It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Most disliked (hated) term (???)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:43 PM
a reply to: ladyinwaiting
GOTDAMN I hate that too.

"Pey n Manning"

Face to the boot!!!!

(post by RoadCourse removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
How could anybody hate "y'all"? Y'all is adorable!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:32 PM
I don't hear it much anymore but what really drives me bonkers is when someone says "fo shizzle". I cringe, I just loathe it.

I am not a fan of the slow drawn out, O.....M.....G either.

Also, "lol", I will walk away from any grown adult if they say it out loud in conversation with me.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There are a LOT of good ones here, just on page 1. I don't agree with all, some seem to be gripes against having a robust vocabulary and using it, preferring an awkward string of words where one "durned highfalutin' college word" would suffice.

^^ that's mine: "highfalutin" - a legitimate, yet annoying sounding word, typically used pompusly to express disdain for someone speaking pompously.

My other is the strange usage of "anymore" in place of "nowadays", "these days", etc.

Example: Everyone wears green hats anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:36 AM
Trending....and.....breaking news. If we've never heard it's all breaking news.

(post by openyourmind1262 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
Mine is "just one", in the context of "if we could save/help just one child/puppy..."

yeah right.. It seems that no matter what the cause, no matter what the effect, it would be ok if 'just one' is saved or helped. It doesn't matter if whatever thing is being done causes hardship for many others, it is now all ok, because of the just one is now saved.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
Sorry I totally skipped the last three pages

For me it's this new set of idiotic acronyms or terms

BAE, fam, etc

But bae is the one that drills into my skull everytime

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:47 PM
Ever since my cousin/best friend gave birth to a full-term baby boy 18 yrs ago, who was born missing a part of his brain due to Toxoplasmosis, and only lived for 1-hour, I cannot stand hearing the term 'no-brainer.' It is actually disturbing to me and reminds me of that traumatic day and being there with my cuz in her time of need. That term brings me right back to that day. Depending upon which study you review and believe, about 1 in every 1,000 - 3,000 babies are born with this disease. So it's not real common, but it's also not rare. Either way, I cannot stand the term 'no-brainer'. You asked, I told.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
Another one I did just spot....

"roid rage"

Please don't use it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:58 PM
I have just one. Literally.

Is it just me, or is EVERYONE using this word EVERYWHERE?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:07 PM
Any spelling variations on "god" or "sh#t". Such as "gawd" or "She-it".

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:18 PM
# hashtag swagger

my bestie

sorry but my hubby

edit on 22-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

(post by Agent321 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
If one is having a discussion and you say blah blah blah and they say well " Nobody is stopping you" it sets me off big time. Easy out in a serious debate. Just typing this bumped up my blood pressure.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:51 PM
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

WAR on women.

Gun violence.

'Assault' Weapon.

To name a few.
edit on 22-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:08 PM
I thought of a phrase that I can't stand. "Needless to say". If it's needless to say, why do you keep on talking and say it??

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
Let me see if I can narrow down my list..
Use of a word in a way that lends it a new definition, I.e. "ratchet" used to describe a person, as opposed to an inanimate object or mechanism..

The general shortening of words or phrases that began in the late 90's , such as "sunny d"'s only one more syllable to finish the word; not terribly complicated. Frankly this trend reeks of Orwellian one poster here used to say a few years ago: "Speak the language. Don't let the language speak you."

As to "mouth breather", I find it to be a perfectly applicable insult when used correctly; which is not what has been listed so far. Another, older way of saying mouth breather is "slack-jawed"; and the general lack of cognitive ability perceived in someone who does me there really are people who walk around all day with their mouth open as if they were mid snore.
edit on 23-9-2015 by blood0fheroes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:09 AM
"it's all good"

no it isn't all good! If you are the type of person that thinks "it's all good" you are a moron.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>