.cx...

thanks for your help.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
shr_squid I've come up with a few pics myself just like this, trouble
is when I try to enlarge them it doesn't seem to help, just comes up
with a bigger more blurry dot in the sky

Do you have any theories as to what it is yourself?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
external image

here's your pic at half size, and this is the object in the sky enlarged

I don't think it's clear enough to make out what it could be, although the shape does look too elongated to be a star. I assume that you got a much better view of it than you can provide with this pic? I think you might have to let us know what you think it was.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I can't possitively say what it is, but considering that it is around sunrise and considering the brightness and scale I would most likely say it is Venus. Again without knowing its exact position or movement that would be my guess. If it appears to be moving fairly fast it could also be the the ISS (International Space Station). It looks very similar to what is in your photograph as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

I had somew friends at work take a look at the image and try to clean it up or at least get some more dsetail out of it. We enlarged the image and there appears to be an air distubance out to the left of the object. It also appears to be in front of the clouds not behind. We turned it into a negative which i thought was a pretty good indication that something solid was there. The object was near motionless the entire time I watched it.
Just wish I had a better zoom on my camera.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I tried running it through some photo. editing software and I did not get the desired outcome. I did however get a fuzzy and seemingly wavey spot to the imediate left of the image and I can't tell you what it is. Sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
when looking it at it on the side looks more like a ufo but the difference in the light from the top looks supsicious to me sorry
or maybe the sun was reflecting off the top making it look brighter i dunno
we need better cleaner pics if you can where this was taken perhaps you could og on a ufo hunt

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
hey guys is it me cause i can,t see anything?

Xon

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If you open the picture big there is a star like objekt almoste in the middle of the picture. If it dident move I think it was a planet, or a star.

Xon

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
(edit out duplicate post)

[edit on 1-1-2005 by pantha]

Xon

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
(edit out duplicate post)

[edit on 1-1-2005 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It looks like one of the dippers to me (big dipper little dipper).
I say this because I see three dots in that shape.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL! I never saw anything either until someone enlarged the pic! At first I thought what we were looking at was the big black thing on the left ! Like the big black triangles and black probes people see sometimes. I was like wow!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just looking at it, my guess it is either venus, another planet, or a satelite, maybe iss. the fact that you state it as motionless makes me think even more a possible planet.

however, id need to know what time of day, about what degree and direction of the sky you are looking at, and waht date, to either confirm or rule out a planet.

how long was it visible? was it motionless the whole time? if not, how long did it move, and how fast?

regardless, thanks for sharing the pic, as its a beautiful sunrise anyway. brings back memories of when i was stationed in saudi, and often would stare in the east over the flat desert stretches and watch the sun...the HUGE sun.....rise slowly over the horizon, and take up half the sky....

the desert is a beautiful, wonderous place, if you are capable of seeing true beauty and wonder.............

new topics

top topics

join