It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imperial Ambitions: Russia’s Military Buildup......The Dark Corners Of Putin's Mind........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Main Concern Should Be: Why would Putin be a threat if he is sending aid to citizens of Syria and weapons to the Syrian army to stop ISIS? While Obama is sending weapons for the so called rebels who we now know are siding with ISIS and bombing the military force which is trying to prevent the expansion of ISIS in the Middle East..

Thusly the deteriorating situation which we know as Arab Spring which was spearheaded by the Bush Administration and transitioned into the Obama Administration failed horribly. Not only did it breed another Terrorist Organization just like the (Taliban and Al Qaeda) but yet again caused a headache for Europe and Russia.

The only fear that is born to this world should be the fear of - "What will be the next chaotic failure the American Political Administration launch? In order to profit at the expense of yet another public relations blender.

Better yet we should ask the question - What happened to the once great America that was seen as "The land of the Free and the nation of where dreams come true" ?!?!
edit on 22-9-2015 by TheBoyKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We all know it the FSA is a bunch of terrorists, no matter how you slice it.

To try and say some of them are nice moderate terrorists is just silly!

Besides anyone with a few brain cells would recall that they are where ISIL came from in the first place, after they left Libya they went to Syria and started thier revolt in 2011.
edit on 22-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Today:

The US will very soon store 20 Nuclear bombs type "B 61-12" in Germany.

These are to be put on US f-15 and German Tornado's if a confrontation takes Place With Russia.

Seams like the US are gearing up as well.

American F-15 just did a test run With this bomb as well.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

There is still the unexplained absence of Putin where he was out of sight for like 10 days. While their was much speculation about what occurred the fact remains his head body guard in fact died and that has never been explained, let alone even discussed.

The talking heads have noted that Putin has made promises to groups to gain their support and those 3 main groups (military / Oligarchs / FSB-Security) have conflicting agendas. They were speculating on how long Putin could keep them under control and how promising all the factions what they wanted they would get would eventually lead to power struggles.

If Putin has broken the law / used FSB or secret services to remain in power he could never step down as President unless his successor is someone he could control. Other wise he would be opening himself up to his enemies.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I do not get what is Russia trying to achieve by building forces inside Syria. Even the US and NATO cannot take ISIS by fighting from the air. Ground troops are needed but Arab ground troops are not loyal and tend to either defect or surrender/retreat quickly.

Is Putin afraid that ISIS will spread to his southern region or he is afraid that Assad will be defeated?

Is Putin trying to gain some good name that Russia defeated ISIS hence West should forgive him for Ukraine? If that is the point then Putin should remember that ultimate goal of West is to break Russia up. Seen from its demeanor even after 1991 break up of USSR, West will never be friends with Russia.

Russia can support Assad via Iran which has both manpower and stronger political and religious reasons/affiliations to help Damascus.

Whatever be the efforts, Putin should make sure to be not caught in a trap where his troops are fighting the AQ/ISIS rebels which are funded by oil rich Saudi, Qatar and UAE.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Russia is using ISIS as an excuse to keep Assad in power.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

They didn't need that, but thanks to our western geniuses they now can havea red carpet and the applauses of the entire "free world" for doing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
afraid that Assad will be defeated?

Is Putin trying to gain some good name that Russia defeated ISIS hence West should forgive him for Ukraine? If that is the point then Putin should remember that ultimate goal of West is to break Russia up. Seen from its demeanor even after 1991 break up of USSR, West will never be friends with Russia.

Really? The west tried. Russia screwed themselves up and regenerated anti-West hate on their own.

Now the west wants to prevent Russia from taking over the west's actual friends who liberated themselves from past darkness. Russia had the same chance.

Whatever be the efforts, Putin should make sure to be not caught in a trap where his troops are fighting the AQ/ISIS rebels which are funded by oil rich Saudi, Qatar and UAE.

Who then should Russia's troops in Syria be fighting?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The B61 is already in Germany and other locations in Europe and Turkey. They're replacing older bombs with the ones equipped with the GPS tail kit.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

They didn't need that, but thanks to our western geniuses they now can havea red carpet and the applauses of the entire "free world" for doing it.

Wha????

He most certainly did need it. Assad was on the brink of collapse, controlling only 10%-20% of Syria with the reminder under FSA and / or ISIS.

Secondly as has been pointed out time and again Russia has been blocking UNSC resolution dealing with Syria.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

And Thank God for Russians keeping Assad in power. With Assad gone, Syria and part of Iraq will become ISIS nation immediately. Then with the power of numbers at hand, ISIS will march on smaller nations like Jordan, Yemen etc. and not to forget will try to usurp the whole of Iraq.

With more oil in the resources, ISIS will become more powerful and might even spread further into Turkey, Egypt, North African nations.

The EVILness taking form in monstrous proportions, will soon have the world thrown into a war with Islamic nations, resulting in global chaos of all kinds. God forbid if these fanatics get their hands on the WMDs (Syria has a lots of chemicals already) and they will hold the world at ransom to meet their demands.

