It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hey Ben

We already have one geesh

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Then once they get a foothold in the court system, we are on our way. Presidents appoint federal judges and supreme court judges. I have always said, the appointment of judges is the MOST important power a sitting president has.

So, let me get this straight - you think that the Muslims are going to take over our country and change all the laws - legally?

edit on 9/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham Rebuke Ben Carson Over Anti-Muslim Comments

It's not every day that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) publicly breaks with one of his fellow Republican rivals for the presidential nomination. But the conservative firebrand did just that Sunday when he joined Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in rebuking Ben Carson after the famed neurosurgeon said the U.S. should not elect a Muslim president.

“You know, the Constitution specifies there shall be no religious test for public office and I am a constitutionalist,” Cruz said on Iowa public television. He also again declined to weigh in on President Barack Obama's faith, saying it was a matter between him and God.

Earlier Sunday, Graham reacted to Carson's remarks on Twitter by claiming the doctor "is not ready to be Commander-In-Chief. America is an idea, not owned by a particular religion."

The presidential hopeful further called on Carson to apologize to American Muslims, arguing that although Carson was a "good doctor," he was "clearly not prepared to lead a great nation."

When your own kind and group condemn you then one should fess up and admit to error...

Carson isn't ready for prime time and he exposed himself in his Sarah Palin moment
edit on 22-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Why do you think that couldn't happen?

I assume you believe there is a lack of motive, because capability is not the question.
edit on 22-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

lololololololol...

Seriously - stop - you guys are killing me

:-)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

so, you are saying that religious experiences are more accurately just behaviors of a Soldier ?
Muslims feel they are born into a soldier-for-Islam life...a life of duty to the voice of authority here in the world of flesh after all all Muslims are told their calling is to 'Submit' i.e. follow orders from the Imam (and hope for a moderate Imam instead of one bent on 'your' martyrdom and being an obedient Jihadist..(hopefully sans a custom tailored suicide vest)

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf, I am shocked at your position, shocked (in my best Casa Blanca dialect)

Yes, I am aware of this. And this is different from Ben Carson's Christian religion......how, exactly?

Let's see....Christians believe they are all soldiers in the "Lord's Army" on a war against Satan and the unbelievers who supposedly are his servants, follow their ministers and talking heads like Immam's, want to basically force the rest of us to submit to their belief system, are pushing for a religious dominated form of government that is openly hostile to women, gays, foreigners, and wishes to financially, socially and legally persecute them... want to wage war against non-existent enemies, also embraces martyrdom as a religious virtue. Hello. Did you ever read the Bible?

So, uh yeah, Islam sounds a lot like Christianity, and if Christianity is considered a religion, then Islam is logically one as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Skyfloating

Interesting Sky

So, you think that because it's a non-issue, (as you suggest) then saying you don't believe someone should be allowed to run is also a non-issue?

Who said they shouldn't be allowed to run? Carson didn't say that, so you clearly aren't basing that off of his words because that would be conveniently disingenuous. Carson said he wouldn't vote for one... a sentiment shared by many, many Americans. Live with it, it's reality.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
When your own kind and group condemn you then one should fess up and admit to error...

LMAO. These two jackasses are no more "Ben Carson's own kind" than Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton are. There's a faction within the GOP field that are attention whores. While not the front and center Attention Whorehouse Madam Donald Trump is, Cruz and Graham fit the bill of working girls quite well.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
“Anybody who is running for the president of the United States must embrace our Constitution. And they must place it above their personal beliefs.”

Says the man running for president - that does not embrace our constitution

Asked on “Meet the Press” by the NBC interviewer Chuck Todd if faith should matter to voters when deciding on a presidential candidate, Mr. Carson said it depended on what that faith is and if it is consistent with the Constitution. He said that Islam was not consistent and said: “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that.” “I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation,” Carson said in an interview televised on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday. “I absolutely would not agree with that.”[

Rebuked by Muslims, Democrats and several of his Republican rivals, Mr. Carson went on Fox News to try to explain himself more clearly.

“Absolutely, I stand by the comments,” Mr. Carson said on the “Hannity” program. “You know what we have to do is we have to recognize this is America and we have a Constitution and we do not put people at the leadership of our country whose faith might interfere with carrying out the duties of the Constitution.”

Mr. Carson also suggested that he would be open to supporting someone who was born Muslim but who renounced the religion

He never said this was just his opinion and he just wouldn't vote for one

He is quite clear - he would not advocate, he would ask that before being permitted - demanding that they renounce their religion before being allowed

What does that mean to you? It's more than just semantics

I want no part of an America that demands that someone renounce their beliefs before participating in our government

Our country was founded on certain things. Religion being separate from government is one of them. I can't think of anything more American - but, then - I'm sure many others could

When Carson asks that they must renounce their religion before being permitted to actually be American - he might just as well admit that he himself (presumably along with all Christians) is incapable of doing that - because Christianity is according to him - more American, and that in fact this country is a Christian country

It is what it is burdman - if he had actually said he wouldn't vote for a Muslim - he would still have problems - but not this kind of a problem

edit on 9/23/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I would not vote for one either, meaning a Muslim born with Arab ancestry, the same way that I would not vote for a Christian fundamentalist or born again Christian even if is of long American ancestry.

