It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, Nothing or Something?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What came first? A singularity. What is a singularity you may ask , It is anything modern physics cannot explain. This singularity contained all matter , energy , and the space/time fabric.The particles started colliding more and more until they got down to the smallest which morphed into the mythical higgs-bosun particle . Since this supposed particle adds mass to matter , gravity was formed. The particles continued to collide and the singularity reached critical mass. The singularity started expanding . Thus the great expansion began.and continues on till today and possibly into infinity. everything you see in the universe was created from this super mega massive singularity. (i.e. we are just leftover space junk)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

That's just it, nothing made the Scotch, it was born out of Universal need...the only criteria required to exist prior to everything else.

I can't even believe how close you were, I thought you
were gonna nail it! Twas God made the Scotch amigo.
Where else would he get the idea for a univers?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

this is classic Musashi. thing/ no thing

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

this is classic Musashi. thing/ no thing
Never heard of him but I will look him up!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
"What came first, something or nothing"
Both; as twinned idiots with similar brilliant ideas fouled up the footwork at the finish line (it was a tie).

edit on 21-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Thermal dynamics reveals that Energy is always changing and moving but cannot be created or destroy.

True but that only applies to our universe. For all we know there could be other universes where or laws of physics and science don't apply.

Or perhaps we are just a simulation:

Everything universe = new Everything();
universe.getEnergy().init();
universe.getEnergy().setAllowCreateEnergy(false);
universe.getEnergy().setAllowDestroyEnergy(false);

Planet earth = universe.getPlanet();
earth.setClusterF#ckVariable(new Money());

The right answer to the question is: we don't know and are likely to not know what came first, hence the reason why I'm agnostic instead of an atheist. However, it doesn't make it any less fun to speculate.

Our universe could be missing that extra property or dimension to enable us to see what came first or since we are in it we can't see it.
edit on 06930America/ChicagoMon, 21 Sep 2015 23:06:43 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Nothing cannot be something, but something can be nothing.

Or, First there was something and then there was nothing.

Or, After nothing was something, something became nothing.

Or, when the nothing stopped being something it turned back into nothing.

Or, nothing from nothing leaves nothing, unless it is something.

edit on 22-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: spy66
If Our universe is 13,79 billion years old. What did Our universe look like 15 billion years ago? .... What does science say??

What void was Our universe made up of 15 billion years ago? ... What does science say??

I believe we were in the midst of being sucked in and spit out of a torus vortex. A map of the universe and timeline of the big bang leads me to believe this is a possiblity.

I am driven by the science of it all. And quantum science has uncovered new facts that may actually reflect on a larger scale.

The problem With Quantum physics is that it revolves around Properties of present time. Not even quatum science can see the beginning of time, because there is to much present time that affect their measurements. Just like science cant produce a absolute vacuum that is absolute empty. Because the vacuum is surrounded by energy and matter.

Science have figured out that light travels at a constant speed in a set vacuum. Said in a different way: Light travels at a constant speed in a void without time, energies, particles and matter.

If i ask you this:

- Did the sun exist before the absolute vacuum og Space ?

- Did the singularity exist before the absolute vacuum of Space?

- Could time, particles and matter exist before the absolute vacuum of Space?

A Clue on how to view this: Space is a void which Properties must exist within.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

** in the Beginning, no soul was Awake, so nothing was seen or "knowable". but AFTER the Kamanic Proto-Unity began to manifest, and Consciousness developed the ability to "see itself", then RETRO-spectively we assume that the KPU (something) was Latent in an unseeable "Nothing". so the Dark Cosmic Womb (Egg) existed first, and the chicken came out of IT. but just From where and Why did the Whole Lot come [ Triad Soul (Background + Object + Observer) ], is the ULTIMATE MYSTERY which even g/o/d the hebrew Butcher of Earth (BOE) does not know the answer.... but Our Mother in Heaven (OMH) is the Closest to that Beginning, and SHE says that LOVE will finally control the self-Admiring fallen idiot ("god" NOT = GOOD) when it has finished singing hymns to itself, and Concentrates on DOING good by Installing Intelligent Governments and destroying Criminal jew-Banker systems, rather than keep bragging about his "glory". EVIDENCE across 3000 years shows jesus was TRICKED by that half-Evil "father", who did defeat the Original Satan, but then took over as a huge EGOTIST itself (similar to Xerxes the 8ft homosexual in movie 300). jesus (forgiveness) never rejected the Previous hebrew g/o/d (wrath & eye for eye), so was effectively praying to a Replacement Devil. be careful You readers dont get so Tricked, kaman
edit on 22/9/15 by MasterKaman because: some improvements

