It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - SW21

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I did a search on this particular titled video and didn't see it posted.

Let me state that I was a definite non-believer in flat earth, and have posted on ATS with some of my views, but this interview is having me scratch my head. If this interview is already being discussed, then please accept my apologies and remove the thread.

This is such a tough issue for me. I look at both sides that talk about more precise scientific information. We are so ingrained in our world / self existent viewpoint that to even think that the earth is flat is an immediate discombobulating situation. If you are an immediate off the cuff thinking that flat earth is BS such as me, stop and allow yourself to really act like you were just truly made aware of the proof of that and take a self assessment as to the feeling of discomfort you end up having, at least I do. This guy in the video speaks of things he has experienced if we are to believe him. How can you see at a 2 degree tight laser system out 50 nautical miles in a straight line and have no deviation as to the curvature of the earth? Does it matter? How would the earth being flat affect us except to realize we've been lied to about the space program forever? I think we all know the government lies to us on a daily basis, why does this one cause such consternation?

edit on 20-9-2015 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Let me state that I was a definite non-believer in flat earth,
You mean you believe the Earth is round? Good for you.

This guy in the video speaks of things he has experienced if we are to believe him. How can you see at a 2 degree tight laser system out 50 nautical miles in a straight line and have no deviation as to the curvature of the earth?
Perhaps for the same reason we can sometimes see things beyond the horizon. Light refraction.
www.islandnet.com...

I think we all know the government lies to us on a daily basis, why does this one cause such consternation?
The government didn't tell me the Earth is round but why the consternation? Because it's stupid. Note the motto of ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Without going into detail about all the really obvious reasons for the Earth not being flat, not falling off the edge on round world trips, gravity acting on formation of planets, ships appearing on the horizon etc., why would the Earth be flat?

Is it special, the Earth? Because we do see other planets rotating don't we?
edit on 20-9-2015 by Jonjonj because: bloody rogue comma

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Im more worried that people who train others to fire missiles actually entertain this arcane notion.

You would imagine there is some kind of physiological screening process to weed out the nut-balls regrading the job in question?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

US Navy Missile Instructor confirms FLAT EARTH - SW21

Except the fact that the Earth was known to be round around 250 BC tells me he is making up a story.

The ancients were well aware the world was a sphere. Pythagoras (6th century B.C.) is generally credited with having first suggested a round Earth. Aristotle (4th century B.C.) agreed and supported the theory with observations such as that the southern constellations rise higher in the sky when a person travels south. He also noted that during a lunar eclipse, the Earth’s shadow is round. Eratosthenes (3rd century B.C., head librarian at the Library of Alexandria) built on their ideas and calculated the circumference of the Earth with remarkable accuracy at about 252,000 stadia. Depending on which stadion measurement he was using, his figure was either just 1% too small or 16% too large; many scholars think it likely that he was using the Egyptian stadion (157.5 m), being in Egypt at the time, which would make his estimate about 1% to small… remarkable.

www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Note the motto of ATS.

That get's thrown out the window when it comes to the flat Earth threads.

Which is truly amazing to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The guy is probably a big Discworld, Terry Pratchett fan.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are you taking the altitude of the beam projector and reflectors above MSL into account. 50 miles is not that far. I would estimate the curvature of the earth to be about 34 feet at fifty miles. If the laser is at twenty feet and the target is at twenty feet that's a straight shot.

Really Dude, I got to tell you the Earth is not flat.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A Navy Missile Instructor has confirmed a flat Earth? Good! So it's settled, then?

On a serious note, if Flat Earthers believe that the Earth is flat, how do they explain all the other planets and satellites appearing spherical?

Apologies, but I simply can't take people who believe this tripe seriously...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Lies from NASA duh.

Never A Straight Answer.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Haven't traveled by jet much I guess?

Since this flat theory is new to me can you explain what it is we're all living on then?
What shape? Is Earth like a coin or cube?
What's on the other side?
Can I jump off? Then what happens?
Are other planets, stars flat also? Moon?
How far down to we have to dig to 'break on through to the other side'?
If a large asteroid hits Earth will it make us into a donut? Are asteroids flat also?

Most of all though:
How do they conceal what has to be the biggest conspiracy this flat world has ever know? What I mean is, everyone with a working brain throughout history has had to be lied to and suppressed, that's a tall order. Must be those pesky etb's again!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So we have an entire solar system full of spherical planets and moons, but earth is the only exception to the rule??? Ok, yeah. I'm sold.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ok. I am trying to figure out a detailed way to tell You nicely that:
The Earth is a Sphere,
but typing while laughing My Ass of is pretty Hard to do!!!

(Tears roll down My Face...)

Not laughing at You in particular, but at the notion in general...

LMFAO!!!!!!

I'm Sorry but......................
edit on 20-9-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The guy is probably a big Discworld, Terry Pratchett fan.

Well, there is nothing wrong with that!

link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I understand you point, but can you deal with what this navy guy is saying? I didn't hear you deal with that.

link   
the main thing i am taking away from this is the US Navy is employing some
really REALLY stupid people!

the flat earther folk are insane or doing it for a laugh or both.
the evidence of a spherical earth is literally everywhere im not listing them
as everyone with an IQ greater then a cheese sandwich knows most of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Totally agree, Pratchett being the genius he is/was, but that don't make our Earth flat im afraid!

edit on 20-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

If a large asteroid hits Earth will it make us into a donut? Are asteroids flat also?

I shall use this quote again, class!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And so far, nothing but ridicule and ignoring the actual video. The first 30 minutes should give enough to go by. Why is what this guy is saying wrong? This info is throwing me for a loop because he can use Navy equipment that uses lasers to target ships 60 nautical miles away and there is no deviation. How can there be zero accounting for earth curve or spin to hit a moving target?

Now, if all you can do is laugh and wipe tears of mockery, I'll ask mods to delete your posts. I am not a flat earther. I wrote an honest OP and the best you can do is point and laugh? It's a shame really.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

But I asked a serious question!
Why are all the other planets spheres and Earth is flat? I mean come on!

I feel that we Earthlings have been short changed if this is indeed true.

a reply to: andy06shake

Indeed.

edit on 20-9-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join