It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians 'martyred for beliefs every FIVE MINUTES by Islamic State and other terrorists'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Uh what about the Ottoman Empire? they owned half the Mediterranean until after WW1?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: dawnstar

The only thing I will say about this topic is that I would never go to the Middle East or North Africa especially if I'm Christian, I'll give the OP that. I think they get some extra virgins or something if they kill a Christian

well, by the news I am seeing lately, I got a feeling that there are alot of muslims who really don't want to live in the middle east at the moment either. which I tend to think is the result of western interference in the region the past decade or so.

did you know that Arafat married a christian and every year, he attended christmas mass with her in bethlehem?
www.nytimes.com...

Suha's mother, Raymonda Hawa Tawil, born in Acre, is a member of the Hawa family of Acre, prominent property owners in the Haifa area.[8] She was a poet and writer. She became a politically active Palestinian militant after 1967 and was arrested several times by the Israelis, making her a media star.[8] She was also a high-profile Palestinian journalist.[9] Suha was raised Catholic.[9] Suha, growing up in Ramallah, was influenced by the political activism of her mother conducted in the 1970s from her PLO-influenced news bureau in East Jerusalem.[8]

Suha attended a convent school, Rosary Sisters' School, in Beit Hanina, Jerusalem. At age 18, she went to Paris to study, where she lived with her older sister, who was married to Ibrahim Souss, the PLO's then-ambassador to France.[8] As a student, Suha was a leader in the General Union of Palestine Students (GUPS) in France, where she organized demonstrations for the Palestinian cause.

Marriage to Arafat

Suha, with her mother and sisters, met Arafat for the first time in 1985.[10] When he visited France in 1989, she acted as an interpreter at the meetings with visitors and French government officials. It is argued that through her mother Suha met her husband. However, it is also argued that Suha met Arafat in 1987 and 1988, and helped organize his visit to Paris in 1989.

Soon after his departure from Paris, Arafat asked Suha to come and work with him in Tunisia (where the Palestinian Liberation Organization had set up a haven). Suha secretly married Arafat on 17 July 1990, when she was aged 27 and he was 61. Their only child, daughter Zahwa, was born on 24 July 1995 in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France. Zahwa was named after Arafat's mother.[11] Suha did not convert to Islam on the marriage and remained a Christian throughout her marriage.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

gee imagine that a christian, marrying the leader of the PLO, demonstrating for the Palestinian cause and all....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm not sure if this comes as a surprise to you, but ISIS kills anyone who ISN'T them. I think it's a given that Christians are included in that group.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Nope, I'm not that surprised. Love conquers personal bias

I personally don't know much about Arafat

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
By today's definition, it can't be considered persecution.

Why not?

Because they're Christians.

None of our so-called enlightened community will ever admit to that fact directly because it would put a spotlight on their hypocrisy, so don't expect many people agreeing with you, OP.

Like many other places, anti-Christian sentiment is in vogue on ATS. Oh, you'll get plenty of comments attempting to deflect by saying incredibly ignorant things, and never once will they admit that the eradication of Christianity would be something they would ultimately applaud as a good thing, regardless of how it was accomplished.

Just remember, there is no persecution of Christians; it's all in your head.

All true, if only people would see that they are human beings first.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Christians get off on being persecuted.

Is this a joke?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Oh yea every single Christian loves to die so good riddance

There are some sick SOB's on this site that don't mind people being butchered as long as they are Christians.

Hard to believe isn't it?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Oh yea every single Christian loves to die so good riddance

It may not be part of the official teachings of the Christian religion, but practically every Christian is at some point (usually when they are little kids) taught that their faith must be "tested." A couple thousand years of venerated saints being put through all kinds of torture and misery prove that up. After all, it's easy to believe something when you're not being challenged about it. How can you know you're a good Christian unless you're tested? (Other than having a huge ego, that is.)
edit on 22-9-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes, Christians are taught that faith is tested through sin and forgiveness the ultimate test being to die for their faith. That doesn't mean Christians hope and pray to die. I dunno maybe some do but there are crazies in all groups

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
Any loss of life is tragic, but I have to ask you shouldn't you be more concerned with non Christians being killed? In your view Christians are saved and will enter paradise upon death, everyone else will be going to hell. One of the main goals of Christians is to save those who have not accepted Christ. So shouldn't you be more concerned with all the people dying before being saved?

That's a good point.

Anyone here want to accept Christ as their lord and savior,For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

But you know people hate us for trying to do this, it is written.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yes, Christians are taught that faith is tested through sin and forgiveness the ultimate test being to die for their faith. That doesn't mean Christians hope and pray to die. I dunno maybe some do but there are crazies in all groups

JDmOKI, at age 12 I became obsessed with the book of revelation, still at 65 I am captivated by it, but my prayer has always been for god to wait that all might be saved.

Then years ago I read about,Guan Yin

In Chinese Buddhism, Guan Yin is synonymous with the Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, the pinnacle of mercy, compassion, kindness and love.
(Bodhisattva- being of bodhi or enlightenment, one who has earned to leave the world of suffering and is destined to become a Buddha, but has forgone the bliss of nirvana with a vow to save all children of god.
edit on 013030p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Christians 'martyred for beliefs every FIVE MINUTES by Islamic State and other terrorists'

Even in the US when they have name like Carson.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yah, well, the US military has martyred hundreds of thousands in the name of Humanity… so what?

What did you expect when you blame Islam, calling them extreme, radical, terrorists and drop bombs on them for no just reason?

The US military hasn't been around for 1400 years.

Can't same the same bout Islam can we.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Every person dead by hand of ISIS

Is dead thanks to Pentagon and CIA

It is really that simple

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent321

says Mr. Agent321 registered today

shill much?