It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm actively and directly benefiting from meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Ok.. I'm practicin Aum Mane Pedme Humm and learning about it. However, as the Dali Lama puts it, simply chanting it won't do anything. It is a chant for purity of mind body and spirit, a chant for compassion. What he says is that you need to implement its lessons into your life as well. For example, why chant for purity if you are not actively seeking purity in your life.

Here's the video I chant along with.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Here is the video I am speaking about the dali lama.

So anyway... Today in meditating and I haven't meditate in two weeks. I've been having a very rough week and I have a few more of those ahead of me. I sat down and focused anyway.

In between chants and practicing breathing and practicing praying out loud and thanking God for what he has given me and practicing appreciating the moment I had a revelation.

It's very odd this revelation. I had just realized through this experience that I had been seeking unconsciously an active father figure through my friends and coaches. Sounds weird I know but I had a very traumatizing youth and I grew up with family I couldn't trust.

So now that I realized this I have to rethink some things. One of them is how I manage my relationships and secondly I need to find a mentor like figure that can I can seek advice from in a helpful/ fatherly way.

All of this unexpectedly arose in the middle of me meditating.

It's hard to explain but hopefully one of you will get it.
edit on 9/20/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If one sits down to meditate then one maybe doing something to get something. What is being sought?
The end of the one who is seeking something, is the only thing worth seeking!

During meditation it may be realized that thoughts and feelings simply just happen - no one is actually 'doing' them. Everything (every thought, every sensation) is just happening.

There is what there is but there can also appear to be something which wants something that is not.

If the feeling of anger or sadness is arising there may appear to be 'someone' who wants 'something' other - that is the separation - that 'someone' is what conflicts - that 'someone' veils the actuality of presence - only when that apparent 'separate someone' is absent will there be what is longed for. What is sought is right here and now when the separate person is not looking for something else.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
that is great to hear. Congrats for your development!

I understand what you mean. Because while meditating a lot of different things can happen, depending on your desires, needs and what is best suited for you in the present life. We just have to first clear our head of what we think should do and than let the thoughts flow and observe.

Changes are a constant, the only true constant maybe in life other than our awareness. And by meditation you can perceive what change is needed in order to grow. We must just be relaxed and let go of what we think we know.

"Like snow, Wash yourself with yourself" -> quote by Rumi

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
If one sits down to meditate then one maybe doing something to get something. What is being sought?
The end of the one who is seeking something, is the only thing worth seeking!

During meditation it may be realized that thoughts and feelings simply just happen - no one is actually 'doing' them. Everything (every thought, every sensation) is just happening.

There is what there is but there can also appear to be something which wants something that is not.

If the feeling of anger or sadness is arising there may appear to be 'someone' who wants 'something' other - that is the separation - that 'someone' is what conflicts - that 'someone' veils the actuality of presence - only when that apparent 'separate someone' is absent will there be what is longed for. What is sought is right here and now when the separate person is not looking for something else.

This is the BEST explanation I've heard yet on meditation. Thank YOU!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Every apparent individual is looking for something and it seems that your meditation session today has informed you that it is a father figure that you are missing. Every individual is missing something - it is felt energetically - there is something missing and if I find it then I will feel whole and complete.
The feeling that there is something lacking is what drives the mind to offer up suggestions to try to help but what happens is that the thing the mind has offered up is not here - so it is lacking. The mind can only offer what is not here.
The thoughts speak about things that were 'before' or about things that maybe 'later' but it can never ever speak about what is here.

Is there really anything lacking?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I really like that one as well. I can suggest several more that I have found on YouTube, I would post them here myself, but I have never learned how.
Gayatri Mantra. Posted from The channel of Enigma1990ad

Shanti Mantra (Peaceful) Posted by the channel thebless4ever

Hymn of Saraswati Hymn with English subtitles - Sree Saraswati strotram. Posted by the channel Ramesh Krishnakumar.

Shanti Mantra, Vedic Mysticism, Divine music. I forgot to check which channel this one was posted under so I will get that info to you.

As well as Ganesh Mantra, and Maakarel Shivayanamaha.

I really hope you enjoy these, they help me alot, and I really like that they have translations as well.
edit on 20-9-2015 by Fireflysky because: Spelling error

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Shanti Mantra, Vedic Mysticism, Divine Music is posted on the YouTube channel Rahul Kant.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I find it amazing that the sounds and vibrations your voice can create can actually target specific areas in your body. Your belly, your chest, your throat, your nasal cavity, the Crown of your skull, and so much more. I also actually remember this from when I was a baby and making the long drawn out sounds like mmmmmm, or aaaaahhhh.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Oh and look into Shat Karma. It is a body cleansing technique.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

and secondly I need to find a mentor like figure that can I can seek advice from in a helpful/ fatherly way.

I've decided that I will be this mentor like figure.

PM me so we can go over the SLA and get started...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It took chanting, meditating and prayer to realize this? You should try thinking. Same results but with less effort.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I hope you look into those Mantras I posted for you, if you do, let me know how you liked them.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Ok.. I'm practicin Aum Mane Pedme Humm and learning about it. However, as the Dali Lama puts it, simply chanting it won't do anything. It is a chant for purity of mind body and spirit, a chant for compassion. What he says is that you need to implement its lessons into your life as well. For example, why chant for purity if you are not actively seeking purity in your life.

Here's the video I chant along with.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

Here is the video I am speaking about the dali lama.

So anyway... Today in meditating and I haven't meditate in two weeks. I've been having a very rough week and I have a few more of those ahead of me. I sat down and focused anyway.

In between chants and practicing breathing and practicing praying out loud and thanking God for what he has given me and practicing appreciating the moment I had a revelation.

It's very odd this revelation. I had just realized through this experience that I had been seeking unconsciously an active father figure through my friends and coaches. Sounds weird I know but I had a very traumatizing youth and I grew up with family I couldn't trust.

So now that I realized this I have to rethink some things. One of them is how I manage my relationships and secondly I need to find a mentor like figure that can I can seek advice from in a helpful/ fatherly way.

All of this unexpectedly arose in the middle of me meditating.

It's hard to explain but hopefully one of you will get it.

too right..

all study and no practice makes jack an underachiever.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Well, if anything this sudden revelation of yours might just of been an emerging desire of yours, and has subtly clicked in your mind. Might even be an emotional barrier for you, which could hinder, but it may even be something for you to help you further probably.

I still don't get these chants sometimes, personally I think a lot of people get to attached to these...Incantations.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Fireflysky

I will thank you.

new topics

top topics

join