It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think people like Willtell are so used to watching the smooth-talking professional politicians like Obama and Bill Clinton that they mistake straight talk and an unconcern for political canned rhetoric that merely tickles the ears with lack of intelligence. Mistake, imo.

And your ears are tickled by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, and O'Rielly. None of those folks are politicians, they are paid to talk, and you and your ilk, eat it up.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm not seeing anywhere that Carson is suggesting any change in laws or really doing anything other than stating his opinion. How this became a Constitutional argument is beyond me...well, not really, we all know what the goal was in pretending this is a Constitutional discussion. Fact is this, nothing in the Constitution dictates how individuals are to believe. Ben Carson is effectively saying "I could never vote for a Muslim." That is undeniably his right, just as it is anyone else's. In freaking fact, how many times have we seen comments on ATS along the lines of "Michele Bachman is one of those wacko Christians and I'll move if she's elected?" I don't believe any of us accused those folks of being in violation of the Constitution while we were making fun of them...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Kali74

Poor old Ben is just trying to compete and stay relevant in the election circus. He see's the Donalds success and is just parroting back the accepted BS that has become the new electioneering norm. Scapegoating....
Ben will be toast by Xmas due to lack of a money sponsor like the Koch bros.

Let's all just sit back and enjoy the show. Jeb has already been selected anyway....

edit....I think it will be a long, long time until another black man is elected POTUS. A large segment of Americans have become more racist, not less, because of Obama's presidency.

Hopefully they are all Fox News watchers, and approaching the end of their existence in this world, I am sorry look after my 83 yo step father, 75 yo father, and 80 yo step mother.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
I agree with Ben Carson.
Folks, you don't want those people cramming their religion down the public's throat. They will uphold that holy book over the Constitution...They'll probably want every politician to follow their one true faith and ridicule those who are not...To them women will never be equal to men, even deny some of their rights... They'll treat gay people as second class citizens...They even might invade countries because their one and only true God personally told them to do so...

Yep, I 100% agree with Ben Carson on this one.

Seriously, I looked for the sarcasm tag, because that is exactly what the evangelical nutjobs in this country want to do. So to be fair, you do not want to live in a Muslim theocracy, but you would be fine with a Christian on? I will continue to support the constitution on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Ben Carson, imo, is not qualified to be president because of his lack of intelligence, understanding, and his oversized ego and this statement, among others, proves it.

You hit the nail there, I can surely use that on Trump as well....

It's not just Muslims, it can be anyone with an agenda of being in power and controlling the messes for personal gain.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who was Jefferson referring to in the Declaration of Independence when he said "endowed by their creator"....???
I'm pretty sure it wasn't allah...

Please enlighten me as this is the seminal document upon which our revolution would be based...

-Christosterone

I was endowed by their f'n creator, whoever that might be. What part of that does your small mind not understand?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the God of Abraham didn't want his "prophet" to bang 7 year old children.
Call me crazy but marrying a 6 year old seems kinda wrong ...
So I'm gonna stick with my initial interpretation that Jefferson was not referring to the moon God of Arabia(Allah) whose primary voice was a sociopathic pedophile with 7th century warlord sensibilities.....

To reiterate, Jefferson and every single founder of the us constitution to a man was a student of the judeo Christian ethos....this is inarguable....
I mean seriously, read a book on the founders ...I beg you

-Christosterone

You apparently need to read a few books as well, I own a history degree, and unless you are reading books by Hannity, Beck, or Palin, you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He said he believed the president's faith should be consistent with the US constitution. Asked if he considered Islam to be consistent, he said: "No, I do not."

This is how it got to be a constitutional issue - not really a mystery

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that,"

This is his opinion - the opinion of a man running for president of a country that has in it's constitution:

...but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.[a]

The reason we're even talking about this is because - it's his opinion. Should we elect an anti-constitutional, bigoted idiot?

My opinion is - no

:-)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

How has electing a "Constitutional scholar" worked out for y'all? As I said previously, I appreciate Carson's candor and, at the present time, agree with the man.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Kali74
I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

The constitution is just a word to these people, used to help people get all riled up and patriotic. What they really want is a theocracy. They don't care about the constitution and its principles.

How is the Constitution to the PC crowd? Changing speech, using McCarthyism to shut down businesses and make people lose their jobs?

Seems to me the Constitution in our government today is only used to benefit an ideology versus a standard of law! That goes to BOTH parties and it's worshippers.

To answer your question from a pretty hard core liberal, ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, that is the most important part to me. Second amendment I am OK with that, would like some checks and balances on it, don't desire my neighbors to have bazookas or grenades. 14th, I am not sure what to do with, how do you remove legal status from millions of immigrant babies born on our lands.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

As I said previously, I appreciate Carson's candor and, at the present time, agree with the man.

Candor schmandor - the man's a bigot - and a jackass. He's not exactly presidential material

Or, gawd - maybe he is...

If you think candor is enough - you will be just as happy with Trump. Or, Cruz, or...

They're all trying to out candor each other now. Does that seem authentic to you? Candid?

We will get the president that some of us deserve. Nobody ever said life was fair

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74
Where are you people getting your sources?
Muhamed co-opted God of Abraham simply because he was an opportunistic warlord.
Or do you truly believe some magic being in the sky came down and told him to bang seven-year-olds and said "oh, by the way I'm also the same God as your mortal enemies, the Jews"....???

Jesus this is unbelievable....where did y'all go to school? I'm actually curious...

-Christosterone

Apparently not the same fundamentalist christian school you did, because we are actually able to think.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

No, I'm by no means a Trump guy.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You have no idea how much that comforts me

:-)

That wasn't sarcasm

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Why not turn the country over to a muslim, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Why not turn the country over to a muslim, what could possibly go wrong?

Do you believe the presidency is magic?
edit on 9/20/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

That may play a role here in some understanding, then. I see Ben Carson's candor as being genuine and honest. He hasn't changed what he's saying at all over his public career. Trump's 'candor' often represents a 180 from the things he said prior to declaring his candidacy. It rings like hollow BS. I'm not saying I'd like it much better if I believed he was sincere, but at least I could dislike what he was saying but respect him for his honesty... I don't know a lot regarding Cruz, to be honest. I think he believes what he says, but I don't believe he's the right man.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Stupid question, of course it's not magic, but the presidency has tremendous power.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

How many times has this been refuted?

Hmm now let's see.

Besties with the muslim brotherhood in Egypt.

Besties with them 'freedom' fighters in Syria arming them.

Besties with the Iranians now that ISLAMIC religious theocracy.

Makings NASA's core mission 'muslim' outreach instead of SPACE exploration.

Trading terrorists for deserters, and the latest ?

Giving poor litle boys white house visits for making clocks.

Just exactly what was 'refuted' ?

Amazingly, like most of your conservative friends, you have no sources, just opinion.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

You think a Muslim president (let's pretend for a moment that a Muslim could actually get elected in this country) could wave his hand, make a decree - and what?

Would he turn us?

Into what? A country run by religion? That would be a shame

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join