It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

So why do you think Kim Davis was vilified?!

Yes, that's exactly my point, so why would you defend someone who will put Islam and Sharia Law above the Constitution????? what utter hypocrisy!!!!

Who said I did? Please show me that.

Sounds like you think that since people were mad about Kim Davis then they would some how allow Sharia Law?

How does that logic work?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Boeing777

Nope, you're wrong. The Quran advocates the freedom of religion, there are no death sentences. This "convert or die" or "do it my way or you go to hell" mentality are nowhere to be found in the Quran either.

You obviously havent read the Hadith in conjuction with the Quran

You're free to disagree. Not my problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm not going to continue to try and explain this. Davis is vilified while you and others are defending exactly this behavior in a different religion while pretending to believe in "separation of church and state"... guess only when it suits peoples purposes

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So why do you think Kim Davis was vilified?!

Yes, that's exactly my point, so why would you defend someone who will put Islam and Sharia Law above the Constitution????? what utter hypocrisy!!!!

Who said I did? Please show me that.

Sounds like you think that since people were mad about Kim Davis then they would some how allow Sharia Law?

How does that logic work?

Was there some other reason why you are opposing my opinion?
Anyway Im done here and the liberal media has twisted Carson's statements. How sick and twisted it all is

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

No one is defending using Islam in our gov, because no one is doing it.

Sorry we don't get mad at the what if stuff only the stuff that is actually happening.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You might want to take a look around you at what is happening then. Just because daily kos isn't reporting it doesn't mean it's not there. In fact sites like daily kid deliberately misinform. It is the nature of the radical Left to obscure the truth. What do you think the KGB was doing all those years during the Cold War? I've quoted Valerie Jarrett and her intentions are clear. Apparently you won't take the hint even from an Iranian born communist. I also posted the example of Tim
Geothermal and the AIG sharia compliant taxpayer bailout. Besides who needs a Muslim Optus when we have a sympathizer whose right hand man is an Islamic communist guiding policy. You thought it's the GOP war hawks want war with Iran right now we have a full scale enabler who will find Iran and give them nuke capabities to fight war against us. No don't give me the daily kos version of things
edit on 22-9-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What a complete non-issue. A muslim getting the vote in the U.S. is about as probable as a Christian getting the vote in Turkey. Let's talk again in 200 years.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

What are you talking about? Valerie Jarrett is already walking about the WH making policy. The only reason it had come up now is because the Left is just trying to make the American public perceive conservatives as religious bigots. Why wasn't this asked of democrats in 2008?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think Muslums are expressly good at a couple things, one is following their Koran , in so much as they are willing to be a martyr or sacrifice their life to follow and institute their faith. And Bloodlust.

Neither needs much explanation.

And neither is understood much beyond being some meaning denoting terrorism/terrorist. No singular group can rule an entire nation unquestioned, and that's what Islam seeks..... a Caliphate.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
For general info

The Quran says explicitly

“Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error.

(Quran 2:256)

DO I have to again, as I have don’t many times, bring up Muhammad telling Muslims to protect the Christian monks....

The Quran actually gives to Christian monks praise for their humility.

ALL religions have and always will produce the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly as is the nature of humans!

Carson's statement was ugly

Thats the early part of the Quran, the way the quran is written, is that you are to take its later verses as the rule to go by......

People still fail to, or refuse to recognize this.........as well as the Hadith

Qur'an (18:26) - "[Allah] maketh none to share in his government."

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the Bible Scriptures warn the reader to follow his advice...
no man can serve two masters: (Constitution or Islam in this case)... for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

IOW.... a person can be President and keep true his Oath of Office to protect & defend the Constitution and then be an Apostate Muslim on the side

BUT a devout Muslim having committed completely to Islam cannot be faithful to a Constitution or the Oath to protect and defend the USA OR Constitution, Government.... the two 'masters' in that persons' life are diametrically opposed to one another... Sharia Law and Constitutional Laws

buster2010 is correct that Any religion is in conterdiction with the US Constitution.... but the actual fact is that the Christian and Jewish religions make a case for the spiritual and mundane whereas radical-Jihad Islam does not differentiate the spiritual from the practical world... Jihad means mortal death to non-believers & not just a psychological exercise of conversion of the non-believer...
edit on nd30144294653122282015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
What a complete non-issue. A muslim getting the vote in the U.S. is about as probable as a Christian getting the vote in Turkey. Let's talk again in 200 years.

At the rate they are being brought in, and at the rate they reproduce, I don't think it will take 200 years. Then once they get a foothold in the court system, we are on our way. Presidents appoint federal judges and supreme court judges. I have always said, the appointment of judges is the MOST important power a sitting president has.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks like the crazy has taken over this thread...

