It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Hows that after all we have a muslim in the white house forcing nuns to buy birth control ?l

Ya cuz one's religion is determined by his skin color. Hurr durr.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

Hows that after all we have a muslim in the white house forcing nuns to buy birth control ?l

Apparently it is.

Since one can't criticism Islam without being called 'racist'.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ok now I'm going to have to ask you to quote the hatred & viciousness because I gave you the benefit of the doubt and repeated the word "radical" but I also put Christian in inverted commas as if to excercise my sarcasm that they're anything to do with Christianity.

What Christian did I "judge"...

Aside from the fact that I can judge whoever I like, that's beside the point.

Quote me please.

(Don't leave out the word radical nor the inverted commas).
edit on 20-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh yes he did.

The Bush Administration has been quietly nurturing individuals and parties opposed to the Syrian government in an effort to undermine the regime of President Bashar Assad. Parts of the scheme are outlined in a classified, two-page document that says that the U.S. already is "supporting regular meetings of internal and diaspora Syrian activists" in Europe. The document bluntly expresses the hope that "these meetings will facilitate a more coherent strategy and plan of actions for all anti-Assad activists."

The proposal says part of the effort would be run through a foundation operated by Amar Abdulhamid, a Washington-based member of a Syrian umbrella opposition group known as the National Salvation Front (NSF). The Front includes the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamist organization that for decades supported the violent overthrow of the Syrian government, but now says it seeks peaceful, democratic reform. (In Syria, however, membership in the Brotherhood is still punishable by death.) Another member of the NSF is Abdul Halim Khaddam, a former high-ranking Syrian official and Assad family loyalist who recently went into exile after a political clash with the regime. Representatives of the National Salvation Front, including Abdulhamid, were accorded at least two meetings earlier this year at the White House, which described the sessions as exploratory. Since then, the National Salvation Front has said it intends to open an office in Washington in the near future.

Time Magazine (2006)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You can do it all you want.
If some one calls you racist for criticism alone they are wrong.

I do think people say racist things and try and act like it is just criticism though and that is where you will get called out.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Some of you are literally too stupid to respond to.

That may be elitist, but I earned it by default when you all started talking gobbledygook.

No hatred...

Yes Carson is more than welcome to his opinion, I think most Christians would prefer a Christian POTUS on either side of the spectrum.

Oh defending the Christian, how hatefilled...

But what should be more apparent to you Statesmen is that the Law of the Land is your COTUS, not the Bible or Gospels or selective quotes from Jesus (pbuh)...

That was the founders idea... Secularism.

Spot on charlie, well said...

& so it should stay, because I pray hope that if you do become a theocracy it isn't those radical "Christians", historically Earth's most abhorrent lumps of flesh and bone.

They'd make extreme Shariah Law look like nothing when your daughters are sold for cattle, or when your scientists are being hung drawn and quartered for postulating any theory outside of The Church's decree...

You'd pray for Shariah at that point so you could decapitate the despotic Priests who would be taxing your money to spend it on African diamonds while simultaneously burning witches at the Stake like they still do in Brazil & Africa.

Inverted commas, how viscous...

& make no mistake, 99% of you Christians would be deemed heretics.

Then you'd be praying to pay Jizya for Muslim protection.

What a hatefilled opinion...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You can do it all you want. If some one calls you racist for criticism alone they are wrong.

I know they are wrong because they don't know what the word means.

I do think people say racist things and try and act like it is just criticism though and that is where you will get called out.

If people actually bother to READ what I have been saying for the last 5 years. It's about IDEOLOGY, and that has jack snip to do with someone skin color.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Ok now I'm going to hear to ask you to quote the hatred & viciousness because I have the benefit of the doubt and repeated the word "radical" but I also put Christian in inverted commas as if to excercise my sarcasm that they're anything to do with Christianity.

What Christian did I "judge"...

Aside from the fact that I can judge whoever I like, that's beside the point.

Quote me please.

(Don't leave out the word radical nor the inverted commas).