Blame Russia as much as you want, but when time comes, your types will be squealing the loudest.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

No he didn't need ISIS to intervene, he already had an agreemednt with Assad and could legitimately intervene.

Secondly USA vetoed every UN resolution against Israel, so what?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

US has not learned a bit from the Arab Spring outcomes and developments in Egypt and Libya. In Egypt, the muslim brotherhood came to power and in Libya there is a chaos with AQ backed elements making noise etc.

In Egypt, a new Mubarak is in place now, and things are turning back to normal slowly.

Implementing or forcing Democracy is sexy ofcourse but real question is how well can actual players handle it. Russians flipped on such formula in the 90s and Arabs are far more backward and disorganized to take the Democratic ball and run towards the touchdown.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ISIS was the excuse for Russia to deploy its military to Syria. Russia is present to keep Assad in power and nothing more.

Russia has vetoed every single UNSCR on Syria and Ukraine so I guess I should say so what right?
edit on 23-9-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Russia is OPENLY supporting Assad since before the war, but you know, something happened on their border and the pipelines bringing russian gas to the EU. Coincidence?

What you say makes no sense except in the world of people watching 24h Khardashans and drinking Forbes propaganda.
ISIS is the excuse for the west to attack. Before, they tried accusing Assad with fake chemical weapons, it didn't work and as usual it resulted in an embarassing finding. How convenient that a group of fools suddenly decided to move in with the same objective as the neocons. This group of jihadist that "must be fought in every country" regardless if the country is sovereign or not, because FU we are 'muricans. Coincidence?
And by going there Putin is just jumping on their eggs and getting an enourmous support FOR FREE, he even gets to kill Chechens who joined ISIS, you know, the ones you use to say that Russia is supporting ISIS lately. Propaganda for nurseries.

You said Russia vetoed for Syria with the obvious intention of showing how the entire world is against Syria, except Putin. Then I asked you how about Israel and US veto? How about showing us why the russian veto is different from the american one on Israel? They are both irrelevant or both indicative of something stinking, but in no way different.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Now for the real truth without getting myself in trouble......My SO happens to be one of the Afghan or Iraqi so called "trainers" that will help coalition fight IS!!

I tried to point out some facts without having to mention the afore statement....But some or most on here( this thread) are so bloated on the Propaganda and any bit of info they can get there hands on they have lost the ability to recognize reality...

So to the ignorant here that think they have it all figured out, I will make it very simple!!

Russia is a very big threat Right NOW!! The world does not know what is actually happening because the media is NOT on the front lines reporting the truth because the danger is so great they would quickly become a casualty!

Of the many times American soldiers have gone into battle our military has never come across such a challenge as IS has proven to be!! Now you throw into the mix the maniacal Putin .....and every moment of the current war against IS becomes a moment of unpredictable dread!

I don't care who propped up who for what reason it is all irrelevant now!! But when you send hardened soldiers the best of the best into war you give them what they need to succeed at all cost!! The so called "evil Americans" are fighting Is now with there hands tied behind their back......We have troops on the ground in combat, but we need more and now most definitely need more if you don't want to see your world completely turned upside down!!

Things in the MID EAST are extremely tense the worst they have been since the 1960's As Victor7 stated!! I do not know details but i know my SO and recognize the fear in his voice! America is doing everything possible to avoid WWIII!

Putin is not stupid but very calculating and he is weaving his plans as I type! They do wish to dominate the entire world and he will kill anyone and everyone that gets in his way!

As far as ASSAD goes and his rights and how he needs to be propped up is just plain stupid and sickening...That monster did use chemical weapons against his people and we have the proof.....However that info I m sure is classified and will not come out for years!!

For those of you foolish enough to fall at the feet of PUTIN let me show you an example of your idea and how that may turn out for you! I'm not gonna post the movie clip because it is way too graphic!! But google Bruce willis and Jack black
from the movie THE JACKAL!! it will be the first clip after searching you tube! Willis represents Russia and Black is the one who foresees Putin I.E. Russia as no threat...HYPOTHETICAL ONLY!!

But please listen to what i have told you RUSSIA IS OUR BIGGEST THREAT! Don't be Hoodwinked! Be Smart!

Pax.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Now for the real truth without getting myself in trouble......My SO happens to be one of the Afghan or Iraqi so called "trainers" that will help coalition fight IS!!

I tried to point out some facts without having to mention the afore statement....But some or most on here( this thread) are so bloated on the Propaganda and any bit of info they can get there hands on they have lost the ability to recognize reality...

So to the ignorant here that think they have it all figured out, I will make it very simple!!

Russia is a very big threat Right NOW!! The world does not know what is actually happening because the media is NOT on the front lines reporting the truth because the danger is so great they would quickly become a casualty!

Of the many times American soldiers have gone into battle our military has never come across such a challenge as IS has proven to be!! Now you throw into the mix the maniacal Putin .....and every moment of the current war against IS becomes a moment of unpredictable dread!

I don't care who propped up who for what reason it is all irrelevant now!! But when you send hardened soldiers the best of the best into war you give them what they need to succeed at all cost!! The so called "evil Americans" are fighting Is now with there hands tied behind their back......We have troops on the ground in combat, but we need more and now most definitely need more if you don't want to see your world completely turned upside down!!

