It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

So why would a muslim president place this nation over his religion?

Why would a Christian?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

All the presidents in my lifetime have been christians. I am watching now how muslims govern their people. Are you impressed?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A muslim president will have problems with the US constitution and the laws in the US, due to the fact that American is a nation of laws, while Islam is a law on itself.

A Muslim have to follow his Islamic laws or else, it conflicts with constitutional laws.

He can not worship both.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

A muslim president will have problems with the US constitution and the laws in the US, due to the fact that American is a nation of laws, while Islam is a law on itself.

I'm pretty sick of this anti-Muslim asshattery

I've known a few Muslim men - and a couple of women too - that could explain the constitution to you madam - frontwards and backwards. They could explain a few things to you about history, law, science and justice too

They are people that understand the concept of for the people - by the people -better than you seem to understand it

They are citizens - they are patriots - and they could govern more evenly, justly - fairly - than many of the commenters here ever could, as evidenced by the ignorance of your last comment

Do you think Muslims are stupid? Ignorant? Barbarians? Are they less of a person than you?

Honestly - some of the comments I hear from people here at ATS - and from actual candidates for the highest office in this land - make me feel ashamed

Ignorant blathering nonsense

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I am willing to believe differently. I live sort of isolated, in a small community and am willing. But, somehow muslims must get a different message to communities like mine. I have not been in a religious building since I was a kid. Devoutness to a god I don't know scares me. I am pretty sure a christian prez would drop the bomb on other christians, but I don't know if a muslim would drop one on another muslim country. If that is ignorance, the good ones need to be louder and larger.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I am sure you will find those that are not followers of Islamic laws, in the US, but ask them if they will return to their country of origins, where is not other laws but Islam.

Obviously you fail to see that in the US you have converters that call themselves Muslim and practice their own version of Islam.

You have a lot to learn, about how Islam is worship in the middle east and the Muslims here in the US that never has been in the middle east and had created what the true middle eastern Muslim calls a bastardized version of Islam.

For that I will not call you ignorant just uninformed, I have more respect that you obviously have.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

He is confused about the practice of Islam in the US by converters and those that follow the Islam brought here from the countries of origin the first group never have been in the middle east and many are not born from Arabs Muslim.

Is understandable.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You have a lot to learn, about how Islam is worship in the middle east and the Muslims here in the US that never has been in the middle east and had created what the true middle eastern Muslim calls a bastardized version of Islam

Spare me your condescension marg - you have nothing to teach me - I've known a lot of Muslims. More than you I'm guessing

You know - there are more than a few people here at ATS that I don't always agree with - but I respect them, accept our differences - I've thought of them as being intelligent, reasonable human beings

You are among those people

I'm sorry to see that you will permit yourself this lazy, fear based kind of thinking

I saw a little boy in the news taken away in handcuffs last week - because of your kind of rhetoric

Other countries have done some unspeakable things - by permitting themselves to feel comfortable with this kind of nonsense

What you think you know is not enough Marg - educate yourself and let go of the fear

In the meantime - if you feel comfortable saying it - I feel more than comfortable calling you on it - and calling it what it is

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Then I have nothing to say to you, you are not for debate, you want a fight, to be honest, I am not interested in fighting with you.

Have a nice day, be well and prosper.

I'm sure you know a lot of Muslims I do too. Only converters, because the true Islam followers of Arab descents keep to themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
But what he said is true. Shariah law is incompatible with our Constitutional rights.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I get that he cant say something like that, because of the constitution.

Well he can say it because of the Constitution and we can give our opinions one way or the other on it because of the Constitution. My opinion is that he shouldn't be President because the notion is repugnant to the Constitution.

But, at the same time it is true. There are nations and economies in tatters because their religion is number one. Over their children's lives even.

Is that what you think is going on over in the Middle East? That we're shelling their nations and sending troops to their homes because they are trying to turn the world Muslim?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't know what is going on in the ME. I know we are going on decades now there. I know that we train and pay these Iraqi police or soldiers to keep Iraqi and americans safe. But I suppose sex slave is an expensive addiction.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

A Muslim have to follow his Islamic laws or else, it conflicts with constitutional laws.

