It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your New Year's Resolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i have three NYRs

1. Lose weight - the situation has got out of hand these past two years

2. Get a job (preferrably producing music
)

3. i know this sounds wierd, but i need to learn to look people in the eye. its a problem i had since i was about eight, and it bugs me that i cant hold someones gaze

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Daystar]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar
3. i know this sounds wierd, but i need to learn to look people in the eye. its a problem i had since i was about eight, and it bugs me that i cant hold someones gaze

I've got the same problem, when i talk to people i can't focus on their eyes, i feel as if i'm staring at them.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Try and not be funny.

It never works.

Im a tortured genius.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't believe in resolutions (why make changes for the better on one day of the year? Why not on April 18th? Or every month?)

But, I do have something I want to work on....
To try and actually post more around here!!

It's soooo hard sometimes between the mod stuff and the ATSNN stuff to kick back and join in discussions. So 2005 will be the year I try to get back to my salty, sarcastic posting roots 'round these parts.

Watch out, y'all.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
haha, smoking pops up like every year.

Every New Year I've been saying I'm going to quit smoking for nearly 10 years now so I'm not even going to bother this year...if I don't say it maybe it'll actually happen...and I was so close last year as well.

It's hard to come up with basic stuff, as I don't eat too much, I don't drink too much, I don't take too many drugs...so...

apart from that, learn at least one language is one goal; To travel alot more, I've already got 3 destinations sorted out for the first few months of this year; There are a few projects I've been putting off for a couple of years now, I shall put them off no more; To be as kind and caring to loved ones as I can possibly be, they wont be here forever...and lastly to not be so hard on myself when things don't work out the way I hoped...I've got to learn I can't control the way things turn out and it's not my fault.

Oh, good call about the not making eye contact with people...I have that problem as well.

I don't think I'll do anything about it though, my stare scares people.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Daystar]

It doesn't sound weird. This is a very hard thing to do sometimes. Especially if you are sensitive in any way. The eyes truly are the windows to the soul, so when you "connect" with them you are doing far more than just looking at "something". You are looking at that particular "someone"...the real "them".

You are a real them also...and maybe what might help you is to remember that if you don't allow them to look at your windows, you are robbing them of seeing the real "you". And the real "you" has no weight problem whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
to change my socks more frequently than once a week.....

There's a terrible smell in Dingley Dell, 'cause the pixies are washing their socks

My resolution for this year is to avoid being horribly killed in any of Bush's wars.
If I can't do that, I'll come back as a spook and haunt you all

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hehe. Not weird at all. I already posted my resolutions, but wanted to comment on that. I *might* have the opposite problem. Sometime I notice that when I stare at people in the eyes, *too much*, sometime they just keep on looking away, etc.. So I have to do the same thing. I have to remind me to randomly look away from their eyes once in a while, or else it looks like they start to feel unconfortable.

(I mean, when holding a LONG conversation, etc)

[edit on 1-1-2005 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Good advice Val...I get that sometimes myself...I usually just force myself to do it in spurts - lol....Sometimes it just depends on the person you're talking to though - If they're an idiot and spewing on and on...well...eye contact is not something you need to make conversation with the dim-witted...

I agree with Banshee on the whole New Year's Resolution thing....But I guess it is a good time to analyze and assess what needs to be vamped up in your life...

I have....a few...

**SAVE MONEY - I live from paycheck to paycheck right now and have overdrawn far too many times this year

**Get back in the gym

**Watch my drinking (or have someone else watch me while I drink
)

**Go back to school for my masters

**My own little weird one here...I almost have a phobia of doing things I know other people will like or be proud of me for, because I hate getting all the praise for something that anyone else could have done just as easy...so I need to start doing those good things and I�ll finally get some forward momentum�I�ll just grit my teeth when I get those pats on the back...I know � it�s a weird one�.anyone else get this feeling from time to time?

**And the best one I've read so far...Get laid more!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join