Things in the MID EAST are extremely tense the worst they have been since the 1960's As Victor7 stated!! I do not know details but i know my SO and recognize the fear in his voice! America is doing everything possible to avoid WWIII!

Putin is not stupid but very calculating and he is weaving his plans as I type! They do wish to dominate the entire world and he will kill anyone and everyone that gets in his way!

As far as ASSAD goes and his rights and how he needs to be propped up is just plain stupid and sickening...That monster did use chemical weapons against his people and we have the proof.....However that info I m sure is classified and will not come out for years!!

For those of you foolish enough to fall at the feet of PUTIN let me show you an example of your idea and how that may turn out for you! I'm not gonna post the movie clip because it is way too graphic!! But google Bruce willis and Jack black
from the movie THE JACKAL!! it will be the first clip after searching you tube! Willis represents Russia and Black is the one who foresees Putin I.E. Russia as no threat...HYPOTHETICAL ONLY!!

But please listen to what i have told you RUSSIA IS OUR BIGGEST THREAT! Don't be Hoodwinked! Be Smart!

Pax.

Heres an idea just an idea, if you dont want to be blown to bits by Russians or Assadists then dont embed yourself with the terrorists in Syria period.

If your not with the terrorists in Syria which includes the FSA you shouldnt be targeted.

But on the other hand if your with the terrorists or some rebel group in Syria expect to be targeted as one of them well because your one of them of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

What kind of clearance has you SO? Because you are assuming that somebody just for being in the military MUST have absolutely true infos. While in fact it's probably the opposite or they would simply stop perpetrating the criminal activity coming from Washington and Wall Street.

So how many american military have been deployed to fight ISIS?

There is a reason why ISIS has not yet been defeated and is not because you tried hard but didn't succeed.

Not really, the USA is trying to keep the fight going, because you know, oil and money.

Except he can't, the only power in the world that has the resources to dominate hegominically is the only one that IS dominating the world. And it's your country.

You might want to educate about the Ghouta chemical attacks, because we know it wasn't him.

For those of you foolish enough to fall at the feet of PUTIN let me show you an example of your idea and how that may turn out for you! I'm not gonna post the movie clip because it is way too graphic!! But google Bruce willis and Jack black from the movie THE JACKAL!! it will be the first clip after searching you tube! Willis represents Russia and Black is the one who foresees Putin I.E. Russia as no threat...HYPOTHETICAL ONLY!!

Pax.

Russia is the biggest threat for your hegemonic control, and many countries are simply tired of being blackmailed with economical and military threats.
You fall from propaganda much more than the average joe and I understand it might be because you are scared for your beloved life, but you are so far from the reality that you should really look at who's leading your country: immoral, unempathic, greedy nazis. And Europeans aren't better, they just don't have the same power to impose those rules.

The USA is risking of making Puting a much bigger threat than what he is, if you had any intelligent leader in the past 55 years we wouldn't be in this situation. The problem is that when you can bully anyone without repercussions at some point you go a step too far and you can collapse the whole system.
I have no doubts that if there's someone willing to press the red button is someone safely in a USA bunker.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The B61 was already present in Belgium since at least ...
People are not just supposed to mention about them.
The 52nd fighter wing - 701st Munitions Support Squadron (701 MUNSS) is keeping an eye on them.

Kleine Brogel Nukes: Not There, Over Here!

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Im not arguing with you i am stating fact! It's obvious you are coming from a very personal biased opinion based on your support for anyone agaianst USA.....Propaganda? Right!

Whay would i tell anyone what kind of clearance he has? That is irrelevant! I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else!

You are right about our present leader OBOZO! He has screwed over our military more than once! If he would have listened to the Commanders on the ground and his own intelligence source IS would never have gotten the hold that they have...He was told what would happen regarding IS four years ago! And he didn't listen! He was told not to pull troops out all at what time, repeatedly but ignored the military's leading, thus creating a vacuum to let anyone swoop in and try and take over that region.....Putin stepped up for money and greed and is using his fight against IS as an excuse to to pump up Assads regime and take over the Baltic States...everyone with half a brian knows this!

What part of the world do you live in? You have been brainwashed into thinking that the worst of the worst is the best!

All you have done is repeat the lies you have heard or read about it...Your logic is completely upside down! You are passing off your opinion as fact!! Because if you knew anything about the USA you would understand we do NOT need the oil in that region we soon will have our own with the Key Stone Pipeline!

If you think we don't have troops on the ground and have had for a very long time then you are not up on any current events and are just a sympathizer to anyone against the U.S.!! How can you support the people that are slaughtering their own? The US is not killing their own citizens that would be your Assad! Your Putin as he marched into a Sovreign Country killed and bombed the citizens there and took over as he did in Crimea!

Earlier you stated that the people of Crimea wanted to go back to Russian rule! That is so far from the truth! Why would anyone who is free yearn for the rule of Communist! Let me give up my freedom and go bacck to a place where i have none? Maakes no sense!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join