It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Allah is not the moon god.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.loonwatch.com...
Pedo's were in the bible too, it was a barbaric time when PEOPLE wrote these books and we as people did horrible things.
www.dailykos.com...

To reiterate, no one is denying that they were religious or deist, but the idea that the nation is founded on chrisitan principles is false. I showed you the treaty that was signed and passed by the same people you speak of.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And I'm giving my opinion on his opinion. Someone that doesn't understand the Constitution shouldn't be President.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They use religion to pander to their base just as Democrats pander to the poor!

Well since you went there.
Like the conservatives pander to the wealthy and xenophobes.

The point is that those parading or actually being Christian have been running this nation for a long time.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dazbog

You should do a thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Jesus people...our republic was founded upon the judeo Christian ethos....that is unarguable....but that fact is not even relevant....just thought I would give y'all a bit of historical context...

How many times does it have to be pointed out by using quotes of the Founders of this nation that this is simply not true?

If you get a chance read a book or two about the founders...I would suggest any biographies and you will gain insight into their belief systems.

I suggest you go back and read those books again. Yes some of the Founders were religious but they weren't stupid enough to mix religion with politics. Religion belongs in ones home and place of worship and that's it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

Hows that after all we have a muslim in the white house forcing nuns to buy birth control ?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Seriously, it is getting difficult to reply to your posts...are you intentially being obtuse?
Have you ever spent any time in the Muslim world country? Let me give you the Cliff's Notes…
It's not great to be a woman or a homosexual.... And using Wikipedia as a source is a bad idea.
It is well known in academic circles allah is the then modern manifestation through Muhamed's interpretation of the moon got of Arabia.
This is a tangential discussion and I will even yield to you the liberal belief that Allah is somehow different from the moon God( not withstanding the fact that Muslim still live their lives according to the moons phases )

And while the Bible and Jewish texts have pedophilia neither God nor Yahweh chose as its primary prophet a sociopathic pedophile who banged seven-year-olds.

Jesus, in fact, was(at most) a monogamist with an age appropriate partner but was likely celibate....
Unlike Muhamed and subsequent caliphates neither Jesus nor Moses Used young women as currency to buy support.
But the Judeo-Christian ethos is founded in a much more egalitarian sense whose basis is not nearly so misogynistic...

Seriously, can you honestly say that island-fascist states are more progressive than the high societies of the West whose principles are based in the judeo Christian ethos...

This is astounding I am having to explain this...
It truly is tantamount to trying to prove water is wet...

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I can't believe people still think Obama is Muslim... and that it would be a bad thing if he were. How do such people remember to breathe?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Allah is the God of Abraham, the God of Abraham is worshiped by Muslims, Christians and Jewish peoples.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What in the hell are you talking about neo? Obama isn't a Muslim and never claimed to be one. Just because he has an Islamic sounding name doesn't mean jack squat. He claims to be Christian, who are you to claim otherwise?

And stop it with the hyperbole, Obama isn't forcing ANYONE to buy birth control, much less nuns.
edit on 9/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Let's start with the federalist paper authors(Madison, Hamilton, jay) shall we....
On my nightstand is James Madison's biography(I'm halfway through)...he was devout and water is wet...
In my library are multiple volumes on everyone from jay and Hamilton to adams....again, water is wet..

Even biographies written by academics bent on liberal rewriting such as "his excellency" there is no denying washingtons immense faith....his belief in providence particularly....his excellency mocks it but unlike your ridiculous comments at least acknowledges it...water is wet...

How about this...give me one founder who was not raised with Christian sensibilities or as a non Christian...just one...I will give you a hint...there is not a single one

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I can't believe people still think Obama is Muslim... and that it would be a bad thing if he were. How do such people remember to breathe?

Gee I wonder WHY ?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Where are you people getting your sources?
Muhamed co-opted God of Abraham simply because he was an opportunistic warlord.
Or do you truly believe some magic being in the sky came down and told him to bang seven-year-olds and said "oh, by the way I'm also the same God as your mortal enemies, the Jews"....???

