It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind the scenes with Bernie Sanders:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Top contributors for Bernie Sanders self professed 'savior' of the republic!

17 Unions, and counting!

These are top donors for his Congressional campaigns for his entire career FYI (from your link):

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in 1989-2016. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

This is what most of his supporters would probably expect. Actually, this is exactly what most of his right-wing detractors would also expect. In fact, I'm sure neither Bernie Sanders nor his supporters would have any difficulty saying this at all.

So what gives? I thought you said he was full of crap and a liar?

Hmmm that still won't convince Sander supporters so lets expose another dirty little secret.

Google,Microsoft,Merrill Lynch,Boeing,Amazon, UPS, and Apple.

From the OpenSecrets.org link:

This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2016 cycle. The money came from the organizations' PACs; their individual members, employees or owners; and those individuals' immediate families. At the federal level, the organizations themselves did not donate, as they are prohibited by law from doing so. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

That's $103,073 combined from an unknown number of people in 20 companies? That wouldn't even warrant an invitation to a White House dinner from an extremely corrupt President. This makes him a corporate shill? What about the guy commonly cited as the one of if not the most conservative GOP candidate, Ted Cruz? $793,476. Are you shocked?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Serious question.

I don't remember Ron Paul as being a Republican while he was running as an Independent, so am I missing something here that ole Bernie is being put up as the Democratic front runner?

Is this MSM propaganda when they portray Bernie as a Democrat when he is an Independent?

More mind control and manipulation?

I think the DNC is hedging their bets. At this early stage they are playing the field to see what they can get away with.

IMO.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What if they had a vote and nobody came?
Screw the whole lot.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If he isn't owned by TPTB, he won't be sitting behind the desk in their Oval Office.
He might be allowed to come visit though.

By saying and believing that you're already admitting defeat. Why would you want to do that???

If you really believe there is no chance to change that why do you even bother??? Just admit your a slave and go about your day and wait for them to squash you or do whatever they're going to do.

Personally, I'd rather keep some hope that it can change even if it's difficult. To simply admit defeat before I even try seems worse than at least trying to change things and failing.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

It doesn't make any sense at all to pick on Sanders when the others are the same in your views anyways.

The reason people pick on Sander's is because of all of his delusional followers that think he is somehow better than the rest of the candidates. He's not.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Maybe his donors sucked because during his 30 years as a Senator he NEVER sponsored a bill? As far as I am aware his biggest accomplishment as an INDEPENDENT, was he caucused with the Democrats.

Show me a bill he sponsored to benefit our country that fell in line with our Constitution. Bet you can't find one, cause I sure as hell can't!

WTF? 30 years as a politician and nothing! I guess term limits are DEFINATELY IN ORDER?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

These are top donors for his Congressional campaigns for his entire career FYI (from your link):

Doesn't matter special interest money is SPECIAL INTEREST money.

That's $103,073 combined from an unknown number of people in 20 companies? That wouldn't even warrant an invitation to a White House dinner from an extremely corrupt President. This makes him a corporate shill? What about the guy commonly cited as the one of if not the most conservative GOP candidate, Ted Cruz? $793,476. Are you shocked?

Doesn't matter if it's $1 dollar or $1 billion 'bad' money is still 'bad' money.

So it's ok because he just took a 'lil' bit of it.

What ever.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It doesn't make any sense at all to pick on Sanders when the others are the same in your views anyways.

The reason people pick on Sander's is because of all of his delusional followers that think he is somehow better than the rest of the candidates. He's not.

The irony here is, the exact same phrase can be applied to Trump as well as the other candidates. Take your pick.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

No the reason they pick on him is because they know full well he's better than any other candidate running as far as integrity is concerned.

His voting record and history shows he's consistent follows through on his policies and ideas. When questioned he gives real answers too not just a bunch of talking points or empty words skirting the question.

They pick on him because he wants to help the working people. He wants to help the middle class. The average person. That's why they don't like him. Because they are all Elitists deep down and they want to be Unique and Special instead of admitting they are no better than anyone else.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: intrepid

Best way to change the 'system' is to stop playing buy it's rules.

But you have already acknowledged that if you don't play by those rules you can't win. Therefore you can do nothing but allow the "same ole" to continue.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No the reason they pick on him is because they know full well he's better than any other candidate running as far as integrity is concerned.

His voting record and history shows he's consistent follows through on his policies and ideas. When questioned he gives real answers too not just a bunch of talking points or empty words skirting the question.

They pick on him because he wants to help the working people. He wants to help the middle class. The average person. That's why they don't like him. Because they are all Elitists deep down and they want to be Unique and Special instead of admitting they are no better than anyone else.