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterKaman

so jesus (forgiveness) was praying to a Replacement Devil (wrathful hebrew),

The God Jesus spoke of, does not sound like a "wrathful" deity to me:

Luke 6:35-36King James Version (KJV)

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Here is a longer version of this teaching in Matthew:

Matthew 5:44-48King James Version (KJV)

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

All things come from Source/Love/Unity/God/The Highest (Energy). Nothing did not create something. There is Something (Love/Unity) that is The Source of everything and which connects everything.

When the water gets cold and pieces of ice appears in it, that ice is still One with the water.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think nothing came first, then something happened like the big bang and then something exists. To think the world has always been here is a lot harder to believe to me...I mean then how did it start? ...nothing had to exist first. Something had to have created the world and universe. Whether you believe that's a God, the big bang or something else entirely..

It's all a lot to think about though and frankly we may never KNOW what happened, we can only have theories because no one was there at the very start or whatever.

Isn't there cosmic background noise or something they've been able to pick up that they think is leftover from the big bang? I know i've heard of something...

And from my understanding (i'm no expert though not even close) the universe is still expanding, so stuff may still be being created. Though something exists now of course, every planet, star, galaxy, they exist and we know that. So...maybe nothing and something do exist together.

Now i'm confused. I'm still trying to wake up. I figured if something existed nothing could not exist anymore but had to exist at the very start before something was created but now thinking about it maybe they do exist side by side and frankly I think my head is going to explode. Much thinking to be done.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Wickedjr89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Nothing is something if we compared them with the "all". They both are part of the all, therefore they are opposites (the duality of everything). And three at the same time. Nothing + something = all.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Nothing doesn't exist. Even in a vacuum, space still exists there.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wickedjr89

And from my understanding (i'm no expert though not even close) the universe is still expanding, so stuff may still be being created. Though something exists now of course, every planet, star, galaxy, they exist and we know that. So...maybe nothing and something do exist together.

Sure they do. The infinite Space does not dissapear just becuase the singularity appears and expands.

If i asked you: If the Space surrounding Our universe consisted of a greater positive force or pressure than the Space/dark matter within Our universe...... would Our universe expand? Or would it retract....be compressed?
Would the the speed of light speed up, decrease or be constant at the edge of Our universe? ref... the speed of light is a constant in a vacuum.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I have no idea. Science is not my strong suit, sadly. I'm guessing it would retract/be compressed? The speed of light I can't even guess what it would do. Speed up? Always be on the edge....

I admit I have no idea, i'm just guessing.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's actually a really easy question to answer.

Something.

Nothing cannot ever exist. The hint is in the word, no thing.

The hard question to answer is how much amazing stuff is in what we think of as nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am thinking singularity may actually be duality.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Nothing cannot be something, but something can be nothing.

Or, First there was something and then there was nothing.

Or, After nothing was something, something became nothing.

Or, when the nothing stopped being something it turned back into nothing.

Or, nothing from nothing leaves nothing, unless it is something.

Ha! But nothing is only defined by comparison to something. So both must exist simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Ever have that dream when you was a child of something being so colossal and also so tiny even microscopic at the same time?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wickedjr89

Now i'm confused. I'm still trying to wake up. I figured if something existed nothing could not exist anymore but had to exist at the very start before something was created but now thinking about it maybe they do exist side by side and frankly I think my head is going to explode. Much thinking to be done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join