It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He didn't advocate any law banning it, he simply presented a personal opinion. I see nothing wrong with him being honest.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sorry Dr. Carson that boat has already sailed.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care what his opinion is regarding taxes....it is simply an opinion.
Liberals are absolutely vitriolic when defending any speech they deem "appropriate" and "tolerant."
But the moment speech which they view as loathsome is voiced then it is met with contempt and outrage.

American Liberals have to be the most easily offended group on earth.....but it stands to reason that people who live inthe greatest society mankind has ever mustered would be spoiled brats with no undrstanding of history...let alone their penchant for hypocrisy when it comes to "free speech."

Jesus people...our republic was founded upon the judeo Christian ethos....that is unarguable....but that fact is not even relevant....just thought I would give y'all a bit of historical context...

If you get a chance read a book or two about the founders...I would suggest any biographies and you will gain insight into their belief systems....

All that notwithstanding the fact that dr Carson merely opined a non-liberal view and for that he will be crucified to no small irony...

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone
Why even call the Liberals anymore? They are full blown Communist now!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well it seems you are the one that is tiffed here.
No one has been talking about being offended or really up in arms at all.
Again disagreement is not outrage.

Seems like anytime people speak out against things, they are met with "You need to shut your mouth and get over it"

Talk about trying to silence.

Jesus people...our republic was founded upon the judeo Christian ethos....that is unarguable....but that fact is not even relevant....just thought I would give y'all a bit of historical context...

This is funny, when you want to talk about not understanding history but come out with this.
The founders were clear.
www.nobeliefs.com...
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 14:36:40 -0500America/Chicago920154080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Who was Jefferson referring to in the Declaration of Independence when he said "endowed by their creator"....???
I'm pretty sure it wasn't allah...

Please enlighten me as this is the seminal document upon which our revolution would be based...

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Allah is just the Arabic word for God first off, the more you know. So yes if you want to say the creator is god it would be the same god as in Islamic tradition, all the Abrahamic religions have the same god
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here go have a blast.

The treaty was a routine diplomatic agreement and was later replaced. It has attracted attention in recent decades because of a clause stating that "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Pretty cut and dry.

Were some of the founders religious? Sure, but also knew the importance of a secular nation .

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, that just solidified my vote not going to Carson. Not that I was going to vote for him anyways or vote at all for that matter, but apparently today's politicians think America can only be run by Christians. How's that idea been working out so far?

As long as a president follows the Constitution and is for the PEOPLE and not corporations, who cares what religion they are? This shows the ignorance of Carson and probably the majority of the candidates we have left. Christians have been doing a piss poor job at running our country so far, so why would a Muslim somehow be any worse?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Too Late

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jesus either since Jefferson was most likely a deist. He even published a bible with all of Jesus' miracles taken out.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Well, that just solidified my vote not going to Carson. Not that I was going to vote for him anyways or vote at all for that matter, but apparently today's politicians think America can only be run by Christians. How's that idea been working out so far?

As long as a president follows the Constitution and is for the PEOPLE and not corporations, who cares what religion they are? This shows the ignorance of Carson and probably the majority of the candidates we have left. Christians have been doing a piss poor job at running our country so far, so why would a Muslim somehow be any worse?

The only GOD our politicians believe in is GoldOILDrugs! If you really think Christians have been in charge of this country, you must still believe there is a difference between the Democratic and Republican parties...

Nevertheless, I do find it odd that those who don't believe in God, choose to only bash Christianity while giving Islam a pass. Still trying to wrap my head around that one.......

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've written and deleted several paragraphs in this reply, and with the completion of each one, I would read it and shake my head in disgust.

All I have to say with regard to this topic is: This society gets more pathetic with each passing day, and my desire to separate myself from it grows accordingly.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No one gives Islam a pass, we just don't have to deal with our politicians trying to use it to justify their stances like we do with Christianity.

All organized religion that creates fundies is bad.

People who feign Christianity, if they actually believe it or not sure is questionable, run this country.
When was the last time any politician or president openly came out as anything but Christian?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No one gives Islam a pass, we just don't have to deal with our politicians trying to use it to justify their stances like we do with Christianity.

All organized religion that creates fundies is bad.

