It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't really know what to say to that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing is required to be said.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Nothing is required to be said.

Those that have never served, do not understand, that military service comes with it's own set of rules.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This practice of looking the other way seems to have been in place for a while, who knows how many decades.

I also am of the opinion that it is not okay to look the other way because it is "cultural." It sounds like this boy game is about powerful men taking advantage of young boys who can't defend themselves.
edit on 21pmMon, 21 Sep 2015 20:08:42 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't understand the link between Islam and paedophilia.

Their repressive, conservative, religious culture says women are bad, so they turn to the next available thing.

It's not much different than conservatives in our country thinking it's OK to bomb civilians just because they have a different flag, or religion or economic system.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: neo96

This practice of looking the other way seems to have been in place for a while, who knows how many decades.

I also am of the opinion that it is not okay to look the other way because it is "cultural." It sounds like this boy game is about powerful men taking advantage of young boys who can't defend themselves.

Dark, I would suggest that many of the perpatraiters were once victims, apparently in this culture these are socially acceptable crimes. I am not condoning the actions, but as a member of the US military you are limited by those above you. Some here seem to want to paint our military with a bad brush, but don't seem to realize, they are painting 20 YO infantry guys with a brush, that they don't deserve to be painted with.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I Get that morality can be relative, and the political reasons for telling service-folk to stand down and leave it alone.

But seriously is there something i'm not getting?

Maybe i have lived my life with blinders on, but in the last 5 or so years the reality and prevalence of pedophilia has shown it's ugly face to me, and i just don't get it.

This sort of stuff seems to me to be beyond (most) human limits. Not only to commit, but to stand down and allow this sort o' crap is insane.

Culture shmulture (?), the blatant robbing of innocence cannot stand if this human race has a chance.

Sad times.

But more sadly, i think this has gone on since day 1 with humans.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I Get that morality can be relative, and the political reasons for telling service-folk to stand down and leave it alone.

But seriously is there something i'm not getting?

Maybe i have lived my life with blinders on, but in the last 5 or so years the reality and prevalence of pedophilia has shown it's ugly face to me, and i just don't get it.

This sort of stuff seems to me to be beyond (most) human limits. Not only to commit, but to stand down and allow this sort o' crap is insane.

Culture shmulture (?), the blatant robbing of innocence cannot stand if this human race has a chance.

Sad times.

But more sadly, i think this has gone on since day 1 with humans.

I don't think you have lived with blinders, but we have had some pretty high awareness cases lately. You are right, this has gone on since the beginning of time, but at one point, people were married at 14 and not jailed. I am not sure what the answer is, haven't thought it through enough yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Allah/God hates sinful hypocrites

Islam's Views on homosexuality
Islamic Shari'ah law is extracted from both the Qur'an and Muhammad's Sunnah (found in the Hadith and Sira). Islamic jurisprudence are expansion of the laws contained within them by Islamic jurists. Therefore, they are seen as the laws of Allah. You need only look to the rulings under Shari'ah to see the accepted mainstream interpretation of Islam and its commandments to its followers. Homosexuality under this law, is not only a sin, but a punishable crime against God.

In the case of homosexuality, how it is dealt with differs between the four mainline schools of Sunni jurisprudence today, but what they all agree upon is that homosexuality is worthy of a severe penalty.

In the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is first punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, the death penalty is to be applied.

As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment as adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times. Hence, the Shafi`i compares the punishment applied in the case of homosexuality with that of adultery and fornication.

The Hanafi differentiates between the two acts because in homosexuality, anal sex [something that is prohibited, regardless of orientation] may also be involved, while in adultery [and fornication], the penis/vagina (which are reproductive parts) are involved.

Some scholars, based on the Qur'an and various ahadith, hold the opinion that the homosexual should be thrown from a high building or stoned to death as a punishment for their crime, but other scholars maintain that they should be imprisoned until death.

Another view is that between two males, the active partner is to be lashed a hundred times if he is unmarried, and killed if he is married; whereas the passive partner is to be killed regardless of his marital status

Guess these boy abusers aren't getting there 21 virgins in heaven. Such evil hypocrisy

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It sickens me to think we know and it is still happening. Sleep well america.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They told us anything we say could hurt the interest of the united states, we could be court martialed

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
At least we can talk about it here. I've observed the story elsewhere on the net since I shared it - - in the other thread on the topic, good that it was made into a thread as wasn't sure if it was initially applicable due to the other thread and related is being heavily censored in more mainstream areas.

People want to talk of hypocrisy here and there with others issues, well, this is the height of it. Let's go into other countries under the guise of placing Democracy, but allow a cultural travesty only because it's cultural and we cannot do anything about it because of a said "policy"(reply below), yet that very thing is hurting children.

Need to change this systematic abuse that stays with that child forever and obviously is what is passed down as a norm in some places.

Not to say the US or any other place or cultural doesn't have indication of sexual abuse(maybe less throughout), but you also want to combat the suicide of returning soldiers then don't subject them to this cultural difference. Do something about it.

“Generally, allegations of child sexual abuse by Afghan military or police personnel would be a matter of domestic Afghan criminal law.” He added that “there would be no express requirement that U.S. military personnel in Afghanistan report it.” An exception, he said, is when rape is being used as a weapon of war.
-NYTimes
Col. Brian Tribus,- who is the spokesman for the American command in Afghanistan.

How is not a weapon of war, should it not be counted as domestic warfare? Also, is it not a weapon of war when it is causing mental issues with the soldiers, during the war time, who cannot do anything about hearing screams, etc., of these children.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Don't kid yourself people kill themselves from having to do NOTHING while that happened.
It's why some vets seem not to HAVE feelings ,they were scortched away like this.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
the abuse is well known among US commanders and rampant among the afghan the police/military level crew...and it is, and has been LONG ESTABLISHED USA POLICY to disregard. lets talk opium.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Under Taliban Rule the practice was outlawed, and the rapists were punished by death!

But I guess you wanted to bring "democracy" to Afghanistan, so how do you like your new allies now?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Wtf is it with these religious world views that accuse sex with women as the root of all evil, but sex with children is perfectly fine??? I hate this freaking world

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I watched a Vice Episode on YouTube about this months ago. It's very tragic. Us Military Personnel including a buddy of mine in Afghanistan has been enduring this for years. Us Military Personnel including those in command finds themselves with there hands tied. When they do act, nothing happens to the people who are dealt with by the Afgan Government. It's just terrible.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it's limited to just children, probably anyone who cannot fight back or is overwhelmed by numbers.

Reminds me of Abu Ghraib. Stealing, killing and raping is what the participants of war take part in.

Gladly I never served.

edit on 9/22/15 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency

I never stole, killed or raped, and I served all over Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ironically, The Taliban did put a stop to this, it carrying the death penalty under sharia law. Makes me think that you could put a stop to it through civil law as well if you had heavy penalties and strict enforcement.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join