You always fall right in line with the Progressive left in my country. Always agreeing with them, always jumping on their anti Christian band wagon, and quite frankly with you being a Muslim? I find it very strange that you feel that way. I get it that as a Muslim, Christianity is a threat, but you do realize that once the Progressives destroy any freedom that Christians have, YOUR NEXT?

I was trying to be nice, but since you decided you can judge anyone you like, don't expect me to be naïve enough to not judging you in the future. When it comes to religion, I respect those who believe whether or not I do, and whether your Christian or Muslim, I will call you out for being a hypocrite for hating others who have a different faith than you. Freedom of Religion, doesn't specify what religion you believe in.

I am not like Obama. When I am provoked to draw a line, I draw it!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What about Huckabee. Would this Christian fanatic not try to emasculate the constitution with his anti-gay marriage agenda?

Anti abortion unconstitutional addenda?

The Lords prayer in schools folks?

Imagine him as president with Kim Davis distorting the constitution…never happen.

So that the American people, even as dumb as they are, would never likely elect any religious fanatic from any religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Time Magazine is about as credible as the Onion.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying:

Time Magazine wanted to award Hitler for 'Man of the Year'.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: whoops

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I know they are wrong because they don't know what the word means.

Then stop playing victim and acting like you can't speak.

If people actually bother to READ what I have been saying for the last 5 years. It's about IDEOLOGY, and that has jack snip to do with someone skin color.

Doesn't mean what you said can't be bigoted just because you are talking ideology.
If you paint people all as one based on a few you are wrong.

Not saying you are or have.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

Apparently it is.

Since one can't criticism Islam without being called 'racist'.

Saying someone belongs to a religion based on nothing other than the color of his skin isn't a criticism of islam. Lol.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Doesn't mean what you said can't be bigoted just because you are talking ideology.

And the point is?

Wouldn't make me different than anyone else around here because everyone is a BIGOT.

There is NO one without that sin.

Some people hate democrats.

Some people hate republicans.

Some people hate bankers.

Some people hate gun owners.

Some people hate corporations.

Some people hate the climate is changing.

Let HE who is without sin cast the first stone.
edit on 20-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not everyone is a bigot lol. Talk about painting with a broad brush. Your qualities do not automatically apply to everyone else no matter how much you think they do.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not everyone is a bigot lol. Talk about painting with a broad brush. Your qualities do not automatically apply to everyone else no matter how much you think they do.

Yeah EVERYONE is a BIGOT.

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

www.merriam-webster.com...

Now if certain people think that only pertains to 'race'.

They are sadly misinformed.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I don't strongly dislike or hate anyone, I think you're just trying to justify your own bad qualities to yourself. Posting the definition of a word doesn't automatically mean everyone is that word, sorry.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yeah EVERYONE is a BIGOT.

: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

www.merriam-webster.com...

Now if certain people think that only pertains to 'race'.

They are sadly misinformed.

Broadening the meaning of bigotry so that you feel comfortable being a bigot. Nice.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

To thine own self be true.

I know I am not perfect like the left.

I know I have faults.

What the Carson critics need to wrap their heads around is the FACT they are NO better.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So you can't quote me because you know I used sarcasm and you won't answer my questions because I've already answered them...

Great.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If Ben Carson can't support a Muslim as President, then he has no basis for running for President.

The ONLY duty that a President swears to is "to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God". It's the ONLY thing that they swear to do as President in the Oath of Office.

If Carson isn't willing to respect the Constitutional rights of EVERY American (and people inside America), then he has no business being President, and needs to quit.

They don't swear to protect America, or defend America, or protect American people.

The full statement is " “I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Under the Constitution, the only rules for being President is that you be over 35, an American Citizen at Birth, and lived in the USA for over 14 years. Anyone who meets these requirements is eligible for the Office of President of the United States.

If Ben Carson thinks being a Muslim disqualifies you, he should quit, immediately, because he has demonstrated that he has a willingness NOT to defend the Constitution, before he even takes office.

If he can't apply the Constitution to ALL people inside the United States, then he should quit. And yes, the Constitution applies to anyone inside the United States (legally or not), it does NOT apply to Americans abroad, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join