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Jihad means struggle, the can simply mean personal struggle to get right.

You seem to be in the thought process that any and every Muslim is some fundie nut job.

That would be like me assuming all Catholics and Christians live by the OT.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I disagree that he could be describing a militant Jew or Christian. Neither the Bible nor the Tora claims to be the final word of God. Islam claims to be the be all and end all of God's word through Mohammed and everyone in the world has to bow down and become a Muslim. It gives Christians and Jews the opportunity to convert or pay a Jizyah tax but the choice for polytheists and idolaters is convert or die. The ISIS version of Islam is Islam and people need to wake up to this. Islam is very specific in that the world should stay in a perpetual state of war until all are converted.

Why do you think so many "Muslims" are fleeing from ISIS. It's because they are not true Muslims according to Islamic doctrine and as such ISIS considers them heretics that need to get with the true program of Islam or die. The western world continuing to hope that there is a moderate form of Islam will be its undoing. I don't expect any Muslims to reply with anything other than the usual Taqyia but for all those Islamic apologists and bleeding heart humanists that will inevitably respond I'll make a suggestion. Don't be so lazy to remain uneducated about Political Islam. Do not take a Humanist stance when defending this disgusting, misogynistic ideology without first researching it. You will soon find that Islam is not compatible with Humanism so Humanists need to make an exception in their thinking. that reply to: Willtell

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I know many Muslims too and have never had an issue with any of them. I do however, have an issue with Political Islam and this is why a huge number of Muslims leave their own countries. They want to get away from the fanatics who run their countries to a safer environment to practice their own version of Islam. This is where the issue arises; there is no such thing as moderate Muslims in the truest sense of the word. You cannot be a moderate Muslim according to Islamic doctrine. The ideology is totalitarian and very specific in how you should live every aspect of your life as a Muslim. This is what groups like ISIS are all about. Their final goal is to reintroduce a caliphate, convert everyone to Islam and rule according to the Koran and Hadith. Until then, as it is stated in the Koran, the world must be in a continuous state of war to convert the infidels (Dar al-Harb).

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What a complete non-issue.

Just to you. It's not a non-issue if you're a Muslim and live (and vote) in the United States

A muslim getting the vote in the U.S. is about as probable as a Christian getting the vote in Turkey.

Maybe - but a Christian that dislikes Muslims and doesn't understand the constitution of his own country being elected is much more likely

We all have differing opinions about which of those things is a problem

Hey Sky

:-)

edit on 9/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: more PC :-)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tendencies

I do however, have an issue with Political Islam...

I (and many others) have an issue (or two) with political Christianity. Especially in this country where our government is supposedly secular

...and this is why a huge number of Muslims leave their own countries.

Which is what this thread is all about. If you come to this country to live - and you are a citizen - you will never be president anyway

If a Muslim born in this country wanted to - they could run for president one day. Why shouldn't she or he be interested in how this country is run? The idiocy in all this is this idea people have that somehow a Muslim would not be like a real citizen. They could never fully appreciate what it means to be American - is incapable of practicing his faith and also working for the best interests of his country and all it's citizens

You know - like all the other presidents do :-)

In other words - it's not possible for a Muslim to behave like civilized people

You cannot be a moderate Muslim according to Islamic doctrine.

I've known many. How do you explain that? Most of them, as I mentioned earlier - are more knowledgeable about our government and history than your average non-Muslim citizen. All professionals - many with PhDs. Tax paying, America loving citizens...

This is what groups like ISIS are all about.

Do you believe that ISIS is a standard issue example of Islam? That the rest of the Muslim world (and that covers a lot of different regions, people - cultures - and variations on Islam) are all in favor of ISIS - and a caliphate?

This post reminds me of people who say they don't mind Jews - they just don't like Zionism

Whatever...

edit on 9/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Just to you. It's not a non-issue if you're a Muslim and live (and vote) in the United States

Not really. I`ve spent time in majority-muslim countries before and never expected or even wanted there to be a christian or secular leader. I want them to have a leader that represents their majority. I`d assume most people would consider that the to be a reasonable thing.
edit on 2015 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Interesting Sky

So, you think that because it's a non-issue, (as you suggest) then saying you don't believe someone should be allowed to run is also a non-issue?

Part of the beauty of being a citizen of these United States (even if it is more an idea than a reality) is that we are all equal in our citizenship (if nothing else)

The government is made up - of citizens. Our leaders? Also citizens

But, I see what you mean. When push comes to shove - some citizens are more equal than others

edit on 9/22/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join