It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802
a reply to: gentledissident

In what countries of the Middle East is this common practice? Are there any maps and studies showing where this most proliferates? Is this a "cultural" problem due to the Islamic faith, or does it have to do with individual nation state culture, custom and practice?

Is the problem their faith or is their culture? Are these "cultures" living under thecratic Sharia law? What would be the Imam's opinion about all of this? How does the Imam believe Allah responds to the prevalence of such practices?

I'm not sure what it was about my post that prompted you to ask me all these questions. Nevertheless...

I don't know where things are localized, but I hear of different crimes against humanity in the middle east on National Public Radio. Perhaps I'm being deceived by the broadcasts, but that is where I get most of my intel. To know the current situation in a time of your country's need, you would have to be briefed by someone in the CIA.

I'm not going to say if their cults, the Christian cults, or the Jewish cults are making any one group more despicable than the other. That would just be met with, "You think we're bad, well look at what those people do."

Religion is largely up for interpretation anyway. Therefore, I would call it culture. I'm of the mindset that suffering is bad. So, I will say that highly ineffective cultures exist in the middle east. I bet those screaming children would consider suffering bad as well. However, they will someday become as numb as their rapists.
edit on 21-9-2015 by gentledissident because: making it read better

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antidisestablishment
This reminds me of an excellent movie called "The Kite Runner", which I'm sure you can find online. It's worth a watch. In it, a young boy is kidnapped and sexually abused by a Taliban member. It's pretty harrowing. I don't understand the link between Islam and paedophilia.

Basically Islams prophet, Muhammad, was a pedophile himself. As stated by a simple Google search quoting www.muslim.org

Age of Aisha

“It is reported from Aisha that she said: The Prophet entered into marriage with me when I was a girl of six … and at the time [of joining his household] I was a girl of nine years of age.”

“Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed [alone] for two years or so. He married Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consummated that marriage when she was nine years old.”

He took a wife of six (6) years old. When she was nine (9) she entered into his house, meaning he consummated the marriage when she was NINE YEARS OLD.

If this doesn't explain the free pass SOME Islamist's feel they have in regards to pedophilia, I don't know what will.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Your conscience isn't an excuse to ignore a lawful order. "Sit there and don't interfere" could easily be argued as being lawful, because the order is given in regard to "maintaining good order and discipline." "Sit there and don't interfere" doesn't impinge on your constitutional rights in any way.

Nobody at DoD has decreed orders to not interfere to be illegal, so it would seem that they don't think it's a violation of the UCMJ or Geneva Conventions. Is it? I'm not going to argue the case either way. But I see it for what it is.

All the lofty talk is well and good but since you're not there, it's rather moot. Talk is cheap.

im with you on this one.
easy to say they would face the punishment but they of course are not there.

i bet they'd all bust their CO right in the mouf too.

eh

didnt know it was the US armed forces job to police the entire region for crimes(that are apparently not even crimes).

yeah it sucks and yeah it is terrible.
fact is our people are not there to stop rape from happening

too bad all these tough guys are not over there actually doing anything

i know if i was there i would be piss scared and my cries would probably be louder than dem boys

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Your conscience isn't an excuse to ignore a lawful order. "Sit there and don't interfere" could easily be argued as being lawful, because the order is given in regard to "maintaining good order and discipline." "Sit there and don't interfere" doesn't impinge on your constitutional rights in any way.

Nobody at DoD has decreed orders to not interfere to be illegal, so it would seem that they don't think it's a violation of the UCMJ or Geneva Conventions. Is it? I'm not going to argue the case either way. But I see it for what it is.

All the lofty talk is well and good but since you're not there, it's rather moot. Talk is cheap.

im with you on this one.
easy to say they would face the punishment but they of course are not there.

i bet they'd all bust their CO right in the mouf too.

eh

didnt know it was the US armed forces job to police the entire region for crimes(that are apparently not even crimes).

yeah it sucks and yeah it is terrible.
fact is our people are not there to stop rape from happening

too bad all these tough guys are not over there actually doing anything

i know if i was there i would be piss scared and my cries would probably be louder than dem boys

this was happening on US military bases... not in some remote cave...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

is the base in the middle east region?

how are civilians even on a US military base with little boys in the first place

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: Shamrock6

Diddling other boys, growing or muling poppy to get money and get status so they can diddle other boys, doing something else to get status so they can diddle other boys, or using their government position to diddle other boys.

I certainly hope not.

Then you're ignoring the reality that is Afghanistan.
f you grew up in a country where this was the norm and you were told all your life that it was normal and you knew no different than it, I doubt it.

Unsure what you meant by that.

You know it's wrong to diddle boys and children, correct? How do you know that? Were you born thinking it? I doubt it. Which means you learned it as a value somewhere along the way.

Now remove whatever mechanism taught you it's wrong and replace it with a mechanism that tells you it's okay, and not only is it okay but it's EXPECTED. And there is zero outside influence to tell you it's wrong until some Americans show up 40 years into your life span. I doubt very seriously you would think it was any more wrong than any other Afghan does, because you wouldn't know any different.

