It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, Nothing or Something?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Possibly, you may need an opposable thumb to pat properly.

I have been a harpy on the back of that creator god for eons (some of us need thumbs) not just the ring tailed lemurs.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Great for hanging out, not so great for typing.
Texting tho, watch out!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void

Great for hanging out, not so great for typing.
Texting tho, watch out!

I thought those creatures (developed for smart phones [key pads] inclusively) were created with 5 thumbs each hand? could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've been trying to ponder this topic again lately, please bare with me and imagine this scenario:

If in the beginning there is only nothingness and if this nothingness exists solely by itself, doesn't that make nothingness also a "something" by itself? In other words nothing and something are one and the same yet complete opposites of one another. In the beginning there is nothing, and that nothing is something and vice versa... in the beginning there is something and that something is nothing...

Is this unity of a dichotomous concept only a matter of semantics or is there much more to it? Is this the paradox of all existence? Will it be redundant and illogical to speculate that nothing exists outside of nothingness in the context of primordial birth of everything?

Do we use the term nothing by itself or nothing in itself? Do we have to use Sartre-esque terms? Do I sound like a lawyer who found a loophole in the the law? Can I argue that my client is both innocent and guilty at the same time and get away with it? Either way I get paid if it's not a pro bono case.

On this note, I would like to request for a continuance your honors, that is all for now.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Request for a sidebar your honor... I was just wondering, why was DarkWaters' comment removed? Did DarkWaters just advised me to plea bargain or commented that my case should be dismissed for lack of merit or for violating the rules of evidence in court?... oh, you can't tell me, nothing at all to do with my post? Pardon me, I understand... I was just curious... On to the case then...

Your honors, with regards to the dichotomous unity of nothingness and somethingness and to further muddy the puddle, let us also speculate by introducing the concept of consciousness in our scenario. Will nothingness still exist without the concept of consciousness and will consciousness exist only by itself and be self-conscious?... Are you all still with me because I just lost my train of thought?...

... and if we attribute the concept of infinity to nothingness, can nothingness still be a nothingness by itself and be a nothingness that consciousness will still be conscious of? If there is something that consciousness cannot be conscious of what shall we call it? Can we call it nothing? No?

Your honors, I present Exhibit A:

The Yin-Yang Symbol

Exhibit B:

The Infinity Symbol

Exhibit C:
Where Does the Mathematical Sign For Infinity Come From?

Please note the implied unity to the design of both symbols presented as Exhibit A & B, which brings me to the questions what is the opposite of consciousness and the opposite of infinity? Please bare with me your honors, I'm trying to build my case here... I ... I think that my nose is bleeding... and parts of my brain oozing through my ears... my I respectfully request for another continuance your honors?...

Light fades. Curtain.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join