It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

More red herrings.

Neo you are free to speak when ever you want, just remember I am free to respond in the way I want.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

It reminds me of the recent South Park episode about Tom Brady.

"What would Tom Brady say Cartman?"

"That everyone else does it too."

This a true case of "Tom Bradying it". Lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't strongly dislike or hate anyone, I think you're just trying to justify your own bad qualities to yourself. Posting the definition of a word doesn't automatically mean everyone is that word, sorry.

Especially when they ignore the word "unfairly" in their own definition.

Shaking my head...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And I'm giving my opinion on his opinion. Someone that doesn't understand the Constitution shouldn't be President.

Show me where the Constitution states that one's personal opinion must align with the law. George HW Bush hated Brussels sprouts... Did that show a lack of Constitutional understanding to you, too?

Sheesh! Arguments like these sure as hell shine a bright light on how "acceptance" in America has been replaced by a demand of total compliance.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

How about this...give me one founder who was not raised with Christian sensibilities or as a non Christian...just one...I will give you a hint...there is not a single one

That's an easy one. Thomas Paine here's a quote by him.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

He was raised a deist and wanted absolutely nothing to do with Christianity.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Let's not forget Thomas Jefferson either.

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.

-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Are brussel sprouts protected by the Constitution? You know there's a reason I put this in mud-pit and not the election or political madness forum, right?

Last I checked Dr. Carson has no legislative or executive power so law was never an issue to begin with. This is about his character. A person that states that any natural born citizen isn't fit to be President simply on the basis of their faith, a statement that spits on the Constitution... are themselves not goddamn fit to be President.
edit on 9/20/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Are brussel sprouts protected by the Constitution? You know there's a reason I put this in mud-pit and not the election or political madness forum, right?

Last I checked Dr. Carson has no legislative or executive power so law was never an issue to begin with. This is about his character. A person that states that any natural born citizen isn't fit to be President simply on the basis of their faith, a statement that spits on the Constitution... are themselves not goddamn fit to be President.

Your opinion... If you were running for president, perhaps someone would lend it credence. I see Carson as more fit for the office than many of his opponents on both sides of the aisle are. (Which is just my opinion... See how this works?
)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Your opinion

Yeah...

If you were running for president, perhaps someone would lend it credence.

Zing!

I see Carson as more fit for the office than many of his opponents on both sides of the aisle are

Hating the Constitution is right-wing PC vogue right now?

See how this works?

You were the one who seemed confused.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A person that states that any natural born citizen isn't fit to be President simply on the basis of their faith, a statement that spits on the Constitution... are themselves not goddamn fit to be President.

Thats what the left has been saying about the right for over two centuries.

That was especially clear with GW,McCain, and Romney.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Are you going to try and say that's because they're Christians?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread and don't know if this has been brought up but I just learned Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist. That means there are Christians who would say he's not a real Christian and shouldn't be president, either. Of course, I assume some will overlook this when voting though it's hard to know for sure how many won't the same as with Romney being a Mormon.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

And your point is? Even if that were true, that doesn't make it any more right. You're Tom Bradying again.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Sremmos80

Ah the old "but...but...but they did it, too."

You are so wrong. The reason the KKK is a laughing stock is because white Americans loudly and vociferously condemn them. When Roof killed those folks at the church, there was such a loud uproar that even a benign thing like a flag was attacked and hyperbolic screams were heard all across this country. That is how you do it.

Those 'hyperbolic" screams that you heard, were the people in this country that have a wee bit of common sense. We don't judge people by the color of their skin, or the god they worship or don't. Unfortunately some citizens of these United States, that I spent 7 years defending, do not understand these things, and their thought process is, "If is ain't white, it ain't right"

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

There are two classifications of law laid out in the Constitution:
Procedural/Institutional
Individual Rights

Having watched the rampant destruction of the latter under the last few presidencies, I find it adorable that you think we should be flustered over a candidate who might turn his eyes towards the procedural/institutional stuff...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

But the Judeo-Christian ethos is founded in a much more egalitarian sense whose basis is not nearly so misogynistic...

Not nearly? Our founding fathers not only owned people - they bred women the same way they bred their cattle

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

...I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office.

Muslim followers of Islam are dedicated to a Ideological, political, social, militaristic model of government... the theology is an unlimited war-battle against non Islamists.... that is not a 'religion' .... Article VI Does NOT Apply

The Christian Domionists believe in the same thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ben Carson as Wacko as we Thought

The glaring irony of Carson arguing that a Muslim should not be president simply because of his or her faith is that his position is what’s actually incompatible with the Constitution. Carson is calling for a religious test for the presidency. But that’s expressly banned by Article VI of the Constitution, which provides that “no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Carson with this statement has excluded any intelligent people from supporting him.

This statement is either one of a bigot or supremely ignorant person…

He’s not fit to be in any office and certainly not president.

If this were Trump the MSM would be goading him to apologize

Carson gets a pass because some people have a naïve romantic view of him for some reason...citizen politician and all that stuff...but even so the citizen politician has to have some sense.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Willtell

Ben Carson, imo, is not qualified to be president because of his lack of intelligence, understanding, and his oversized ego and this statement, among others, proves it.

Lack of intelligence? The guy was a top neurosurgeon....He was the first man to separate conjoined twins at the head, EVER.......no offense but how can you even begin to insult someones intelligence with the credentials he has

And his oversized ego? The guy is a human tranquilizer dart, when and where has this "ego" been present?

He might not be as eloquent as many of the others, but there is no debate about the guys intellect IMHO

I am actually going to agree with you on this one. Ben Carson, I believe, is out of his league, and has not idea how to handle politics. Think affirmative action in the republican party.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join