It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Bigfoot ....?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
a reply to: Brotherman

That's what they said about the coelacanth, that deer that was supposed to be extinct in Asia, numerous species of gigantic spiders...the lust goes on and on...it seems that the only thing scientists excel at more than making discoveries is being completely wrong, lol...
Which I why I just smirk when one of these self satisfied experts claim something doesn't or can't exist.
Case in point, Graham Hancock's assertion there was civilisation prior to what the establishment believed.
NONSENSE, HERETIC!!! they all bellowed.
..then gobekli tepi.
Oops.
Cities under water off of the coast of India that had to be there thousands of years before sumeria.
Oops.
So, yeah, I wouldn't jump on the no way train so easily.

+1
The Mountain gorillas were also a mythical creature.
There are still many undiscovered species on the planet.
City with pyramids under water south of Cuba.
There are still many undiscovered ancient cultures.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
a reply to: fishy6

My theory is that it is a Gigantopithecus species variety that also crossed the land bridge into North America. From what all the hundreds of reports I have read online and from what I have experienced are the following common traits:

- They are very tall and very muscular. Most sightings report 7 feet and above.
- They have a pointy sloping head with thick brow ridge
- Have flat, flared nose
- Have a short neck. Most say head just sits on the shoulders.
- Have a wide mouth with large teeth
- Have auburn, brown, black or white hair (not fur). Some in different combinations.
- Long arms that reach the knees
- Different stride than humans. Fluid like with great speed.
- Evidence of huge lung capacity when they growl/scream.
- Behaviours such as wood knocking or clacking stones together.Also throwing rocks/pebbles at people and property.
- Tree shaking
- Bob side to side when excited/alarmed about seeing a human.
- Footprints are very large with wide strides.
- May have nocturnal vision due to eye-shine when sighted at night.
- Pungent body odor/smell. Common descriptions are musky, garbage, wet dog/animal, sulphorous, and even a dirty diaper smell.
- Several sightings describe a strange language. Samurai/Japanese-like chatter.
- Stalking behaviour when trying to scare away intruders.
- Heavy foot falls when they are running.

They are not a creation by Altantians and they are not interdimensional. Or an experimental hybrid from thousands of years ago. Just an elusive offshoot of a primate species that is still evolving.
As humans we can speak because our anatomy changed to an upright position, thus allowing structures like our voice box to develop. The same can be said of Bigfoot/Sasquatch since several witnesses have described a crude Samurai like chatter. Les Stroud from Survivorman described and encounter in Alaska where the creature was whooping at him like an ape and shaking trees.

I would agree with the exception of the recent DNA test that points to an origin date of 15,000 years with mitochondrial DNA of 100% Human. If true then its not Gigantopithecus, but could be part Ape of some sort. If its simply a North American Ape then why does the Govt cover up events involving Bigfoot.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The Mountain gorillas were also a mythical creature.

They are a smaller cousin of the Eastern Lowland Gorilla that had been known to science for over 50yrs when they were discovered. Researchers found them exactly were the natives said they would be.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Why does the search for Bigfoot always require Special Pleading?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bangster
if bigfoot were not hyper-dimensionally mythically abstract, why would we not have any solid evidence? the profile of bigfoot evidence more closely parallels ufo accounts/experiences than it does any cave dwelling hominoid. not to say bigfoot is connected to ufos [or that bigfoot is not], but rather that mythological dimensions defy space/time and even dimensionally reality. the native American accounts are proof of mythological spiritual realities, not cavedwelling giants.

Dead Animals disappear in nature very easily but with that maybe they bury their dead.
Or they could be like many of the ancient People in the world that buried their dead in Bogs.

Other than that if they are mostly underground cave dwellers we may only see them when they come out.

I dont think they are hyperdeminsional but Indian Lore says they can disappear which means they could have some sort of telepathy.

Indians traded with them and considered them another tribe so Bigfoot is not purely and animal.
IE You cant trade with a Mountain Gorrilla. Trade implies higher intelligence than we would like to admit and the ability to reason and barter.

I think they live exactly like they want to live and see us crazy city dwellers as a serious threat and stay hidden away as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We had bigfoot sightings here in Cleveland. There wear sightings at an old cemetary on the near west side by Madison Avenue. They finally caught him, it turned out to be a Big Polish guy in a fur coat picking mushrooms in the moonlight.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
what do I think ..

as I Have personally written to Lloyd Pye

in a few occasions ..

I would have to say Hominids for sure

is what these big foots are.

in the niches of where man does not traffic to explore.

as there different types of these Big Foot

size of a average being to 8 foot.

Strength like an Great Ape.

I would Assume the Government around the World USA China/Tibet and Russia
keeps an Eye out for them.

Do i believe in them ?