Well Said,

Bernie is a force to stabilized the ever increasing gap between the 1%'ers and the average working class, not all are welcoming to this idea.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wait what ?

How the hell is that ?

By 'raising' the minimum wage that put's people out of work because employers will have to INCREASE employees benefits?

Like the added costs employers will have to shell out for employee's medicare, and social security contributions.

Then what about the unions ?

$15 bucks an hour is a union wage. Don't need unions now will they ?

Then there is the whole delusional dream of universal health care that creates a monopoly over an entire industry putting people out of work driving costs higher, and unions will lose their Cadillac plans.

Sanders supporters really haven't thought through what he wants to do.

He cares?

Uh no he doesn't.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

The irony here is, the exact same phrase can be applied to Trump as well as the other candidates. Take your pick.

Peace

True! However, those who want Trump just don't give a damn anymore versus those who are willing to put up with another 4 years of BS and more of the same ole same ole politics as usual?

I want Trump just to piss off all ya'll that worship your politicians like Christians worship a God that may or may not exist! Tired of being screwed over by politicians of both parties, so worship who you will! I guess I'll see ya'll in hell, because when you believe in dividing humanity because of political beliefs, instead of compromising and peaceful resolutions, we have only one option left!

WAR!

Hope your prepared! : )

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Bernie is a force to stabilized the ever increasing gap between the 1%'ers and the average working class, not all are welcoming to this idea.

Peace

Are you being facetious or do you actually believe that?

I can't tell from your post.
edit on 2015/9/20 by Metallicus because: Spaced for readability (no text changed)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well Said,

Peace

Let's see:

Wages have never been higher.

Employee benefits have never been higher.

Government benefits have never been higher.

The money owed to the 'middle class' has never been higher. To the tune of over $100 trillion in benefits.

WHAT GAP?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Peace

True! However, those who want Trump just don't give a damn anymore versus those who are willing to put up with another 4 years of BS and more of the same ole same ole politics as usual?

I want Trump just to piss off all ya'll that worship your politicians like Christians worship a God that may or may not exist! Tired of being screwed over by politicians of both parties, so worship who you will! I guess I'll see ya'll in hell, because when you believe in dividing humanity because of political beliefs, instead of compromising and peaceful resolutions, we have only one option left!

WAR!

I am sure there are other peaceful ways to come up with resolution, but I am also sure history will not agree with me on that..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There is no way that the candidate who wants to give our corrupt Congress -- with ZERO oversight -- the most money to spend is NOT the Establishment's choice.

No. Way.

Bernie is their 18 trillion dollar man.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: mOjOm

Hes full of crap for carrying on about corporate America and taking money from it.

A question. Without that money would he have a snowball's chance in hell against the candidates that are funded by billionaires?

Hey it takes over 1 billion dollars to get elected.

Without money no one gets elected.

It would go along way to Sanders credibility had he not taken those corporate, and union donations.

So if he doesn't take it he can't win. Therefore he can't serve his country the way he wants. He takes it he's a hypocrite. Is that right?

All politicians are hypocrites.

Sanders is no different.

Dude. If you were running I'd vote for you.
Nice sidestep. So can you answer my question about that Catch 22 situation?

No I have too much self respect for my self, and other people to become a part of that farce on capitol shill.

That place where people get paid for their opinions by cash, and vote.

As to a catch 22 Sanders shouldn't have put himself in to that position.

So he should just accept that the system is totally screwed and allow the status quo? Or play the game and attempt to bring change?

I think that is a fallacy.

If the people are truly ready for a change in the status quo anything, and everything is possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Peace

WAR!

I am sure there are other peaceful ways to come up with resolution, but I am also sure history will not agree with me on that..

Divide and conquer!

We are at our breaking point in this country. We can blame our corrupt representatives if we want, but we as a people allowed this mess to happen.

How can we have a peaceful resolution at this point in time, when we have allowed our elective officials to turn us into cultist followers?

I don't see it happening due to the fact that neither side of the political spectrum even shows a hint they even know the meaning of the word "Compromise"!

Politics have turned adults into narcissistic children that if they don't have it their way will kick and scream until they get a pacifier shoved in their mouths like a little baby!
edit on 20-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

There is no way that the candidate who wants to give our corrupt Congress -- with ZERO oversight -- the most money to spend is NOT the Establishment's choice.

No. Way.

Bernie is their 18 trillion dollar man.

Just think of the increased monies politicians will be getting from lobbyists if Sanders gets in.

That is how lobbyist's got started.

The more power government takes. The more money that changes hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join