He can not worship both.

That's just ignorance. Islam like Christianity directs it's followers to follow the laws of the nation they are living in.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
But what he said is true. Shariah law is incompatible with our Constitutional rights.

Just because a Muslim were to become President doesn't mean Sharia would automatically be enacted. Carson is the perfect example of a stupid smart person.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Yes, but the Constitution wasn't written in a time of Muslim Jihad against Americans, Christians, etc... If it was written during a period of Christian beheadings and whatnot, I'm sure it would have been written differently...

Would you really want a President in office with Muslim/Islamic views? Every move you made would have Islamic beliefs in mind.

That's just the way it is.

Would you put a fox in charge of guarding a hen house?
Would you put a wolf in the middle of a flock of sheep?
Would a fly dance on a spider's web?

You can be as sympathetic as you want, but the reality is the reality, all people who follow the Islamic religion aren't all bad, but even the slightest Islamic belief goes against what it is to be a free American. Whenever you see a woman wearing all black from head to toe they want to do this because they are not allowed to show skin because they are female, they have to walk around hiding from the world, because? They are a woman?

That is only the tip of the iceberg, there are many restrictions in the Islamic faith, and none of them are similar to freedom.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Ignorance? lol
If the President of the United States is sworn in he has to put his hand on the bible, are they going to bring out a Quran at the swearing in?

It begins there and balloons up exponentially.

Islam and the United States are incompatible.

Two opposites. It can't be any more clear than that...

edit on 9/21/2015 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

So citizens of the US, born here but are Muslim shouldn't have their full Constitutional rights?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac

You can be as sympathetic as you want, but the reality is the reality, all people who follow the Islamic religion aren't all bad, but even the slightest Islamic belief goes against what it is to be a free American. Whenever you see a woman wearing all black from head to toe they want to do this because they are not allowed to show skin because they are female, they have to walk around hiding from the world, because? They are a woman?

That is only the tip of the iceberg, there are many restrictions in the Islamic faith, and none of them are similar to freedom.

Nope, you're wrong. The Quran advocates the freedom of religion, there are no death sentences. This "convert or die" or "do it my way or you go to hell" mentality are nowhere to be found in the Quran either. So where are they from? They are found in hadith books. Hadith books are the alleged sayings of the Prophet written by Persian men centuries after the Prophets death. These books which have no credibility and are incompatible with Quranic teachings and defy logic have no place in this planet.

The burqa comes from hadith books. In the Quran, God encourages humankind to dress modestly and beautifully. Hadith books dehumanize woman to a point where they're just birth machines and sex toys and must cover from head to toe. Woman are described in hadith books as crooked and evil. There is no respect for life in hadith books. Dogs are seen as disgusting creatures and if it happens to be black, you have to kill it. I have two dogs and love them.

I will admit that mainstream Islam has drifted away from the true Islam derived from the Quran. There aren't many restrictions in the Quran. Alcohol isn't a sin, dogs are allowed, Music is allowed, drawings are allowed, 5 daily prayers isn't mandatory, free mixing with opposite gender isn't a sin. Oppressing or killing any living creature is a huge sin in the Quran. You cannot kill a dog just because its black, neither can you kill someone for disagreeing with you or because you don't like him/her
You cannot kill homosexuals or force someone into religion because there simply is no compulsion in religion hence making sharia law void. Sharia law is one of the greatest fallacies that crept into Islam through hadith books.

What you have a problem with is sectarian Islam and hadith books, not Islam. You need to learn to differentiate between these two religions. The real Islam from the Quran is polar opposite to the one practised by sectarians(Sunnis and shias).
Islam comes from the Quran, not hadith books.

Sharia Law is used to justify the stoning of adulterers, to justify capital punishment for those who choose to leave Islam, and to justify the whipping and imprisonment of Muslims who choose to drink alcohol. According to mainstream Muslims, Sharia Law is God’s law. The Quran, however, states, “There is no compulsion in religion.” Therefore, spirituality cannot be enforced through governmental or religious institutions.

