It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA: Better Than 97 Percent Chance 2015 Will Be Hottest Year on Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The NOAA is saying that the Earth is due to break its Global Heat Record AGAIN! I just don't know what to say anymore about this whole thing except to say WAHHHHH!!!!!!

Earth's record-breaking heat is sounding an awful lot like a broken record. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced Thursday that August, this past summer and the first eight months of 2015 all smashed global records for heat. That's the fifth straight record hot season in a row and the fourth consecutive record hot month.

Meteorologists say 2015 is a near certainty to eclipse 2014 as the hottest year on record. This year, six of the eight months have been record-breaking, with only April and January failing to set new records. Since 2000, Earth has broken monthly heat records 30 times and seasonal heat records 11 times. The last time a monthly cold record was broken was in 1916. Records go back to 1880.

The 10 hottest years globally have all happened since 1998 and with the way things are going temperature-wise, I think we are in for some real trouble in the coming years. What does ATS have to say?

www.nbcnews.com...

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I wouldn't bother asking ATS. If you haven't noticed, there's a very vocal right-wing contingent here who are positive that global warming is a hoax invented by Al Gore so that the government can rake in extra tax dollars (ignoring the fact that corporations and wealthy individuals effectively control the government).

The only way they'd accept AGW as fact is if you found a way to blame it on Muslims and Hispanic immigrants.

EDIT:

or the EPA, the FDA, SNAP recipients, gay marriage, abortion or black lives matter.
edit on 2015-9-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree, it was like a hot summers day yesterday in England, I still believe they are messing with the weather, I have said this for a long time, way before HAARP was mainstream knowledge, make the days hotter for a civilization at boiling point = more violence, more fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Population reduction?
Forced poverty?
More chemtrails??!

Oh wait, you asked ATS not the elite! :p

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Was this before or after data was manipulated?

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We have maybe 200 years of global temperature records for a 4 billion year old planet. It would be illogical to think our "records" are of any value whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

If you think it is manipulated then show it.
Oh and your George Washington quote is bogus.
edit on thSun, 20 Sep 2015 00:24:17 -0500America/Chicago920151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
NOAA also claims that temps have raised by an average of 1.53 degrees farenheit since 1880.

This figure also uses thermometers that are not calibrated, so what is the actual change?

I can'T link with my ipad- surprise

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Scientists can use alternate methods to measure temps which go back way farther than 200 yrs. Can't name them from the top of my head right now, but I think one of the methods for measuring Global temps has to do with tree rings.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

They can also extrapolate using the data we have on record.

I am not positive how accurate it is, but it's not like we can't get a pretty good idea.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Scientists can use alternate methods to measure temps which go back way farther than 200 yrs. Can't name them from the top of my head right now, but I think one of the methods for measuring Global temps has to do with tree rings.

So maybe 400 years of 4 billion. That's 400 of 4,000,000,000

(Not predictive or statistically relevant)

edit on 2015/9/20 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Paleoclimatology

Paleoclimatology (in British spelling, palaeoclimatology) is the study of changes in climate taken on the scale of the entire history of Earth. It uses a variety of proxy methods from the Earth and life sciences to obtain data previously preserved within (e.g.) rocks, sediments, ice sheets, tree rings, corals, shells and microfossils; it then uses these records to determine the past states of the Earth's various climate regions and its atmospheric system. Studies of past changes in the environment and biodiversity often reflect on the current situation, and specifically the impact of climate on mass extinctions and biotic recovery.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

If you haven't noticed, there's a very vocal right-wing contingent here who are positive that global warming is a hoax invented by Al Gore

Why does it always have to be right-wing ? I have plenty of friends from all persuasions that believe the statement above.Of course they are for the most part intelligent well-read people. I call it rather being scientifically minded.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well you can just take a listen to out last gop debate to find out why.
Scientifically speaking it is widely accepted.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well you can just take a listen to out last gop debate to find out why.
Scientifically speaking it is widely accepted.

So , with that statement , the GOP exists all over the world? Last count , I thought the GOP was a US invention and had exclusive rights to the term. You did know that there are a lot of scientists around the world, and I do mean real science not some johnny come lately climatology , that deny that global warming exists other than a natural cycle , didnt you ?

edit on 20-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Global warming happens when an Ice Age wasn't all that long ago, relatively speaking. ...not to mention a mini-ice age of sorts within historical time periods.

We'll adapt, as there's not a hell of a lot we can do about it...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Even with Today's State of the Art Technology , Man still cannot Predict the Weather with Any Degree of Certainty . NOAA is Full Of Hot Air here .

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I wouldn't bother asking ATS. If you haven't noticed, there's a very vocal right-wing contingent here who are positive that global warming is a hoax invented by Al Gore so that the government can rake in extra tax dollars (ignoring the fact that corporations and wealthy individuals effectively control the government).

The only way they'd accept AGW as fact is if you found a way to blame it on Muslims and Hispanic immigrants.

EDIT:

or the EPA, the FDA, SNAP recipients, gay marriage, abortion or black lives matter.

Oddly, I think people here believe I am right wing due to some of my responses.

On this subject, in particular, I do agree global warming is happening. On one facet, I also believe we are contributing. On another facet I believe this is a natural cycle of the Earth. On a third facet I believe both are happening at the same time.

Sure, mankind is speeding it up, but by how much? How much recorded history do we have to compare it to? We have artifacts to date us millions of years back, and others to date ELE's happening. What do we really know, and how much do we really know about our ecological system from before our existence? How much do we know about our own existence? We are consistently finding new evidence of things we never thought our ancestors could possibly have known, or done.

Anywho...my point is that we don't have enough evidence from historical record to say whether or not we are a direct influence on global warming, or if it is a natural recurrence of a Earth cycle.
edit on 9/20/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Carbon Credit Scam.

That is the goal.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes, I know some deny it. Said it was widely accepted not universally.

I'm sure you know the difference tho.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join