Jesus this is unbelievable....where did y'all go to school? I'm actually curious...

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Wiki is fine, saying it is a poor source is used by those that just don't want to agree with what is said.

Seriously, it is getting difficult to reply to your posts...are you intentially being obtuse?

Ditto.
It is not well known that Allah is a moon god, is is just an Arabic word, show me what academic circles think what you are saying.
Now if you want to get into the arbahmic religions as a whole being a branch off of pagan practices we can agree.

Seriously, can you honestly say that island-fascist states are more progressive than the high societies of the West whose principles are based in the judeo Christian ethos...

Not really no, would also depend on which countries, but that doesn't some how change what you are getting at.
That the nation was founded in religion.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How many times has this been refuted?

www.snopes.com...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: You mentioned your Christian faith. Yesterday, you took after the Republicans for suggesting you have Muslim connections. Just a few minutes ago, Rick Davis, John McCain's campaign manager, said they've never done that. This is a false and cynical attempt to play victim.

SEN. OBAMA:
You know what, these guys love to throw a rock and hide their hands.

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: But the McCain campaign has never suggested you have Muslim connections.

SEN. OBAMA: No. No. No. But I don't think that when you look at what is being promulgated on Fox News, let's say, and Republican commentators who are closely allied to these folks ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: But John McCain said that's wrong.

SEN. OBAMA: Listen, you and I both know that the minute that Governor Palin was forced to talk about her daughter, I immediately said that's off limits. And ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: And John McCain said the same thing about questioning your faith.

SEN. OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin. Let's not play games. What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith ...

That last sentence was a straightforward statement: Senator Obama was not proclaiming his "Muslim faith"; he was acknowledging that Republican nominee John McCain had not specifically promulgated the false rumor that he (Obama) was a Muslim.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Some of you are literally too stupid to respond to.

That may be elitist, but I earned it by default when you all started talking gobbledygook.

Yes Carson is more than welcome to his opinion, I think most Christians would prefer a Christian POTUS on either side of the spectrum.

But what should be more apparent to you Statesmen is that the Law of the Land is your COTUS, not the Bible or Gospels or selective quotes from Jesus (pbuh)...

That was the founders idea... Secularism.

& so it should stay, because I pray hope that if you do become a theocracy it isn't those radical "Christians", historically Earth's most abhorrent lumps of flesh and bone.

They'd make extreme Shariah Law look like nothing when your daughters are sold for cattle, or when your scientists are being hung drawn and quartered for postulating any theory outside of The Church's decree...

You'd pray for Shariah at that point so you could decapitate the despotic Priests who would be taxing your money to spend it on African diamonds while simultaneously burning witches at the Stake like they still do in Brazil & Africa.

& make no mistake, 99% of you Christians would be deemed heretics.

Then you'd be praying to pay Jizya for Muslim protection.

What a tangent...

TL;DR
You're as stupid as can be, Carson is cool, and I hope you don't end up with a theocracy amidst this bigotry.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So you've never accidentally used a word instead of the one you meant to? If we look back on the interview I guarantee Obama being accused of being a Muslim was part of the conversation. But it's easier to use a small sound bite that confirms your presuppositions I suppose.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Where are you people getting your sources?
Muhamed co-opted God of Abraham simply because he was an opportunistic warlord.
Or do you truly believe some magic being in the sky came down and told him to bang seven-year-olds and said "oh, by the way I'm also the same God as your mortal enemies, the Jews"....???

Jesus this is unbelievable....where did y'all go to school? I'm actually curious...

-Christosterone

You learned all that in school?

Are you mistaken school for www.answeringislam.com?

Give it a rest.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You get the conversation was about him being accused (as if it were a crime or wrong) of being Muslim, right?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Tell me why Jefferson had an unedited personal copy of the Quran...

Also explain to me why Muhammad (pbuh) was given a placard and wall carving with the header "one of histories finest Law givers" at the Supreme Court...

AllahuAkbar, indeed.
edit on 20-9-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join