The term, Sharia is Arabic for ‘path,’ meaning ‘the path to a spiritually fulfilling life.’ In the literal sense it means, “a path towards a source of life sustenance.” (In the context of 7th century desert Arabia, the birthplace of Islam, this idea of sustenance is understandingly linked to a path leading to a water-hole.) Understandably, this path means different roadways for different people. How do we take a morally sound path? This concept starts with the Quran’s mandate of reading the book for oneself, for using our God-given right to self-determination—our right to choose (see Quran 18:29 and 2:256). Individuals are expected to make their own moral choice to follow the Quran, or deviate from its path, but instead we have Sharia Law which forces us to follow the Quran!

Sharia Law in its current state is the antithesis of Sharia. It forces us to be herded like blind sheep. It takes away our right to make the moral decision which we are supposed to be rewarded for in the afterlife. Not only is the practice of Islam not supposed to be enforced, many aspects of Sharia Law is not based on teachings of the Quran.

How was Sharia Law developed? The laws compiled to make Sharia Law are a hybrid of pre-Islamic laws—such as stoning, which is rooted in Jewish laws—secular laws, social norms, and—depending on where you put your finger in history—laws of colonialists.

Not only is Sharia Law an extrapolation of the Quran and Hadith (A collection of sayings and actions claimed to be that of the Prophet and compiled two hundred years after his death), but its enforcement is inconsistent and based on different cultural interpretations. If Sharia Law is God’s law, then why is it enforced differently in different Muslim-majority countries? For example, adultery in Sudan is punishable by stoning, while in Malaysia the adulterers are caned. If Sharia Law is based on Islam then why is there punishment for drinking alcohol when there is no such mandate in the Quran? Saudi Arabia is the perfect example of the distortion between Islam and politics. Sharia Law is used as a tool to assert control. Muslim governments (note I did not say Islamic governments) consolidate power by enforcing submission of their Muslim population in the name of religion. After all, who can argue with God’s law?

The fact remains that Sharia Law is a human construct, fabricated by politicians in partnership with religious Mullahs of the day for their own authoritarian political control.

A fact not often taught to Muslims is that Sharia Law did not exist during Prophet Muhammad’s life, nor did he create one. After all, the Quran is supposed to be the complete book. But look what we’ve done; the Quran and the Hadith now share equal billing!

To be fair to the Muslims of years gone by, the reason the Hadith was compiled was because they wanted to practice an Islam that was as close to that of Prophet Muhammad as possible. The initial sincerity cannot be discounted. But somehow, cultural traditions—like forced marriage and stoning—trumped the Quran’s teachings. Shouldn’t we draw the line when a hadith contradicts the Quran? “… Who is more evil than the one who fabricates lies and attributes them to God (Quran 29:68)?”

Does Sharia Law still sound like God’s law to you?

When a Muslim is imprisoned for expressing his ideas, and then accused of blasphemy against Islam and the Prophet, do you really think the Quran is being upheld? The soul of God is breathed into the fetus of every human being (Ruh, Quran 32:9). Do you think God approves of stoning someone to death when God values life over all else?

Next time Sharia Law is used to substantiate an unjust punishment, as a Muslim, please ask yourself, is Sharia Law truly Islamic?
misconceptions-about-islam.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ignorance? lol
If the President of the United States is sworn in he has to put his hand on the bible, are they going to bring out a Quran at the swearing in?

It begins there and balloons up exponentially.

Islam and the United States are incompatible.

Two opposites. It can't be any more clear than that...

What if the person being sworn in is a Jew, Atheist, Hindu or Buddhist? You must be a Christian in order to be sworn in as President. What happened to logic?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ignorance? lol
If the President of the United States is sworn in he has to put his hand on the bible,

Not true. It's just a tradition.

John Quincy Adams and Theodore Roosevelt didn't use Bibles.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join