It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Donald Trump On The Second Amendment: ‘Protecting That Freedom Is Imperative’

page: 1

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
As promised last night. It's a Trump roast on a subject I am very vocal about. The right of WE THE PEOPLE to keep, and bear arms. Parts of his platform might sound good so lets expose some BIG problems. So Trump wants to incorporate 'criminal' and mental health records on the fourth amendment violation with the background check. Hell ole Trump tripled down on totalitarianism on that one alone.So Trump wants to 'fix' the background check instead of what needs to be done it's total abolition. Then make it more invasive with mental health records.

Now if Trump had already bothered to read the 1968 Gun Control Act he'd know that mentally ill people are verboten from owning firearms. Then if he had bothered to read the Brady Law which the state doubled down verbatim on the same issues.

Last Friday, The Donald released his position paper on Second Amendment rights–and it wasn’t too bad. In fact, any freedom loving, gun rights supporter would support it. The vast majority of what’s in this policy paper is good. Mr. Trump voices his support for national right to carry, reforming our mental health system, ending gun-free zones on military bases and recruitment centers, and fixing the background check system. He also called magazine and assault weapons bans "total failures."

The 'DON'

Sounds good doesn't ?

Here's a blast from the past.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record. Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

I don't see MORE freedoms on gun rights in this country with Trump. I see less.

Therefore I give Trump a big fat 'Your not hired'.

Don't mess with my guns, Don't mess with my head making firearm ownership 'mental'.

NEWAYS that's my opinion, and I am sticking too it.
edit on 21-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
Absolutely agree with you on that one. The more I hear what comes out of his mouth the more I dislike the guy. Thumbs up for this and starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:07 PM
a reply to: neo96

honestly, I chalk it up to him just not knowing the facts. The media and politicians have lied so much about guns, that it doesn't surprise me that someone would be misinformed about the current laws already on the books. He probably believes the memes about mentally ill buying weapons, assault weapons, gun show loop holes, etc because no one has exposed the lie.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM

Spot on, whenever a politician brings up the second amendment as an "issue", you know there is a piece of legislation in the works to somehow enhance what is crystal clear.

A "Protect Our Guns Act" would undoubtedly take away our guns.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:36 PM
The guy is a completely loose cannon with no moral or political convictions.

Who knows what he'll say in a month or six months or what the Republicans will get if they nominate him.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:46 PM
Trump's a salesman and promoter. That's all he's ever been. That in itself doesn't make him inherently bad, it just means that's what you get.

Everything he's done, or proposes doing is great and spectacular and if you disagree, you're a loser. And if something he's had his hand in fails, it's someone else's fault.

He comes from a zero/sum world and if anyone's ill fitted for the POTUS position just based on their demeanor, it's Trump.

He's entertaining and I'm enjoying the chaos his tree shaking is creating, but as an actual POTUS? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:35 PM
So he wants a relatively short waiting period in order to do a background check, and he wants to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, and he might want to ban assault weapons. This seems like a pretty moderate stance that I can agree with.

I do see a problem with banning assault weapons, however. Some people like taking those out shooting.
edit on 21pmMon, 21 Sep 2015 14:37:18 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:10 PM

I dont understand why we even debate what these politicians say about this issue or that issue. Its almost never any indication of what theyll actually DO. I guess people have to cast their useless vote for some reason even if its total fiction.

"If you like your guns, you can keep your guns!"
edit on 21-9-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:32 AM
Honestly, I can care less about trump. But me being a gun lover myself, I have a concealed carry permit. As I would assume you do? If you do have a carry permit, there is no waiting periods etc. On buying firearms. So I don't really see why it would bother you. Especially with the fact that he said something about making gun permits work nationwide like a drivers license as opposed to state to state. I actually liked his whole gun views. Said he'd be opposed to any gun or magazine bans as well. He did say he was kinda anti assult weapons before. But he recently said he sees how big of a fail the assult bans were, maybe he had a change of heart since then. Anyway, like I said. Trumps an idiot, but I feel his whole gun view now is pretty exceptional. Hell he's also probably one of the few politicians who actually has a carry permit.

new topics

top topics