It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I've found the replies interesting. It's as if "we weren't there" it would make a difference. Regardless, you can't unring a bell. This is now a known behavior, and it is an accepted behavior of the command structure and leadership.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
this is where religions clash, people get killed because of their behavior/belief system, others get psychological damage to deal with until they die, its awful this has happened, but sadly needed our attention

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I had no idea our soldiers have now been instructed to disregard it. I find that shocking and unconscionable. But if it should place them deeper in harm's way, then I guess I get it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I had no idea our soldiers have now been instructed to disregard it. I find that shocking and unconscionable. But if it should place them deeper in harm's way, then I guess I get it.

They are in a war zone. It is up to leadership to not place them in harms way. Not to ignore disgusting acts.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You're asking western questions about an eastern concept. It doesn't work.

Yea, it sucks. And it's horrific. The only way to stop it would be to entirely supplant a couple thousand years of culture. Good luck with that.

As for "standing up" and doing something: okay, go for it. And what did you do? Stop it? No, no you did not. You didn't even manage to stop it for that one person, because as soon as you got carted off it continued to happen. So you're in trouble, your unit is down in manpower, the perpetrator is completely free, and the victim is still a victim.

Super plan.

As Angie said, flame away. Doesn't change the reality of things.

I was not raised to think this way. I stand for what I believe in. I could NOT look into the mirror knowing I sat on my ass and did nothing. WE are better than that, aren't we?

By doing nothing isn't this a violation of UCMJ and the Geneva Convention (international humanitarian law); by observing a form of torture?

I guess I am too old school.....I will refuse any order when it comes to accepting or following an illegal order and to me..... someone telling me to shut up and ignore the sounds of little boys being raped.... to me .....this is sick.....this is evil in my eyes.

I will not walk with the devil.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've found the replies interesting. It's as if "we weren't there" it would make a difference. Regardless, you can't unring a bell. This is now a known behavior, and it is an accepted behavior of the command structure and leadership.

And this behavior by our leaders is criminal and everyone who gave orders to follow suit should be prosecuted by the full extent of the law!

This shows proof that our military leaders are sadistic and evil including those politicians that support this type of behavior.

If your supervisor jumped out of an airplane without a parachute, would you do it to?

Where are all the real men at? No matter if it is peace or war...... we ALL have a conscious (I hope) We know right from wrong......right? Isn't there a military law that says we do not have to obey an illegal order?

LISTENING TO SMALL CHILDREN BEING RAPED AND TOLD TO IGNORE IT.......ISN'T THIS AN ILLEGAL ORDER?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Yes. And no. Obviously. Apparently it is legal to rape young boys there. Morally, it is disgusting. But morality has nothing to do with leadership.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Glad I am not in the military. I would have been discharged if told to ignore little boys being abused. At some point, we have to accept that some cultures are NOT equivalent to civilized societies.

This is one of the reasons Europe has signed it's own death warrant by opening their borders to the migrants. Some cultures are simply not compatible with free civilized societies.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

They are in a war zone. It is up to leadership to not place them in harms way. Not to ignore disgusting acts.

I don't understand what you mean by harm's way? They are on base sitting in their tents and a few tents down there are some people raping small boys. What harm will get in their way?

They walk out of their tents and arrest these perverts. I don't see how ignoring this type of behavior saves lives?

Actually ignoring this type of perverted treatment destroys the minds and bodies of these small children.

I ask everyone here at ATS to write their Congressman or House of Represenatives and request a Congressional investigation into this type ignorance being displayed on the battlefield. If enough of us do this..... possibly we might get the ball rolling in stopping this type of behavior within the military.
edit on 21-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

And this behavior by our leaders is criminal and everyone who gave orders to follow suit should be prosecuted by the full extent of the law!

This shows proof that our military leaders are sadistic and evil including those politicians that support this type of behavior.

If your supervisor jumped out of an airplane without a parachute, would you do it to?

Where are all the real men at? No matter if it is peace or war...... we ALL have a conscious (I hope) We know right from wrong......right? Isn't there a military law that says we do not have to obey an illegal order?

LISTENING TO SMALL CHILDREN BEING RAPED AND TOLD TO IGNORE IT.......ISN'T THIS AN ILLEGAL ORDER?

Agreed!

I just hope people are intelligent enough to call BS the next time an elected official stands up and says, "Think of the children! It's for the children!".......

Calling this kind of behavior "cultural" is enough to make one want to leave this planet ASAP....

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I was responding to another members assertion that soldiers might be placed in harms way. And arrest? If arrest, you mean putting a bullet between their eyes, then yes. Arrest.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: joshint

My blood and money went there. My representative voted to send them there. So far, we have lost two nephews who were Afghan veterans from suicide.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here's what people get in Michigan for raping children.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To all military veterans - I do NOT judge you, many have not been a witness to this type of criminality, many have only heard of these horrific tales but have not seen.

I know in my heart that many in the military would have stood up and stopped this practice ASAP and I say God bless you for this........ but to those who witnessed these events and did nothing.... I hope Karma is a real thing. I will leave it there.

I had to erase a few paragraphs before posting this because the Mods would have removed this post.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just despicable... The ME is really like a living hell in so many respects... Unfortunately, I see myself falling in the camp of "out of sight, out of mind", which I admit is horrible, but as a person from Chicago, I'm not sure what change/help, if any, I could ever bring... Just sad... And I would pray that the US military (not the creeps pulling the strings, but the soldiers on the ground) would do something..

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You're asking western questions about an eastern concept. It doesn't work.

Yea, it sucks. And it's horrific. The only way to stop it would be to entirely supplant a couple thousand years of culture. Good luck with that.

As for "standing up" and doing something: okay, go for it. And what did you do? Stop it? No, no you did not. You didn't even manage to stop it for that one person, because as soon as you got carted off it continued to happen. So you're in trouble, your unit is down in manpower, the perpetrator is completely free, and the victim is still a victim.

Super plan.

As Angie said, flame away. Doesn't change the reality of things.

I was not raised to think this way. I stand for what I believe in. I could NOT look into the mirror knowing I sat on my ass and did nothing. WE are better than that, aren't we?

By doing nothing isn't this a violation of UCMJ and the Geneva Convention (international humanitarian law); by observing a form of torture?

I guess I am too old school.....I will refuse any order when it comes to accepting or following an illegal order and to me..... someone telling me to shut up and ignore the sounds of little boys being raped.... to me .....this is sick.....this is evil in my eyes.

I will not walk with the devil.

Your conscience isn't an excuse to ignore a lawful order. "Sit there and don't interfere" could easily be argued as being lawful, because the order is given in regard to "maintaining good order and discipline." "Sit there and don't interfere" doesn't impinge on your constitutional rights in any way.

Nobody at DoD has decreed orders to not interfere to be illegal, so it would seem that they don't think it's a violation of the UCMJ or Geneva Conventions. Is it? I'm not going to argue the case either way. But I see it for what it is.

All the lofty talk is well and good but since you're not there, it's rather moot. Talk is cheap.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Its odd piece of news. So, these Afgans have taste for boys? I thought that was pretty much "dont go there" -zone for these muslim fundamentalists, as it in ISIS dominated lands offers a first-hand experience of being stoned or dropped from a building.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

original.antiwar.com...

If winning the war against the "evildoers" means ignoring evil among our allies, then we have truly lost our soul.

In war there seems to be no winning, only degrees of loss.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

In war there seems to be no winning, only degrees of loss.

And Realtruth, friend, that's the real truth.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I appreciate your position, but I wouldn't discount moral outrage at what happens there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join