It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ben Carson, hit the headlines on Sunday after he told NBC TV that Muslims were unfit to be president.

He might be on to something. Look how it turned out with Obama.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

His ignorant statements speaks for themselves.

Also when he claimed to be a humble Christian better than Trump was also an ignorant act which illustrates his ignorance of religion

People can only be judged by what they say and do.

Just because he’s a credentialed genius at surgery doesn’t mean he can’t be ignorant in other fields

Sure he may be a great surgeon and thinks he can take that to the moral and political world but that idea in itself is very problematic.

He has to prove himself based on his actions as a politician

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: St Udio

Your talking about the ISIS version of Islam

You could be describing a militant Jew or Christian as well.

It all depends on whether you have a religious literalist fundamentalist, jihadist Muslim who wants to impose Islam on the country.

Many Christian denominations want to do the same thing

A moderate Muslim like SISI of Egypt, Sadat, or the present Jordanian leader are all moderates Muslims who could very well be president if they were native born citizens.

There are many American Muslims who could be president who are not jihadist fundamentalist

i know plenty of moderate muslims, but one fact remains........Almost half the muslims polled in the US are FOR Sharia law......

The tenants of Islam, traditionally are not separable.........It IS a religious , political, and social doctrine.....

Everything in Islam is to be directed by the Quran and the Hadith, which dictates that the law of the land is Sharia, and the political system should fall in line as such......

The Center for Security Policy (CSP) has released the results of a poll showing alarmingly high levels of support for sharia law and violence among the American Muslim community.

According to the nationwide survey, "significant minorities embrace supremacist notions that could pose a threat to America's security and its constitutional form of government."

A majority (51 percent) of Muslims surveyed said they "should have the choice of being governed according to shariah."

Almost 30 percent of American Muslims believe it is legitimate to use violence "against those that insult the prophet Muhammad, the Qur'an, or Islamic faith.

now I agree there are muslims who are for a reformation of Islam that doesnt include Sharia, however the percentages are pretty astounding ....

the numbers say youre wrong

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

His ignorant statements speaks for themselves.

Also when he claimed to be a humble Christian better than Trump was also an ignorant act which illustrates his ignorance of religion

I would agree with him, his private life and the way he carries himself would indeed lead me to believe that hes more of a humbler Christian then Trump is.......

Trumps own comments about his faith lead me to believe he has no idea what the hell the tenants of his faith dictate , nor does he follow them.....

So I agree with Carson

People can only be judged by what they say and do.

Then there again he would be right when it comes to trump

Just because he’s a credentialed genius at surgery doesn’t mean he can’t be ignorant in other fields

There is a difference between being ignorant and lacking intelligence, they are not mutually exclusive, I also see that you edited your post after I addressed it......

I feel thats intellectually dishonest as well......

He has to prove himself based on his actions as a politician

Thats just it, hes not a politician........do you actually KNOW anything about this guy are you just going off the cuff here?
edit on 9/20/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All he had to say is this:

No militant, jihadist Muslim can be president of the US.

Of course no member of Westbury Baptist church either can be president either

or

No member of the Jewish Defense league

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Ya the CSP says that, do you know the information on the study?
en.wikipedia.org...

I can find bias articles too!
www.politicususa.com...

ETA:
Here is your 'study', lets not spread bs.
bridge.georgetown.edu...

600 people speaks for all?
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 13:14:03 -0500America/Chicago920150380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The tenants of Islam, traditionally are not separable.........It IS a religious , political, and social doctrine.....

This is blatantly false.

Islam just like Judaism and Christianity has its extreme and moderate elements

As for that Islam is a total system well so was the Catholic Church and Judaism in history, Islam is nothing unique.

You had a very secular Turkey when Ataturk was leading Turkey from the Caliphate to modern secular Turkey.

Iraq was a secular Islamic country before the US invaded it

Egypt is an Islamic secular country

And finally what you don’t know is that the SHARIAH teaches Muslims to OBEY THE LAWS OF NON ISLAMIC COUNTRIES that they live in....THEY ARE OBLIGATED BY THE SHARIAH TO DO THAT

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
He may be a neurosurgeon,but he lacks common sense..Btw,Carson has the charisma of a gnat..

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The Center for Security Policy (CSP) has released the results of a poll showing alarmingly high levels of support for sharia law and violence among the American Muslim community.

An "opt-in" poll? Seriously?

Surveys based on self-selected volunteers such as opt-in online polls do not have such a ‘grounded statistical tie’ to the population. As a result, estimates from self-selected volunteers are subject to unknown error that cannot be measured.

www.aapor.org...

In other words, the poll is useless. Like an ATS poll on what people think about anything would be.

edit on 9/20/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Sure, a loud uproar over how Obama was gonna come take our guns for sure now....

Anyway, maybe you can answer a simple question: Is Carson right, or wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Poor old Ben is just trying to compete and stay relevant in the election circus. He see's the Donalds success and is just parroting back the accepted BS that has become the new electioneering norm. Scapegoating....
Ben will be toast by Xmas due to lack of a money sponsor like the Koch bros.

Let's all just sit back and enjoy the show. Jeb has already been selected anyway....

edit....I think it will be a long, long time until another black man is elected POTUS. A large segment of Americans have become more racist, not less, because of Obama's presidency.

edit on 20-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Islam isn't a religion? And you wrote Jurassic Park, right?

LOL!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Ben Carson, hit the headlines on Sunday after he told NBC TV that Muslims were unfit to be president.

He might be on to something. Look how it turned out with Obama.

