It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 States Suffering Devestating Droughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why are we continuing to deny climate change and bring in hundreds of thousands of new people to this country each year when we don't have enough water for the people we have? Can it be anything other than stupidity, arrogance or greed? I think if we were smart the first thing we would do would be to develop a population control policy before we have crisis levels of water and other shortages (food, jobs, housing, etc).

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The solution is hemp crops and hemp products. We could employ thousands. And have crops ALL year.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think if we were smart the first thing we would do would be to develop a population control policy before we have crisis levels of water and other shortages (food, jobs, housing, etc).

I think your statement is by far the single most frightening post I've yet read on ATS. Population control is the Creator's role. Not mans. Which benevelant humans would you task to be the Population Control keeper?

Nevermind.

Now toddle off to the corner and sip your koolaide quietly.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So which population control system is the best?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Eugenics,you mean?

That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard.

How about not having a lawn or a golf club in a desert?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

As for California, who ever is in charge is guilty of serious water management problems. Water rights and the control of water has been the most corrupt business that California has ever seen, and that's saying a lot, because California has some serious corruption problems.

The Water Fight That Inspired ‘Chinatown’

As far as population control, just make sure that people are educated and that safe and affordable birth control is available to everyone who wants it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
While this is a dire issue living in the Pac NW I stopped at population control. How do you suppose it will happen without strict consequences in such a short amount of time as needed?

Although have to mention this that Americans are having less children now, that would be positive for keeping the population lower. But politicians are wanting immigrants and their higher birthrate to counter that claiming it will boost the economy.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wow. Population control, huh? Maybe we can implement a eugenics program as well. I have a simpler solution that doesn't involve your 'final solution'. How about people move to places in the country that have more water?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Population control is taken on by mother nature and natural Disasters, about the states running out of water, who in there right mind would live in the desert were there is little to know water, first place I think of is Las Vegas, why would you want to build an empire there? or any were else were naturally there is no water.

Maybe this is a form of population control that you are looking for

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I think if we were smart the first thing we would do would be to develop a population control policy before we have crisis levels of water and other shortages (food, jobs, housing, etc).

I think your statement is by far the single most frightening post I've yet read on ATS. Population control is the Creator's role. Not mans. Which benevelant humans would you task to be the Population Control keeper?

Nevermind.

Now toddle off to the corner and sip your koolaide quietly.

I don't think he meant "population control" in terms of eugenics, or genocide of a segment of the population.
I hope not anyway!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter
a reply to: galaga

Eugenics,you mean?

That's probably the worst idea I've ever heard.

How about not having a lawn or a golf club in a desert?

Population control doesn't have to be so insidious. The first thing I would recommend is removing all the warning labels from products and let the problem sort itself out.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

The solution is hemp crops and hemp products. We could employ thousands. And have crops ALL year.

Not really. Hemp crops in California are part of the water problem. Marijuana takes quite a bit of water to grow.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How is cutting immigration eugenics?!
Also I would provide free birth control and put a minimum age limit on childbirth medicaid. Why are we paying for teenagers to have kids? It's insanity.

And outlawing stupid people having 8 or 20 kids wouldn't hurt.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
How is cutting immigration eugenics?!
Also I would provide free birth control and put a minimum age limit on childbirth medicaid. Why are we paying for teenagers to have kids? It's insanity.

And outlawing stupid people having 8 or 20 kids wouldn't hurt.

Free birth control won't stop irresponsible sex resulting in pregnancy. Then what?

And you can outlaw people having kids, but they'll do it anyhow. How do you deal with it then? Do you go China on them and force them to be aborted? That gets ugly fast.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

As the OP, I think it would be great if you would do the clicking for each page and give the eight states, to spare the rest of us of having to click through all those flashing ads.

I got to:

8. South Carolina

Thank you. Not that it matters, because you didn't really want that to be the topic anyway. The title is misleading. You just used it as a ruse to discuss/diss immigration.
No flag for you.
edit on 9/20/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Apparently life is cheap in the twenty-first century. How about we quit taking nature for granted.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Apparently life is cheap in the twenty-first century. How about we quit taking nature for granted.

Maybe people are getting more stupid every year back in the old days they employed people to make the rain

www.sandiegohistory.org...

The ancient world had known a theory that noxious fumes, such as the stench of bodies after a major battle, caused rain. After artil­lery became a significant part of war, Benvenuto Cellini wrote of explosions causing rain. This theory lasted several centuries and explained, to the satisfac­tion of some, the storm that handicapped the Spanish Armada and the mud at Waterloo. It was Americanized after the Civil War by a man named Edward Powers,who wrote War and The Weather contending that most of the Civil War battles caused rain. Then there was a belief that prairie fires caused rain and that the Chicago fire drenched itself, although tardily.

Following his successful experiments in Texas, Charley came back to Calif­ornia and more particularly, to San Diego which was beginning to view its situation, water-wise. In rapid fashion the com­munity, initially concerned about not enough water, switched to a worry about too much, after Charley was hired in December 1915, for soon after that came the disasterous floods of January 1916.Hatfield's story inspired the 1956 Burt Lancaster film The Rainmaker.

people forget so quick
edit on 20/9/2015 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The earth is no where near its limit in population. People who believe this claptrap are close to the same ones who believe the earth is flat. Just because the Desert is having a drought doesn't mean the world is ending. People in the West live in deserts, read the article. It clearly states many people live in areas where there is not much rain and must import water. This is dumb. You should not also live in flood plains and expect everyone else to rebuild your house when there is a flood.

We have heard the "population control" people before. They are the real scary individuals. As long as they are the ones not impacted because "they" are the good guys " I compost!. Let someone else be culled." "Really only the smart people should be allowed to live... all these lesser folks should stop having babies and if they won't....." says an imaginary population control person in my head.

It is a pretty scary world the population control folks want to happen. Oh sure it all sounds good in theory. But, as they say, the devil is in the details. What happens when people don't follow your plan? What is next? That enforcement thing is where reality get a little too Teutonic for my tastes.

V
edit on 9/20/2015 by Variable because: added in

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sounds like we should drastically cut the military budget, then use that money to build a network of desalination plants, water pipelines, and reservoirs.

Why should we keep spending money on bases in the Arabian Gulf to prop up Saudi Arabia & Qatar when we could use that money to solve our water problems? Plus it would provide temporary jobs for Americans all across the country. Win-win situation.

top topics

join