It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Defectors Reveal Disillusionment - 9/20/2015 NYTimes...Say What????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just had to laugh at this article. Seriously? We should care if they are disillusioned at the outcome of their joining ISIS? This is the epitome of idiocy and ignorance. Sorry if it wasn't what you thought it would be.....

So urce

Anywho, some of my favorite quotes in this story:

LONDON — A small but growing number of defectors from the Islamic State are risking reprisals and imprisonment to speak out about their disillusionment with the extremist group, according to a research organization that tracks former and current militants.

The Islamic State considers defectors as apostates, and most of the hundreds thought to have left the group have gone into hiding.

But 58 defectors, nine of them from Western Europe and Australia, have gone public with their testimonies since last year, according to a report to be published Monday by the International Center for the Study for Radicalization at King’s College London.

So 58 defectors have gone public...and what was done with them? Anything? They joined a radical, militant group and had a hand in terrorism.

According to the report, some of the defectors said they disapproved of the Islamic State’s hostility to other Sunni rebel groups that opposed President Bashar al-Assad in Syria, and its indiscriminate killings of civilians and hostages. Others grew weary of what they saw as favoritism and mistreatment by commanders, or were disappointed that the life of a militant was far less exciting, or lucrative, than they had imagined. Two left after they found out that they had been selected as suicide bombers.

HA!!!! So indiscriminate killings are bad, but killing in general is OK....got it...obviously strong moral compass on these recruits. And they grew weary of favoritism and were disappointed that the life was less exciting and lucrative than they imagined.....welcome to the real world you dumb F$#K's. And the two that left after being selected for suicide bombings....too bad, the world would have been better off had you died(hopefully not taking out others).

Now this is one of the craziest statements I have read:

The researchers urged governments to give defectors more incentives to speak out so that their narratives could be used to dissuade potential recruits. The 58 defectors, seven of them women, spoke on separate occasions to various news organizations, including The New York Times, and the report compiles their testimony while providing context and analysis.

“The defectors provide unique insight into life in the Islamic State,” the report says. “But their stories can also be used as a potentially powerful tool in the fight against it. The defectors’ very existence shatters the image of unity and determination that I.S. seeks to convey.”

So researchers are urging governments to give incentives to these pieces of garbage? Yes, by all means lets wipe their past clean because they are now deciding it wasn't for them.....WTF?

Then you have this little gem of a guy:

In another case, a Western fighter named Ibrahim said he had initially joined the group because he wanted to give humanitarian assistance to Syrians and to have a chance to live in a caliphate under strict Islamic law. But he eventually left, he told CBS. “A lot of people when they come, they have a lot of enthusiasm about what they’ve seen online or what they’ve seen on YouTube,” he said. “It’s not all military parades, or it’s not all victories.”

The fighter said he saw a couple being stoned to death for adultery, and considered that just, but he did not approve of aid workers, journalists and other noncombatants being beheaded.

“My main reason for leaving was that I felt that I wasn’t doing what I had initially come for and that’s to help in a humanitarian sense the people of Syria,” he said. “It had become something else — so, therefore, no longer justified me being away from my family.”

So HE joined ISIS for humanitarian assistance? And he said a lot go there because of enthusiasm about what they have seen online? Does that not include beheadings and mass killings? But yeah, stoning a couple to death for adultery is cool, just not the other stuff.....can't wait to sign up right?

This has to be the most left wing piece of garbage reporting I think I have read all year. Let's give the poor ISIS recruits a break people.....it's been hard and they deserve some asylum and a vacation. /sarcasm
edit on 9/21/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Poor folks. It sounds like they need counseling. Maybe we should set them up with housing, food, a good job, medical, and social security. That's what we did for those creatures masquerading as humans after WW2, right? We imported them.

edit on 9/21/2015 by Klassified because: spelling and grammar. Imagine that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

They should sue for misrepresentation, maybe the Islamic State will settle out of court.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

They should sue for misrepresentation, maybe the Islamic State will settle out of court.

Seriously....I can see some saying they should be coddled and told it's ok and you will be just fine....I mean the quotes from them above are statements I make all the time....it's cool to stone people (that's why I signed up), but when you just kill someone because ISIS or have to be a martyr I am OUT!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

They are all clearly humanitarians.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Irrespective of their sex, sentence them all to death and parade them on the propaganda tube accordingly.

This will serve as a warning to ISIS members that their continued membership in the cult is their only choice - no prisoners.

Unless of course, the US and allied nations are only "sort of" at war with ISIS...maybe it's the bleeding heart political correct brigade in charge of backwardassville insisting they be given a chance and give them money and resources.

And of course we can you imagine the message that would send to ISIS.......for future exploitation?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Poor folks. It sounds like they need counseling. Maybe we should set them up with housing, food, a good job, medical, and social security. That's what we did for those creatures masquerading as humans after WW2, right? We imported them.

Yep, only in this instance I don't think there is any benefit to any country to import the trash. They have no real use, nobody is making anything groundbreaking in their case....just retards coaxing other retards to be retarded together.

Who's with me for a ATS wide game of Red Rover? Red Rover, Red Rover, Send ISIS right over.....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

They are all clearly humanitarians.

Yeah....that quote really just struck me as completely out of touch with what humanitarian really means....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Are those chosen for martyrdom being promoted or demoted?

The mindset of people who can cast aside morals and humanity...there are no words.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I agree with the no prisoners part. If they want to come back they should understand their only option is the death penalty.

I also agree the US and allies are only sort of at war.....threat is still not taken very serious in my opinion. They were given a chance prior to joining ISIS....consequences are what are needed.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Are those chosen for martyrdom being promoted or demoted?

The mindset of people who can cast aside morals and humanity...there are no words.

I would imagine they are spinning it as being promoted. I wonder how many sit there wondering how it is a promotion when the guy telling them they are being chosen is not doing it himself?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Did these fools think they were heading on holiday?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Apparently that is exactly what they thought....and that it would pay well and be exciting!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Klassified

Yep, only in this instance I don't think there is any benefit to any country to import the trash. They have no real use, nobody is making anything groundbreaking in their case....just retards coaxing other retards to be retarded together.

Who's with me for a ATS wide game of Red Rover? Red Rover, Red Rover, Send ISIS right over.....

You nailed it. Exactly my point. This article seems to be attributing some kind of indirect value to them, when in actuality there is none. We understand their psychosis just fine.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Apparently that is exactly what they thought....and that it would pay well and be exciting!

Join ISIS, travel the world, meet interesting people.....then kill them.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Join ISIS, travel the world, meet interesting people.....then kill them.

That is my goal every time I go on vacation...except for the joining ISIS part and the killing everyone part....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Disembowel the all to the sound of Rachmaninov

With this Violin...
edit on 21-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Are they surprised that ISIS won't provide the same comforts they came to expect growing up and living in the Western World?

Surely that's what they want? To bring down the west and take us back to the Middle Ages?

How can they expect their country of birth to accept them back with open arms, if they are willing to turn their back on it?

No, they've made their bed, now they have to die in it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Are they surprised that ISIS won't provide the same comforts they came to expect growing up and living in the Western World?

Surely that's what they want? To bring down the west and take us back to the Middle Ages?

How can they expect their country of birth to accept them back with open arms, if they are willing to turn their back on it?

No, they've made their bed, now they have to die in it.

Seriously...did they think they would be hitting up 5 star hotels in the deserts along the way or something? Eating steak and lobster and singing around the campfire when on short hikes?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ahhh, I feel so bad for our blood lusting Islamic physcopath friends ...poor guys. The roads were supposed to be paved with chocolates and the bushes made of candies. Rot in Hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join