Im glad Carson said it. I don't think a Muslim should lead a country with a Judeo-Christian Majority. I really don't care if that's racist or if if it offends! It's hard enough keeping the seperation of church and state with a Christian! It would be impossible to so with a Muslim leader in this country! As mentioned Islam is and more then theological!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
BBC

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," he told NBC's Meet The Press.

One of the business mogul's main opponents, Ben Carson, hit the headlines on Sunday after he told NBC TV that Muslims were unfit to be president.

I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

Shame on you Doctor.

But it isn't the Muslim religion at work in this bit..
It's POLITICALLY MOTIVEATED garbage and propaganda that is MASQUERADING AS RELIGION.
Otherwise you would not see so much war, argument and vitriol filled accusations against enemies of these Muslim nations that are harboring Islamist militants who then get the old MSM here and there to print the necessary words so you keep buying into it all being religion.
Is it religion that says you can use a baby for a human shield?, or does religion guarantee these so call Muslim activists can build bombs and tools the need for Holy War? Even Obama has supplied the most militant ones with money and arms because Obama is acting the part of a Muslim, and the US presidency is no place for a Muslim pretender, or a genuine Muslim when they would exploit the position to wage holy war, which is any war they can make up about anyone and then blame it on their religion for making it a necessity.

The only problem with that is, the actual religion doesn't allow these people to do all these crimes, and it is very transparent that these people are as dirty as the rats they share tents and caves with and are not even abiding by anything resembling any religion anyways. If you don't follow religion, then don't blame your actions on religion. When they do, it is so obvious that even Eric Holder could understand most of it.

And what part of the Muslim religion has Obama NOT exploited yet for political theater and gain?, even though his actions are leading the world backwards hundreds of paces , for every pace it goes forward. Has it gone forward lately?. What freedoms did we get back that we lost under the last 2 presidents?
How many fake Muslim bombers have the FBI created, tagged and bagged claiming success against the war on terror?
Answer: ALL OF THEM..
Not one real terrorist caught ever. Just the ones the FBI nagged under hypnosis and interrogation until they got pissed off and tried building a bomb using backing soda and other inert materials which was so thoughtful of our Federal Bureau of "Instigation"
Hey FBI: Can I play too? I need money!
Claiming success for creating the worlds stupidest terrorists shouldn't be happening, you should instead have a reality show sitcom showing just how stupid the Muslim religion can be, and dangerous in the hands of the non religious, which covers most that we see in the news daily.

You know the situation is flux0r3d when they don't even try to hide their own stupidity by these blatant entrapment's and actually Coercing these people to break the law when they wouldn't have done it without being badgered by feds to do so. So no real crime happened because of that entrapment. That is how the law is supposed to work.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't get this at all. Why should a Muslim not be a president?

From what I understand (not too much granted) of the American system of government, anyone who is a (born?) citizen, not a criminal and of good standing can be President, right? I mean more or less.

So then, if a Muslim could be President what is the problem, it is not as if the American political system allows for a president to arbitrarily dictate the future of the country against all public and political opinion, is it?

They would need an Islamic party to be in power for that, right?

edit on 20-9-2015 by Jonjonj because: capitals

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

According to the nationwide survey, "significant minorities embrace supremacist notions that could pose a threat to America's security and its constitutional form of government."

A majority (51 percent) of Muslims surveyed said they "should have the choice of being governed according to shariah."

Almost 30 percent of American Muslims believe it is legitimate to use violence "against those that insult the prophet Muhammad, the Qur'an, or Islamic faith.

now I agree there are muslims who are for a reformation of Islam that doesnt include Sharia, however the percentages are pretty astounding ....

the numbers say youre wrong

Many will often select a bias source to support their opinion. Unfortunately I believe you have picked a real Doozy.

www.sourcewatch.org...

Frank J. Gaffney, Jr.( Founder an Director ) has been called one of the "key ideologues who are the nerve center of the Islamophobia network" and is founder and president of the Center for Security Policy, a non-profit think tank "funded mainly by U.S. defence contractors, far-right foundations, and right-wing Zionists" [1][2] Gaffney is considered to be a "neo-con" (neo-conservative).

No big deal, we all do it from time to time. Finding a legitimate source without an agenda is frequently difficult.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree with Ben Carson.
Folks, you don't want those people cramming their religion down the public's throat. They will uphold that holy book over the Constitution...They'll probably want every politician to follow their one true faith and ridicule those who are not...To them women will never be equal to men, even deny some of their rights... They'll treat gay people as second class citizens...They even might invade countries because their one and only true God personally told them to do so...

Yep, I 100% agree with Ben Carson on this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I don't want a Muslim as president.....is that ok to have an opinion
Just me but I don't want someone who ascribes to a "religion" that would see my gay sibling stoned and my wife relegated to subjugation...
Dr. Carson is allowed to have opinions is he not?
Where did he say the presidency must have a litmus test???
All he did was state an opinion and cue the liberal attack machine to twist it into something it's not...

Settle down your outrage liberals....America allows people to have opinions whether they are in line with your liberal fascism or not....get over it

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Islam isn't a religion? And you wrote Jurassic Park, right?

LOL!

religion is the accepted catchphrase yes, but the designation is wrong... are Ninja a religious order ?

no.... I created the story premis 10 years before the Jurassic park movie script was created...
my 'story' was meant to be a life lesson not a sensationalized spoof for profit..... get your head straight

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Are people not allowed to have an opinion about what he said?

Disagreeing is not outrage, talk about twisting.

Just me but I don't want someone who ascribes to a "religion" that would see my gay sibling stoned and my wife relegated to subjugation...

Then you have a problem with every major religion.
The doc here wants his tax policy to come from the bible as well, talk about religious law.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join