Religion is something that while it should never be an issue in politics is actually propagandized to generate votes from certain sectors of the population.

And Is plenty of so call religious groups from all sides of the spectrum that their purpose is to prop politicians in order to achieve favoritism in the name of laws for what they see as a win for their particular crusade in the name of their believes and in certain religious believes the constitution is a big stone wall to take down.

But with the right politician the sky is the limit.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Can anybody Name a politician that has not used religion to get votes from desirable groups of the population.

Forty-three individuals have served as Commander-in-Chief (Grover Cleveland held two non-consecutive terms). Based on birth and residence, they hail from only 18 of the 50 states. All have been male and, with the exception of Barack Obama, all have been white. And almost all claimed to be Protestant Christians. Only three were religiously unaffiliated–Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, and Andrew Johnson–though these men were spiritual in their own right.

British writer G.K Chesteron referred to America as “a nation with the soul of a church” and our country has always expected our president to be something of a moral guide. As the 20th Century journalist Theodore White noted, “The Presidency hovers over the popular American imagination almost as a sacerdotal office, a priestly role for which normal political standards are invalid.”

- See more at: jonathanmerritt.religionnews.com...

Religion in America is far detach from the constitutional entry of separation of church and state

Religion in America specially Christian religion is still very much at the top of the list in presidential candidates to be.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't see what is wrong with Carson not wanting to advocate for a muslim to be elected President. He can advocate for or against for anything he wants. It's a free country or is supposed to be. Strange question to ask really.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Danton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Danton

I would never vote for him, but I concur. He can state an opinion. And I think it is a legitimate question about that particular religion. I can't deny all that I have seen and heard about that particular religion all my 60+ years. Yes, christians are guilty with their fanatics too. But it is not christians who hate western values, it not christians strapping bombs to their kids and teaching to say "Alllah ......" whatever. I am considered a "liberal" on this site, but this is where I am independent.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

lololololololol...

Seriously - stop - you guys are killing me

Anyone ever tell you your posts embody the spirit of productive, reasoned debate?

To topic: any group of people is capable of infiltrating a Western nation and using its own democratic processes to influence change over time. The only thing up for debate is motive.
edit on 23-9-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: St Udio

so, you are saying that religious experiences are more accurately just behaviors of a Soldier ?
Muslims feel they are born into a soldier-for-Islam life...a life of duty to the voice of authority here in the world of flesh after all all Muslims are told their calling is to 'Submit' i.e. follow orders from the Imam (and hope for a moderate Imam instead of one bent on 'your' martyrdom and being an obedient Jihadist..(hopefully sans a custom tailored suicide vest)

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf, I am shocked at your position, shocked (in my best Casa Blanca dialect)

Yes, I am aware of this. And this is different from Ben Carson's Christian religion......how, exactly?

And another thing hardly anyone is talking about is that Carson is actually a Seventh Day Adventist (which some would consider a cult) and depending on how devout and/or literal he is means he adheres to a lot of beliefs not held by mainstream Christians.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Lo and behold, is that is true I have plenty to say about the Seventh day Adventist, I was born in a split household my mother was Catholic my father was you guess it Seventh day Adventist

I had so much religion in my life to come out of every orifice in my body.

Had to spend the entire weekends in church Saturdays in my fathers Church Sunday in my mother's Church.

That is why I support no religious organization today, what a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
He was asked for his OPINION, he gave it. Why does the media think that their OPINION is more valid? It is NOT.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Anyone ever tell you your posts embody the spirit of productive, reasoned debate?

Not lately

any group of people is capable of infiltrating a Western nation and using its own democratic processes to influence change over time. The only thing up for debate is motive.

With time - yes - all things change. This nuthouse that we still call America has changed a lot over time. Depending on who you ask... for the better, or for the worse. I think most reasonable people would agree that it's both. That's life

If you are going to try and sell me on some tired old version of American exceptionalism I'm really not in the mood

You want me to believe that Muslims will begin by joining the PTA or the Chamber of Commerce - gradually moving their way into law schools or what not - start getting themselves elected to president...and stuff. Next thing you know we got Muslims scooting into SCOTUS - and before you know it - we are all bowing to Mecca 5 times a day instead of tithing for Jesus?

Honestly...

Anybody who comes here to live, and work, and raise their families as a citizen has the right to try and change the system - same as you do. Or, do you not get how this works? What is it you're trying to protect? What are you willing to give up - to keep them out?

Would you like to round them all up, take their homes and belongings away from them and put them into camps?

It will be a while before I get over that photo - and this isn't even one of the worst stories out there

I am tired of answering the young people with whom I work – many of whom are Arab American, American Muslims and/or South Asian – when they ask me “Why do they hate us?” “How do we make them like us?”

At the risk of having my post removed - I have to say that people who think the way you do turn my stomach. If I thought you were capable of debate I would try a little harder

edit on 9/23/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
Now that th truth has been revealed about little Ahmed, you probably don't want to use him as your symbolic victim.

If you're "not really in the mood" to understand the topic, why keep posting?

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find the liberal and media outrage over this puzzling, seeing as how most left wingers/Democrats/liberals have a real problem with Christians in office and Christians in general. All Carson said was that he couldn't support a Muslim president. Whats the problem?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join