It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Again: Saudi Arabia Elected Chair of UN Human Rights Council Panel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The UN is such a joke. I am surprised that ISIS is not in the running as a "human rights" advisory NGO along with Boko Haram.

Do we have any UN supporters here? Tell us what you think

blog.unwatch.org...

GENEVA, September 20, 2015 – U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power and EU foreign minister Federica Mogherini should condemn and work to reverse the appointment of Saudi Arabia as head of a key UN Human Rights Council panel that selects top officials who shape international human rights standards and report on violations worldwide, said UN Watch, a non-governmental watchdog organization based in Geneva.

“It is scandalous that the UN chose a country that has beheaded more people this year than ISIS to be head of a key human rights panel,” said UN Watch executive director Hillel Neuer. “Petro-dollars and politics have trumped human rights.”

“Saudi Arabia has arguably the worst record in the world when it comes to religious freedom and women’s rights, and continues to imprison the innocent blogger Raif Badawi,” Neuer added.

“This UN appointment is like making a pyromaniac into the town fire chief, and underscores the credibility deficit of a human rights council that already counts Russia, Cuba, China, Qatar and Venezuela among its elected members.”

According to UNHRC documents obtained by UN Watch, Saudi Arabia was chosen to head a 5-member group of ambassadors, known as the Consultative Group, which has the power to select applicants from around the world for more than 77 positions dealing with country-specific and thematic human rights mandates.

“The UN often describes these experts as the ‘crown jewels’ of its Human Rights Council, yet the world body only undermines their legitimacy by picking a fundamentalist theocracy that oppresses women and minorities to preside over the experts’ appointment.”

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

the UN chose a country that has beheaded more people this year than ISIS to be head of a key human rights panel

That's really all we need to know about the UN.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
deary me. this is comedy gold (the deeply unfunny kind).

'human rights' and 'saudi arabia' are a million light years apart.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So, what does that tell you about the Modus Operandi of the UN?

They are not interested in equality, freedom and human rights as much as they are geared towards the destruction of the sovereign state and the consolidation and creation of a single unifying global government and single global military to fight "terrorism" and anyone else who disagrees with their core policies.

They should be kicked out of the US altogether and imo, they are also the driving force behind the drive in disarming the US citizenry - there will be no implementation of their NWO until you are.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As someone who lived til the age of 13 in Saudi (im 40 now), i can tell you the everyday Saudi person is incredibly hospitable, kind and generous. The royal family on the other hand.....

This is an absolute joke and just turns the UN into a bigger joke than they already are.

PLEASE do not use this thread to rail against all arabs. Im sick of all the hate here on ATS recently.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
And we still pay the un......ugg.
Is, was and will always be a sad joke.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Great thread S&F

Just the title of this thread shows what the UN is and what it stands for. Another clear case showing the law does not count but influence and money does!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Who knows better about human rights that the one that violate them the most?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Undeniably Nutcases.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Talk about setting the bar low.

Then again, never exert yourself too much beyond your capabilities, it's a recipe for disaster.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well that says a lot doesn't it? Human rights according to Sharia law!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
As someone who lived til the age of 13 in Saudi (im 40 now), i can tell you the everyday Saudi person is incredibly hospitable, kind and generous. The royal family on the other hand.....

This is an absolute joke and just turns the UN into a bigger joke than they already are.

PLEASE do not use this thread to rail against all arabs. Im sick of all the hate here on ATS recently.

Yes, we're merely pointing out the savage ones. UN must be a joke nonetheless. Only pointing out some NWO propaganda.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Jeezuz..this sounds like a Steven King novel, oh well $$$ trump all other actions..no secret there.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The UN is not a Democratic institution. What did you expect?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think the majority of civilized people do not know or care what the UN does or does not do. The biggest travesty is we have this organisation running and controlling international agencies, using billions of dollars, with absolutely no oversight. Who polices the UNs actions. Or better still who the hell put these people in charge. Certainly not me.
Do I, or can I have any input into their decisions? Can I get a country threw out of the UN?
At least I have a vote for my own countries politicians every few years, but the UN!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Isn't this the same country regarding the man "to be crucified after he was arrested as a teenager for protest and firearms offenses"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The UN is VILE and EVIL. We have absolutely no say on how they run their operations and make decisions. It is a bottomless pit, hungry only for money. It's only purpose is to pressure more and more countries to join their false humanitarian goal organization in order to gain even more billions each year.

I have always wondered how the billions are dispersed and who exactly IS in charge? They're a bigger joke than the Nobel Peace Prize group. Why they are allowed all the power they have is beyond me. But if it's money that talks, they've got it. And it appears the ME is in charge.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just found this, Faisal Trad, Saudi ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva:

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia has rejected a report from the United Nations secretary-general urging countries to scrap the death penalty, stating that this was punishment approved under Islamic law to protect the rights of victims.
The UN report was issued recently at a Human Rights Council meeting in Geneva.

Faisal Trad, Saudi ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, said the Kingdom had every right to define its own laws.
“Saudi Arabia is an Islamic state, fully sovereign, and is proud that Islamic law is the basis of the country’s constitution. Islam ensures justice and protects the rights of all without discrimination, in addition to the right of life for all. The death penalty is a legal measure to protect the right to life and interests of the community,” he said.

www.arabnews.com...

I would ask "what were they (UN) thinking when appointing Faisal Trad", but it's obvious this was a very planned appointment.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

"Islam ensures justice and protects the rights of all without discrimination"

Pfffffft, justice? Justice is nothing but an illusion, no matter if it is under Sharia or not.

No discrimination eh? Except if you're in or besties with the Royal Saudi familia. Then everyone turns a blind eye!

I'm sure the kids really deserve crucifixion anyways. How dare they protest a corrupt, evil government and own guns!

Wally whackbar!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Disband the UN.
Serves ZERO purpose

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
How did this even happen ? If I found out my existence was merely part of some bad comedy I would not be surprised lol!! What's next Chapo Guzman will get appointed the UN drug chief and granted immunity!
In all seriousness it's a scary though to think a country like Saudi would have anything good to do for human rights.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join