It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What came first, Nothing or Something?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Time is an actual dimension according to the laws of physics.

Have you ever experienced any other time but now?
You are never not now - you are always present.

But I did experience last week, two years ago, etc...and yet I am always present, too.

That is the remembrance of an event is all experienced as "now I just reinterpreted" and redesign that experience to make more sense. Its normal to do this (those memories need doctoring).

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

a reply to: Fingle

Nothing could not exist unless the Idea of Something also existed to define it. It's an impossible paradox to overcome.

The only reason humans exist is to define God (as our creator). It has no idea what it is without our attempts to describe its OWN beingness. This is a selfish act on its part but you know we were the creation it decided upon ulimately as its interpreter; (insects did not pass muster apparently).

Why would we need to define a Creator if a Creator existed already in a definite form?

We are the last step in a mathematical equation of Ideas that went from the first 'Something' that manifested itself as an Idea to the Idea of Nothing that manifested in Minds.

We don't have to define it. We are being used to define Itself to Itself. We are God existing in a definite form as individualized parts of itself. We probably are the last step FINAL in its imperfect expression of itself as perfection is not attainable.

But for what purpose? A creator could not exist in an indefinite form -- it would just be a mish-mash of possible Ideas. I guess I am missing what purpose would cause us to have to define a Creator that is already defined.

God is "infinite" and all there is. So Gods form is defined.... God is infinite... always was and always is.

God is the infinite source that made something come into existance. And that something evovled into producing life.

Gods creation is the seed that later formed life. After billions of years of expansion.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Fingle

Nothing could not exist unless the Idea of Something also existed to define it. It's an impossible paradox to overcome.

The only reason humans exist is to define God (as our creator). It has no idea what it is without our attempts to describe its OWN beingness. This is a selfish act on its part but you know we were the creation it decided upon ulimately as its interpreter; (insects did not pass muster apparently).

Why would we need to define a Creator if a Creator existed already in a definite form?

We are the last step in a mathematical equation of Ideas that went from the first 'Something' that manifested itself as an Idea to the Idea of Nothing that manifested in Minds.

We don't have to define it. We are being used to define Itself to Itself. We are God existing in a definite form as individualized parts of itself. We probably are the last step FINAL in its imperfect expression of itself as perfection is not attainable.

But for what purpose? A creator could not exist in an indefinite form -- it would just be a mish-mash of possible Ideas. I guess I am missing what purpose would cause us to have to define a Creator that is already defined.

You answered your own question. A creator (if thought so to be) cannot exist in a vacuum. Creator was never defined until it stepped out of that vacuum and created a mirror for itself (the human) that reacted/questioned the reason for its creation and who created it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

But I did experience last week, two years ago, etc...and yet I am always present, too.

That is the remembrance of an event is all experienced as "now I just reinterpreted" and redesign that experience to make more sense. Its normal to do this (those memories need doctoring).

But Time is unbroken. I didn't just suddenly remember or reinterpret it. It never changed from the moment the time passed.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Your are intellectualizing, which is why you are enmeshed in a the dualistic consciousness and involved with argumentation of opposite logic pairs. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. God can only be known through direct realization through conscious attunement. It is beyond being, non being, somethingness, nothingness. The pairs ascended two by two into Noah's Ark.
edit on 2-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: edification illumination rectification

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You answered your own question. A creator (if thought so to be) cannot exist in a vacuum. Creator was never defined until it stepped out of that vacuum and created a mirror for itself (the human) that reacted/questioned the reason for its creation and who created it.

If it exists, then it is definable. With or without a Mind to define it, react to it, or question it.

Pluto didn't need a Mind to define it, react to it, or question it before it was in the definable form in which Minds first perceived it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cryptic0void

Your are intellectualizing, which is why you are enmeshed in a the dualistic consciousness and involved with argumentation of opposite logic pairs. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was God. Its can only be apprehended through direct experience. It is beyond being, non being, somethingness, nothingness. The pairs descended two by two into Noah's Ark.

You and I are miles apart. Rather than engage in an argument that will lead to nothing enlightening for either of us. Let me just say I think it's great that you believe as you do.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

But Time is unbroken. I didn't just suddenly remember or reinterpret it. It never changed from the moment the time passed.

On this planet; time is limited to the linear as you say 'unbroken'. Within the other higher dimensions there is no linear time concept and can break the rules concerning this false concept HERE; inserting mischief/time bombs to suit their own desperate survival to change their present (these being our creator Gods) not the AUO.
edit on 2-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Gods creation is the seed that later formed life. After billions of years of expansion.

But this is a giant leap in logic...

So giant, it is billions of years absent an explanation from point A to point B.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I don't expect you to understand this. We are being played.

Ah...uh, ok.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Let me just say that it's great that you believe that I believe as I do, carry on.
edit on 2-10-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

A memory is a memory of a memory, but is it real?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Let me just say that it's great that you believe that I believe as I do, carry on.

I do not. But I shall carry on.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

A memory is a memory of a memory, but is it real?

Great question. Was the initial experience real as you interpreted it or had to re-assess that which just happened. Memory is just correcting what you experienced recently or in a prior lifetime (that lava flow at Pompeii; the lion eating one alive in the Roman Colosseum) were/are memories that needed a better outcome in order to process them or make better sense of them; and this includes real time events that happened yesterday needing reflection.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What came first

You have answered your own question.
"What "is at the beginning .
"What" came first !

"What" is nothing!

"What" is something!

What! What! What!

Shout it from the rooftops ! Let "what!" be your mantra!

"What" is truth !

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

vhb:You answered your own question. A creator (if thought so to be) cannot exist in a vacuum. Creator was never defined until it stepped out of that vacuum and created a mirror for itself (the human) that reacted/questioned the reason for its creation and who created it.

MothrMayEye:If it exists, then it is definable. With or without a Mind to define it, react to it, or question it.
Pluto didn't need a Mind to define it, react to it, or question it before it was in the definable form in which Minds first perceived it.

You mean God/AUO? It still as far as I am concerned exists based upon its record of distinct creations; the subltle ecosystems living within the ridiculous amount/number of species; the delicate balance of all existing together on one planet formation. Mindful intent/action can only be measured by physical output; creativity exists as the Obvious, energyform.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
There is no such thing as nothing period!

Correct.

But, none-the-less, the Idea of Nothing had to manifest because you cannot have an Idea of Something without an Idea of Nothing to compare it to.

I don't know about comparing, as there is Nothing to compare, to me it would be, with out the perspective of the Something, the Nothing, could not, not exist.

Plus with the vastness of the Something, where else could you ever put it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

There are some thoughts that the Big Bang Never occurred, the One still stands unmoved only, dreaming.

In some Religions, they believe, there were only so many souls, as they were separated, made more they became less powerful.

As Rama exhale, he breathed a part of self, into every being thing in the Universe. From Gita

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO

Correct.

But, none-the-less, the Idea of Nothing had to manifest because you cannot have an Idea of Something without an Idea of Nothing to compare it to.

I don't know about comparing, as there is Nothing to compare, to me it would be, with out the perspective of the Something, the Nothing, could not, not exist.

Nothing is what Something is not. As long as there is Something, there is Something to compare to Nothing -- It is everything Something is not.

edit on 5-10-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO

Correct.

Nothing is what Something is not. As long as there is Something, there is Something to compare to Nothing -- It is everything Something is not.

There is Nothing to compare, how could Nothing be everything, all it is void.

The Something is expanding into the Nothing, but the Nothing is not getting smaller.

It is not anything the Something is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join