It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - SW21

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
a reply to: VashTheStampedeWhy are you so angry? Are you feeling threatened? Is the walls of your so called 'settled science' getting cracks and are on the verge of tumbling down? If you are so secure in your beliefs of the earth being a globe, why do you keep hanging around here? Why not just have a chuckle, and move on? Challenge yourself. Look at this from the outside. I dare you! You can start with Mark Sargents video series called Flat Earth Clues.
There are 16 short videos in the series. If Videos aren't your cup of tea, how about a pdf copy of "Zetetic Cosmogony: or Conclusive Evidence that the World is NOT a spinning Globe, but a Stationary Plane Circle" cira 1899. You can download it here

I'm not angry if I was I would be using what is refereed to as the C word. Flat Earth theory would have to have some legitimate evidence to be a threat. I don't like the spreading of ignorance whether that be about gun rights, politics,or the Earth.

Or instead of looking at that 1899 article I can just look at Saturn, Mars, and Venus through my telescope and see that they are round or I could look at a photo of Earth from apace.

Here I'll even include a link to photo of Earth from Space since you have never seen one before: upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 20-9-2015 by VashTheStampede because: Added extra info

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I understand you point, but can you deal with what this navy guy is saying? I didn't hear you deal with that.

Yeah, BELIEVERpriest... DEAL WITH IT.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

a reply to: VashTheStampedeWhy are you so angry? Are you feeling threatened? Is the walls of your so called 'settled science' getting cracks and are on the verge of tumbling down? If you are so secure in your beliefs of the earth being a globe, why do you keep hanging around here? Why not just have a chuckle, and move on? Challenge yourself. Look at this from the outside. I dare you! You can start with Mark Sargents video series called Flat Earth Clues.
There are 16 short videos in the series. If Videos aren't your cup of tea, how about a pdf copy of "Zetetic Cosmogony: or Conclusive Evidence that the World is NOT a spinning Globe, but a Stationary Plane Circle" cira 1899. You can download it here

He's definately feeling threatened. His little world is cracking apart thus the temper tantrums and bad manners towards others here.

Again you spout ignorance because your theory is so easily proven false,there is a littleral mountain of evidence against your theory but you choose to continue to believe it because you just have to be different.

(post by awareness10 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Due to centuries of convincing mankind that the earth is a globe, the study of the earth being flat is in it's infancy, and there are many, many unknowns. Rob Skiba has some ideas about moon phases and eclipses.

Thx.

The idea about the moon having a transparent surface and being lit from the inside seems a little much, and to be fair he doesn't give a FE explanation for lunar eclipses but rather just states that he doesn't know how they work and then talks about blood moons and then gives an alternate explanation for solar eclipses. This is all compounded by the fact that the heliocentric ball earth model does elegantly explain solar & lunar eclipses plus moon phases. Even if you don't like the ball model you have to admit that it explains our observations of those things perfectly.

His mentioning of what "scripture tells us" doesn't do anything for me personally, but if that's your thing then fine by me.

Anyone wanna have a stab at the day / night lengths in the southern hemisphere? As I see it the FE model does not provide a way for the daylight period to be longer than the night in far southern hemisphere countries (look at how FE has the sun orbiting the center of the disc), can any ATSer confirm that you do have longer days than nights in summer in say Australia, South Africa, South America etc?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: VashTheStampede

Again you Insult me with your twaddle. As you have failed to read what others believe contrary to your own belief, have proved absolutely nothing other than you know how to ruin a good thread.

You have only continued to show utmost denial when proven wrong, how many times does history have to prove you wrong for you to think that maybe you were wrong.

I have read what the others have posted and it is just as much of a fairy tale. Flat Earth is about as believable as Reptilians,Santa,the tooth fairy, and Big Foot existing.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It is a symptom of round earth indoctrination. I see it too

edit on 20-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ENOUGH

Post ON TOPIC and NOT About other Members

Next move is account suspensions and no one wants to do that

ps. There is no such thing as free speech on a PRIVATE FORUM BOARD anymore than there is Free Speech in my house

Free Speech on ATS

DO NOT REPLY to this post

Semper

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wonder how I managed to fly around the world if it's flat.. because they would be no connection point between side A and B .. maybe a secret wormhole?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede
www....(nolink)/view/l679prcg097ny8u/200_Proofs_Earth_is_Not_a_Spinning_Ball%21.pdf
Read this.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flyandiThis is what we are shown as being flight routes.

99 % of all air traffic in the world goes through these airports. All these airports are placed above the equator:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest
Well, the most economically, technologically advanced nations, what we call Western Nations, are all located above the equator. In fact, most of the land mass of the earth lies above the equator. For those 2 reasons, the northern hemisphere will have the most air traffic. The southern hemisphere nation are not connectedcas well, there are vast oceans between them. So it was much more difficult to do trade and travel between them, compared to the northern hemisphere nations.

So it makes,sense that the northern nations had an advantage to share knowledge and trade more easily, so thats,why they have all the airports because they are doing lots of business together and have more in common with eachother and have very old relationships with eachother.

South America, Australia, And Africa have great oceans between them so they did not have that advantage. Their links are more connected to the nations directly north of them.

edit on 9/20/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

All these airports are placed above the equator:

What do you mean "above" the equator? You think north means up?

But I suppose the airports that are south of the equator don't count for some reason.

I suppose these people (tourists) were never really at the south pole. Because, of course, there is no such thing. I'm sure that they didn't notice that the Southern Cross was overhead at the time. I'm sure they didn't notice that Polaris had disappeared below the horizon once they were below 1º south.

www.google.com...
edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Without going into detail about all the really obvious reasons for the Earth not being flat, not falling off the edge on round world trips, gravity acting on formation of planets, ships appearing on the horizon etc., why would the Earth be flat?

You might consider that the ISS isn't a sphere yet it is in space, following certain rules. Why does the Earth have to be round? This topic is getting to me. Once you start looking at this as "possible," you begin to think that something isn't right. Without having a distant perspective, you really can't conceive "the big picture."

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

You might consider that the ISS isn't a sphere yet it is in space, following certain rules. Why does the Earth have to be round?

Most asteroids and comets are not spherical either.

The "rule" being followed is gravitation. The gravity of a massive enough object will cause it to coalesce into a spherical shape (largest volume, least surface area). The ISS is neither massive enough, nor did it exactly coalesce.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Cuz you know, the "Navy Man" says its true.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How come planes have to fly in a curvature to get to its destination? Are you telling me even private pilots are all on Obama's payroll? Friggen Obama.

And here I was hoping the earth was hallow and dwarfs would emerge in my life time. I was born too soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join