People who feign Christianity, if they actually believe it or not sure is questionable, run this country.
When was the last time any politician or president openly came out as anything but Christian?

But see? I don't believe them! They use religion to pander to their base just as Democrats pander to the poor! Those of you who focus on lies are the problem! Politicians.............LIE!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the God of Abraham didn't want his "prophet" to bang 7 year old children.
Call me crazy but marrying a 6 year old seems kinda wrong ...
So I'm gonna stick with my initial interpretation that Jefferson was not referring to the moon God of Arabia(Allah) whose primary voice was a sociopathic pedophile with 7th century warlord sensibilities.....

To reiterate, Jefferson and every single founder of the us constitution to a man was a student of the judeo Christian ethos....this is inarguable....
I mean seriously, read a book on the founders ...I beg you

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The politicians and presidents who have been running this country claim to be Christian the majority of the time. Whether they are truly Christians or not is not up for me to decide, I was only pointing out they have claimed to be Christians and have run the country into the ground. Would a Muslim be any better? Probably not, but could he be any worse? No.

And I agree, both parties are the same. It's all a bunch of bull# and a charade. What I was pointing out is that Carson seems to be putting his personal beliefs before what would be good for the country. I don't care what religion he's a part of.
edit on 9/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The politicians and presidents who have been running this country claim to be Christian the majority of the time. Whether they are truly Christians or not is not up for me to decide, I was only pointing out they have claimed to be Christians and have run the country into the ground. Would a Muslim be any better? Probably not, but could he be any worse? No.

And I agree, both parties are the same. It's all a bunch of bull# and a charade.

I am definitely not PC by any means with my words. So therefore due to todays political environment I may come across as insulting? I agree with you!

I would just rather be real and say what I mean without worrying about hurting someone's feelings. For me to do that, would make me fake.

Just the way I grew up and the way I choose to be.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

The constitution is just a word to these people, used to help people get all riled up and patriotic. What they really want is a theocracy. They don't care about the constitution and its principles.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Kali74
I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

The constitution is just a word to these people, used to help people get all riled up and patriotic. What they really want is a theocracy. They don't care about the constitution and its principles.

How is the Constitution to the PC crowd? Changing speech, using McCarthyism to shut down businesses and make people lose their jobs?

Seems to me the Constitution in our government today is only used to benefit an ideology versus a standard of law! That goes to BOTH parties and it's worshippers.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

But it isn't the Muslim religion at work in this bit.. It's POLITICALLY MOTIVEATED garbage and propaganda that is MASQUERADING AS RELIGION.

So there are no true Muslims?

Otherwise you would not see so much war, argument and vitriol filled accusations against enemies of these Muslim nations

I wonder how it all began...

that are harboring Islamist militants who then get the old MSM here and there to print the necessary words so you keep buying into it all being religion.

Yep, there's Islamic extremists... I don't think anyone denies that, I don't bundle it into the Islamic religion though, I just call them manipulators, exploiters, extremists and murderers... but these things aren't exclusive to one type of extremist, they are the tools of all extremists, including Christians.

Is it religion that says you can use a baby for a human shield?, or does religion guarantee these so call Muslim activists can build bombs and tools the need for Holy War?

David Koresh thought so as well as numerous other Christian extremists like Timothy McVeigh... bad people of every religion to ever exist has done these awful things.

I wonder why we keep on insisting on giving them all the propaganda they need in which to manipulate and exploit their own people with. What are we even doing over there besides creating more terrorists so that our defense contractors will keep donating to their pet politicians? And yes Obama is just as guilty as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan on back to when we first discovered there was so much oil in that part of the world.

Even Obama has supplied the most militant ones with money and arms because Obama is acting the part of a Muslim

Bush Jr. started that, Obama has continued. Acting the part of a Muslim? I don't get what you are saying here.

and the US presidency is no place for a Muslim pretender, or a genuine Muslim when they would exploit the position to wage holy war,

Why would a genuine Muslim exploit their position and wage Holy war?

How many fake Muslim bombers have the FBI created, tagged and bagged claiming success against the war on terror? Answer: ALL OF THEM.

Can't disagree there. That's fact... that doesn't explain why you would be so against a Muslim President though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join