It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - SW21

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

As Phage said and I mentioned, gravity affects massive things in that way when they are being formed.
In any case, the very fact that the ISS is even in orbit is kind of proof the Earth is a sphere, right?

Are there any calculations that can show how an object the size of the ISS could maintain a stable(ish) orbit, around a flat planet, and still maintain the visible aspect it has from the surface?

I mean possibly, if it were in a (south, around the edge of the disk) polar orbit, I could buy that, but it isn't, it crosses continents and oceans, so how does it go from one side to the other, then instantly appear back on the starting side again?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I watched another flat earth video that had some very convincing arguments, this guy though missed two key points.

One, the type of ship he was on is quite large and the deck is probably 40 or 60 feet above the surface, which would allow him to see objects at the distances he's talking about.

Secondly, he said that none of the systems account for the curvature of the earth, but I know that the radar system on the Aegis cruisers is described as being able to see over the horizon.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Go check out the Treaty of Antarctica, Operation HighJump, and Nimrod Expeditions. They all pose some interesting questions concerning the shape of our earth.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
ive just stumbled on to the flat earth theory, but it answers so many mysteries and questions ive had for years...im not fully convinced but its a hell of a dialogue to look forward to! really enjoying all the evidence put forward and also taken aback by the bitterness and close mindedness of the opposition.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rufusdufus

Well, considering the flat earth "theory" violates the known laws of physics, there's bound to be some opposition from those with at least a high school education. If you are incapable of believing what you can witness with your own eyes then that's your own problem.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: captainpudding
and we're off to the races! lol...wait if a phenomenon 'violates' the laws of the incumbent model do we .... A.) automatically and vehemently deny the phenomenon because it doesnt fit your beliefs..... OR B.) look at the evidence presented with an OPEN MIND and then you can AT LEAST say youve seen both sides....remember my little friend THE ULTIMATE IGNORANCE IS THE REJECTION OF SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT....YET REFUSE TO INVESTIGATE. i look forward to an open and respectful discourse

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If someone showed me a 2016 cellphone commercial 30 yrs ago, I would be speechless. therefore, I will entertain this discourse. just so you know, I don't believe that the earth is flat. I will accept certain interesting points as facts: no one is allowed to travel beyond a certain point in Antarctica; that long distance flights below the equator never travel along the longitudinal lines as we know it; that with modern technology there can be computer generated footage/video from nasa re: iss and other space pics/video. that being said, flat earth theory requires a global conspiracy on a massive scale. not just by governmental entities and their representatives, but also by engineers, pilots, and other academics. the argument that I hear most, is that no professional would subscribe to flat earth theory on fear of being ridiculed. and this has stopped academia in the past? even today, there are legitimate professionals in the scientific community that argues against global climate change; and they still adhere to their positions. Aside from the greatest mass conspiracy, there is also the question of why? just to say that all the conspirators were freemasons does not negate the fact that someone who is not a mason would surely be in the know. a civil discourse is what I enjoy, on a wide variety of topics. I would certainly never think a flat earther is crazy or psychotic. on the contrary, due to the limitations of what information any one person can gather in the first person, most if not all knowledge is based upon others' perceptions, studies, and scientific analysis.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join