It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behind the scenes with Bernie Sanders:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

If you don't care about American politics and Sanders, right now as you have described in your other Sanders threads, than why can't you also create criticism threads about Trump and the others as well. Or let alone create a thread about your hate for all other candidates. Its doesn't make any sense at all to pick on Sanders when the others are the same in your views anyways

I will do that tomorrow. Trump's flipped flopped all over the place on gun 'rights'.

Remind me.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: mOjOm

Hes full of crap for carrying on about corporate America and taking money from it.

A question. Without that money would he have a snowball's chance in hell against the candidates that are funded by billionaires?

Hey it takes over 1 billion dollars to get elected.

Without money no one gets elected.

It would go along way to Sanders credibility had he not taken those corporate, and union donations.

So if he doesn't take it he can't win. Therefore he can't serve his country the way he wants. He takes it he's a hypocrite. Is that right?

All politicians are hypocrites.

Sanders is no different.

link   
IDK...

What he says is spot on.

Of course it begs the question of how he takes the money yet plans on changing things. Not sure on that.

Expecting change from within DC is a waste of time.

link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Career politician.
That says a lot, not all good.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: neo96

Vote for me, I luv youze all (I can spin crap like an absolute champion).

Q: How can you tell when a politician is lying?

In the rotting fruit basket that is American politics, Bernie is the shiniest apple and and, you gotta vote because, well, if you don't etc etc etc.

Pretty much why me and so many others of the "silent majority" are willing to sling our vote at Trump!

Tired of waiting for the inevitable to happen?

When I see those who support Sanders as the next Messiah say "Feel the Bern"?

I don't think they realize how hot that fire will get!

Anyways, tired of treating men/women as Gods of my destiny. If the light at the end of the tunnel means humanity will get a much needed kick in the ass to quit being so damned gullible to believe in liars? Bring it on!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When I donated I had to fill out the company I work for, it was required for my donation to be accepted. Those are clearly individual donors.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Deport Illegals - check

Will never happen because then he would have to hire a bunch of people and that would cost him more. Besides do you know what the cost would be to deport that many people?

End Wars - check

Yeah right Obama claimed that too.

Balance budget - check

What makes you think this? He has laid out no plan has he?

Challenge military industrial complex - check

Where did you get this delusion? To quote Trump.

Trump said he would “build up the military so strong and so powerful” so that “we’ll never have to use it” because no one will mess with the United States.

He would give the military complex a blank check. You don't fight something by giving it what it wants.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It would go along way to Sanders credibility had he not taken those corporate, and union donations.

Well he's nowhere near a billion dollars and hopefully you're wrong because I don't see him getting anywhere close to that.

So what if they're unions. Those unions are fighting for the workers that are in them for better pay, better safety, etc. You know things that actually help the working class. Why do you have a problem with helping the working class??? You spend all your time complaining about the Gov. and the Establishment and the Elite and yet you protect them at every turn and demonize working class people. You're not making any sense.

19 of the 20 top donors are unions. The corporate donations are also very small individual campaign donations. He said he's not taking SuperPAC money and he isn't. But he's still accepting regular campaign donations. How else is he going to run??? If you look at the charts most of his money comes from "Small Individual" Donations. Those don't put you in someones pocket. Taking SuperPAC millions does though. Even taking "Large Individual" donations if they make up the majority of your money might also put you in someone's pocket.

Did you expect that he's just going to run on his good looks??? It still takes some money and he's running the cleanest most transparent and honest campaign out of anyone.

But keep at it Neo. Your slander propaganda against Bernie is fun and revealing as to your credibility as well.
edit on 20-9-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Hes full of crap for carrying on about corporate America and taking money from it.

A question. Without that money would he have a snowball's chance in hell against the candidates that are funded by billionaires?

So if he doesn't take it he can't win. Therefore he can't serve his country the way he wants. He takes it he's a hypocrite. Is that right?

Sanders is no different.

Dude. If you were running I'd vote for you.
Nice sidestep. So can you answer my question about that Catch 22 situation?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well he's nowhere near a billion dollars and hopefully you're wrong because I don't see him getting anywhere close to that.

Sorry not wrong.

www.opensecrets.org...

Prolly cost considerably more.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sanders doesn't take corporate campaign donations.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Look a little deeper Neo.

Follow the Money: 81% of Bernie Sanders' Funds From Small Donors, Compared to 17% of Hillary's Haul
But it is the nature of that fundraising that is perhaps most interesting. The FEC segregates donations into two levels that can be easily deciphered: under $200, typically referred to as “small donors," and over $200. Nearly 81 percent of Sanders' donors fit into this small donor category, making him the candidate who has raised the most from these donors on either side (Ben Carson comes in second at around 80.2 percent).

This is a stark contrast in how the campaigns are raising money. Sanders has pledged to reject corporate Political Action Committee money and fundraise mostly from small donors. Clinton has embraced traditional Washington methods of fundraising. As of the second quarter of 2015, both are basically sticking to their plans.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I thought you meant it takes a billion individually. But you're talking about by the Party. My mistake.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I try to get your reasoning, I really do... but man sometimes you're just so far off in left field.

Wrong 3cheese....... that would be RIGHT FIELD

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sanders is no different.

No I have too much self respect for my self, and other people to become a part of that farce on capitol shill.

That place where people get paid for their opinions by cash, and vote.

As to a catch 22 Sanders shouldn't have put himself in to that position.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Sanders doesn't take corporate campaign donations.

If he isn't owned by TPTB, he won't be sitting behind the desk in their Oval Office.
He might be allowed to come visit though.
edit on b000000302015-09-20T20:06:17-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 20 Sep 2015 20:06:17 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Money rules politics and that's why it's so corrupt. Sanders already said he won't be accepting billionaires money because he finds the war of billionaires in politics disgusting.

www.cnn.com...

From what I've read, Unions so far love to donate to him. Shocking, I know.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sanders is no different.

No I have too much self respect for my self, and other people to become a part of that farce on capitol shill.

That place where people get paid for their opinions by cash, and vote.

As to a catch 22 Sanders shouldn't have put himself in to that position.

So he should just accept that the system is totally screwed and allow the status quo? Or play the game and attempt to bring change?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Serious question.

I don't remember Ron Paul as being a Republican while he was running as an Independent, so am I missing something here that ole Bernie is being put up as the Democratic front runner?

Is this MSM propaganda when they portray Bernie as a Democrat when he is an Independent?

More mind control and manipulation?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Best way to change the 'system' is to stop playing by it's rules.

Stop using the same means.

When a person truly is genuine about change there is always another way.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join