I Believe its Possible for them to exist ,
just as its possible for Little People to exist

says the Wolf to the chihuahua

From the Movie Quest for Fire (1981) Apparently Hominids & Neanderthals
in 70,000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: zrexx
We had bigfoot sightings here in Cleveland. There wear sightings at an old cemetary on the near west side by Madison Avenue. They finally caught him, it turned out to be a Big Polish guy in a fur coat picking mushrooms in the moonlight.

LOL

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Except when they're on video and your brain doesn't have to do that. That explanation is complete nonsense.

The brain only tries to interpret patterns. Doesn't matter if it's on video or in real life.

The hair samples do NOT all turn out to be bears.

Most of them. The rest are "unidentifiable," or human. So maybe Bigfoot is so closely related to humans you can't tell the difference? That's not compelling evidence.

And what about the footprints that are of such high detail that they leave behind dermal ridges? There goes the "distorted by ground conditions" explanation. What about footprint tracks found through snow with a gait much larger than a human could reproduce? How did a human make those?

Again, mud that slides around creating the illusion of dermal ridges? People with big feet where the mud expands to look bigger than the actual feet? Animals like rabbits hopping or leaping through the snow so it looks like an elongated gait?

Hey, I don't know. I can't prove a negative. I can't prove it isn't a "Bigfoot." The burden of proof is on the folks who think a Bigfoot created the evidence. Of course, it would be a lot easier for them to do that if there was some better evidence -- like a leg bone or a skull or an actual live (or dead) Bigfoot. Habeus corpus. That's the challenge.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well according to Pye and others there are 4 varieties of these creatures but could be more.

If these things have been stealing women to have babies for thousands of years no telling what variety of hybrid is running around in the world.

Also just feral humans or neanderthal holdovers doesnt explain the 9' tall 4' wide 800# beings that have been seen. If it can pick up a 300# rock and hurl it 50-100' they are not human.

Still it goes back to the 15k year old start date according to Ketchum's DNA result at least for that species. IE that date real or not. I think that should be the next step - to corroborate that DNA evidence and if true then that creates an entirely new set of issues like who or how did they suddenly show up 15k years ago with a 100% human mothers side.

Also my thought is the more human variety of Giants is tied into this mystery somehow.

15k years just predates Noahs flood so maybe they are left over nephelims who were the offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" that escaped the flood. Supposedly also cannibals.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Maybe.

I maintain there are two categories of potential investigation that are worthwhile to explore but are virtually disregarded by mainstream science:
Bigfoot
UFOs

Bigfoot seems well represented compared to UFO's. Not sure how you would really study UFO's though (scientifically).

There are plenty of scientists who look into bigfoot. Left out some obvious ones like Karen Stollznow (Ph.D Linguistics) Todd Disotell (Prof. Anthropology), Darren Naish (Ph.D Paleozoology). There are scientists who take the subject seriously enough to scientifically evaluate claims.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff becomes problematic.

It doesn't help when the top proponent scientists themselves make up much of the chaff though lol.

It's strange to hear people like Meldrum continually refer to critics as "armchair sceptics". Despite them quite often being the very opposite of that. Also despite receiving all sorts of funds to study this subject, he is best known for sitting in his armchair and passing judgement on the finds of field researchers and using them as fodder to make claims, sell books etc. Wonder why bigfooters don't call bs on the more obvious nonsense claims of the more high profile proponents? Or ask why they don't try to publish their findings in real academic journals?

You know once upon a time the world was virtually covered with dinosaurs. The first remains weren't discovered until the mid 1800's.

The gorilla was a rumor until the mid 1800s.

That's not a very good argument (ie. they were found and we should be finding a lot more than fossils re bigfoot). The natives also offered real gorilla skulls to go with their claims and stories. Then, unlike bigfoot, people travelled halfway round the world to largely uncharted central Africa and shot them. The mountain gorilla was found accidentally, same thing, specimens collected. This doesn't compare favourably to a modern, technologically advanced society in a well explored nation with the most heavily armed civilian population on the planet, where no one has ever found anything (like skulls re gorillas).

I don't KNOW that Bigfoot exists, but I'm not going to be shocked when one is found intact. And when it is, it'll be some goof in a sock hat farting around in the woods stumbling across one because science isn't looking.

Perhaps. Think ones like Orang pendek far more plausible and likely (still not very likely though).

It's a bit of a myth that scientists wouldn't notice bigfoot because they aren't specifically looking for it. There are lots of scientists in the field in some of the best "claimed" bigfoot habitat, biologists, zoologists, paleontologists, mammalogists, ornithologists, herpetologists, botanists, geologists etc....a very long list of people in the field doing research studies, water quality, keeping track of wildlife, habbits, movements, population levels etc. It's very difficult to think that between all of them they have completely overlooked the impact that widespread populations of 8' apes (possibly more than one species) would have on the ecology.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I don't believe in Bigfoot

But I don't think I would want to come across one either way

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If I were to shoot and kill a Bigfoot would I be an adventurer, hero, cryptic scientists, or a cold blooded murderer?

