It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson: No Muslims as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
BBC

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," he told NBC's Meet The Press.

One of the business mogul's main opponents, Ben Carson, hit the headlines on Sunday after he told NBC TV that Muslims were unfit to be president.

I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office. Even if you never read much beyond the Rights deemed inalienable, Freedom of Religion ought to have this pretty well covered.

Shame on you Doctor.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Too late

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Lucky it's not up to Ben Carson, it's up to the American voters who will take the office.

That's after the electoral college gives the voter a choice.

So, actually, the American voters are at the mercy of the Electoral college to provide the right leader.

How's that going by the way?

Are you all happy...........or more pissed than ever?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Generally they go with the popular vote per state. I have no doubt there'd be major trouble if they didn't.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

More fake outrage and more divide and conquer!

I could give a damn if our next president worshipped Satan! As long as the SOB abided by the Constitution? I'm good!

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

He wouldn't vote for one. That is NOT the same as saying he would establish a law against putting one in office.

When all peace-loving Constitution-supporting muslims start openly and loudly condemning radical Islam, maybe Americans would get more comfortable with the idea. Very few muslims stand up and loudly and vociferously condemn their fellow muslims for any reason.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

When all peace-loving Constitution-supporting muslims start openly and loudly condemning radical Islam

Do you openly and loudly condemn radicals of your group?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Very few muslims stand up and loudly and vociferously condemn their fellow muslims for any reason.

Ah this old talk track.

We barely have peace loving people in the states period.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 12:36:34 -0500America/Chicago920153480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'd vote for a rabbit with porphyria-if said rabbit can get the job done then who's to object?

But then you'll get the on queue personal attacks such as 'Peter rabbit is a vampire' or 'peter rabbit is sucking the blood from taxpayers.'

Like sands through the hourglass...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Ah the old "but...but...but they did it, too."

You are so wrong. The reason the KKK is a laughing stock is because white Americans loudly and vociferously condemn them. When Roof killed those folks at the church, there was such a loud uproar that even a benign thing like a flag was attacked and hyperbolic screams were heard all across this country. That is how you do it.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

...I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office.

Muslim followers of Islam are dedicated to a Ideological, political, social, militaristic model of government... the theology is an unlimited war-battle against non Islamists.... that is not a 'religion' .... Article VI Does NOT Apply

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Carson lacks intellectual agility…he thinks as slow as he speaks.

And in that interview he actually contradicted himself when he said anyone can be president as long as he has American values which implicitly means Muslims.

He also is so wrong in that the US constitution is against the thinking he expresses, also no religion is compatible necessarily with the US constitution depending on how the religion is applied to the secular law of the as the recent case in Kentucky illustrates

Ben Carson, imo, is not qualified to be president because of his lack of intelligence, understanding, and his oversized ego and this statement, among others, proves it.

edit on 20-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

...I guess he missed Article VI of the US Constitution that forbids a religious test for public office.

Muslim followers of Islam are dedicated to a Ideological, political, social, militaristic model of government... the theology is an unlimited war-battle against non Islamists.... that is not a 'religion' .... Article VI Does NOT Apply

Man! That is a great point! Wish I could give you a dozen stars for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

LOL ya people were soooo for the flag being attacked.

The KKK is hardly even a laughing stalk but still alive and well.
Shoot anytime we want to bring up racial violence we all get called the PC police and told to get over it.
www.washingtonpost.com...

In fact, mainstream Muslims are speaking out, clearly and consistently. Leaders around the world, many of whom I know personally through my work at the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, have issued strong and unambiguous statements virtually every time a violent attack has occurred, condemning such acts as immoral and counter to the fundamental precepts of Islam.

Yet somehow their responses are not being heard, barely registering in the public consciousness.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Your talking about the ISIS version of Islam

You could be describing a militant Jew or Christian as well.

It all depends on whether you have a religious literalist fundamentalist, jihadist Muslim who wants to impose Islam on the country.

Many Christian denominations want to do the same thing

A moderate Muslim like SISI of Egypt, Sadat, or the present Jordanian leader are all moderates Muslims who could very well be president if they were native born citizens.

There are many American Muslims who could be president who are not jihadist fundamentalist

edit on 20-9-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama is a Muslim?

I

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ben Carson, imo, is not qualified to be president because of his lack of intelligence, understanding, and his oversized ego and this statement, among others, proves it.

Lack of intelligence? The guy was a top neurosurgeon....He was the first man to separate conjoined twins at the head, EVER.......no offense but how can you even begin to insult someones intelligence with the credentials he has

And his oversized ego? The guy is a human tranquilizer dart, when and where has this "ego" been present?

He might not be as eloquent as many of the others, but there is no debate about the guys intellect IMHO

edit on 9/20/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Sharia law as known by many non-Muslims and Muslims isn't derived from the Quran, it's from hadith books( alleged sayings of the Prophet written by some Persian dudes over two centuries after the Prophets death) so you're wrong. Sectarian Islam is a problem, not Islam. If you're struggling to differentiate between these two, then what I just wrote won't matter to you.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think people like Willtell are so used to watching the smooth-talking professional politicians like Obama and Bill Clinton that they mistake straight talk and an unconcern for political canned rhetoric that merely tickles the ears with lack of intelligence. Mistake, imo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join