Again, western thinking, eastern concept.

ETA - as for "hoping not:" since it's utterly common in the culture, I'm not sure why you'd even waste time "hoping" that they aren't doing it.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If it happened to you as a child, or you witnessed friends or family going through it; your basic human instinct would tell you it was wrong. You may learn that you can get away with it, but you shouldn't learn that from America.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is the sort of thing one could need help with later on. Even if it bothered a soldier enough to quit or walk away they can not. I am positive no one signed up to go to the desert and listen to kids being raped. Yet just another stress to add to the list of why we should do more for our vets.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

is the base in the middle east region?

how are civilians even on a US military base with little boys in the first place

In Afghanistan... and they weren't civilians... they were local militia types we "controlled"/worked with, they were allowed, for years, to bring kids under the age of 10 onto US military bases and rape them.. and if anyone complained, US soldiers, they were punished... under Bush and Obama... and EVERYONE has known about it for years... it's been in the US MSM for over 5 years at least...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow! Some of you didn't know this??? I thought this was common knowledge. Yes...they rape and abuse children, in particular...boys. They also wipe with their bare hand, the left hand I believe. They stone women who have been raped because it is their fault. They behead or otherwise severely injure the citizens for the smallest infringements but mostly, and especially "religious" reasons.

I just can't believe people didn't know this. Maybe when you see a lot of people being wary of a group like this, you should ask why instead of (like some) standing up for their way of life.

And yes...OUR GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS!!! Yup, we are in their country...rape, murder, whatever...the current government (at least) doesn't give a crap. Hell...Obama himself probably provided some young boys as a gift to the Afghan leaders. This is how far off the path America has gotten. I hope it makes you sick that OUR MILITARY IS ORDERED BY OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF TO ALLOW THIS!
edit on 9/21/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
This is the sort of thing one could need help with later on. Even if it bothered a soldier enough to quit or walk away they can not. I am positive no one signed up to go to the desert and listen to kids being raped. Yet just another stress to add to the list of why we should do more for our vets.

I'd sit in jail, or talk to the media then sit in jail, before I sat by and listened to kids being raped and did nothing...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To people that say it's a cultural difference, the implication is that the only reason you don't want to be raped is because of your culture... do you think that's true? There's plenty of footage of young kids saying that they don't want to be raped, but if they refuse they'll be beaten... or worse... the adults know it's wrong, because many of them were raped and didn't like it either... culturally it may be "accepted," like violence, but anyone with a brain knows it's wrong to rape someone, because they themselves don't want to be raped.

And, don't forget, US culture produced all these soldiers that just sat around and watched kids being raped and did nothing... don't be true proud of Western culture...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Sorry...but that is a load of crap! Their commander ordered the soldiers after being ordered by OUR GOVERNMENT! It is the pledge and law that our military follow these orders or risk as much as death. Don't blame the symptom...blame the problem. Our government...Obama at the current moment knows about this, and the military leaders were instructed to allow it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

it would benefit nobody to sit in jail

I would keep my mouth shut and rely on chance

I would also be willing to bet that many done just that or at the least were busy when the scum needed protection

just another casualty of war

conscious clear

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Sorry...but that is a load of crap! Their commander ordered the soldiers after being ordered by OUR GOVERNMENT! It is the pledge and law that our military follow these orders or risk as much as death. Don't blame the symptom...blame the problem. Our government...Obama at the current moment knows about this, and the military leaders were instructed to allow it.

sorry, but no.

You'd have to shoot me in the head if you wanted me to go along with covering up the rape of children on a US military base...

As the US said repeatedly after WW2, following orders in NOT a defence against a crime, and abetting the kidnapping and rape of children is most definitely a crime.

Besides lots of people disobey orders and get punished.. this would be one I didn't follow, and I'd probably end up in jail for it... happily.

And BTW: Bush knew about it, and whomever is elected next will also know about it and probably do nothing about it either...

Hell, Americans think Iran is the bad guy in the Iran v US conflict, so I have little hope that anyone involved is going to get a clue and act morally.
edit on 21-9-2015 by CTRTCTRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

it would benefit nobody to sit in jail

I would keep my mouth shut and rely on chance

I would also be willing to bet that many done just that or at the least were busy when the scum needed protection

just another casualty of war

conscious clear

If you can sit around and listen to children being raped with a clear conscious, and do nothing, than you are very different to me.

link   
if anyone in our country today were exposed for child rape of either gender they would be arrested and thrown in jail, even tho what they do in the middle east is 'socially acceptable' behavior by adult males doesnt mean we must bomb them and destroy their villages and sinful behavior

link   

You should probably enlist and go do something about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck

You should probably enlist and go do something about it.

Why the hell would I sign up to be part of the pedophile squad? I might as well become a priest...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I could not but at the same time my actions would not be known to others and I can only hope that is the way much of this goes

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join