After you decided, only then we can discuss whither or not Bigfoot is an ape or human?

Tuff choice isn't it?

I have spent more time in the deep forest than most and never seen a Bigfoot, yet one night in the gorge near Fall Creek Falls TN. I heard something that made my blood run cold. I had with me an Alasken, half wolf Malamute named Thunder, about a 150 pound of pure muscle and attitude, he wasn't afraid of anything. Yet he cried like a baby and hid his face at the sounds.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If I were to shoot and kill a Bigfoot would I be an adventurer, hero, cryptic scientists, or a cold blooded murderer?

After you decided, only then we can discuss whither or not Bigfoot is an ape or human?

Tuff choice isn't it?

I have spent more time in the deep forest than most and never seen a Bigfoot, yet one night in the gorge near Fall Creek Falls TN. I heard something that made my blood run cold. I had with me an Alasken, half wolf Malamute named Thunder, about a 150 pound of pure muscle and attitude, he wasn't afraid of anything. Yet he cried like a baby and hid his face at the sounds.

According to Indian Legend if you kill a Bigfoot you will die within 7 years so best to wait a while.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Seeing this thread is interesting for me as I have seen bigfoot in the flesh from 40ft away in broad daylight the summer before this one and just had an encounter a few weeks back in another part of Washington state. Both times my mother was with me and the first time she was hypnotized or as she says just thinking about something (looked to be spacing out or something). The second encounter was just as interesting to me since as I will mention in the thread she heard the vocalization plain as day and we were pulled over to a stop for a flagger gal. Thing is this flagger girl did not flinch, did not express any fear at all and really acted like she had heard nothing in the same instant as she is standing there with her flag and a blank look on her face. I will create my thread with locations and detailed story but just know this guys and gals the legends are indeed true.

If anyone who is serious about finding, filming bigfoot has the balls to try I will divulge what I know as I am respectful of the creatures but honestly the second encounter and the vocalization was pretty damned scary as the scream filled the woods and sounded like a very large and very pissed off male and you might understand why when I tell the story and link the location. Not to toot my own horn but I have psychic tendencies and have encountered ghosts(mother was with me and scared as hell too for this one),ufos( she was there for that one too and was awed)Demon, Tall Whites in the flesh in of all places HUD building in a small Montana town. In that same town months later my mother and I both witnessed two silver orbs (like to the crop circle drones).

As you can see I have a history of paranormal happenings and on top of that I have random uncontrollable intermittent precognitive dreams that unfortunately only tend to show me my future to a very,very high degree of accuracy.

The technology being used by many to find bigfoot is not dispersed as widely as you might think and on that note I will also place a link to a curious video that I would like some of you to guess or at least present a possibility for why the animal in the video is the way it is.
edit on 22-9-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)
(BTW no I am not #faced tonight).
edit on 22-9-2015 by stabstab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: stabstab
Seeing this thread is interesting for me as I have seen bigfoot in the flesh from 40ft away in broad daylight the summer before this one and just had an encounter a few weeks back in another part of Washington state. Both times my mother was with me and the first time she was hypnotized or as she says just thinking about something (looked to be spacing out or something). The second encounter was just as interesting to me since as I will mention in the thread she heard the vocalization plain as day and we were pulled over to a stop for a flagger gal. Thing is this flagger girl did not flinch, did not express any fear at all and really acted like she had heard nothing in the same instant as she is standing there with her flag and a blank look on her face. I will create my thread with locations and detailed story but just know this guys and gals the legends are indeed true.

Please link here when you post.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hold your horses I am making my thread right now and these are all real accounts I have no reason to lie and quite frankly you guys should know better some of you than to try and blow this cryptid off with ancient reports and modern reports flooding in all over.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum
Ok.
But have any of those assholes been in the bush?
Real bush?
Doubt. it.

edit on 22-9-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If we assume that Bigfoot is real, then IMO he is interdimensional. I think this can explain a lot of the Cryptid sightings around the world. However, there I go explaining one unknown with another unknown

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
If we assume that Bigfoot is real, then IMO he is interdimensional. I think this can explain a lot of the Cryptid sightings around the world. However, there I go explaining one unknown with another unknown

I dont think it is interdemensional but it apparently possess some sort of telepathy that can cause some people to go into sort of a trance. Like a method of telepathic Camouflage.

Dogs, even aggressive breeds like pitbulls are deathly afraid having never seen a bigfoot and dogs can sense things humans cant so somethings going on.

The rocking they do might help create some sort of mental energy output.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join