It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

OMG!

Can you not smell the PANDER in the air ?

From both Obama, and the Pope.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I thought right-wing conservatives didn't like the Pope because he was Catholic? So why would they care about offending the Pope?

Besides, this Pope is pretty chill. I doubt he'd be offended. People seem to underestimate this guy.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Can you not smell the PANDER in the air ?

He who smelled it dealt it lol

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Can you not smell the PANDER in this whole issue??

A good portion of the right has been against this pope since what seems like day one but now want to get behind him because Obama.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The way I see it is this is just simply Obama's way of attempting to bring together people of diversity as a gesture of peaceful unity for a day.

So how about you fine folks just sit back and wait to see if this blows up in his face or not once the pope actually arrives, rather than jumping to conclusions from drama queen speculations and manufactured outrage ?

Or is that too much to ask around this place ??

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Good try...I guess you are in favor of Obama being invited to a state gathering full of KKK members then. Just a difference of opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Please train me in the mental gymnastics it takes to compare gay people to the KKK...

I'll pay you 9000.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can you not smell the PANDER in this whole issue??

A good portion of the right has been against this pope since what seems like day one but now want to get behind him because Obama.

Yeah SO WHAT ?

The left has been against the Pope the other 99% of the time.

What's the issue ?

Especially when it's the left constantly hounding religious folks for their beliefs.

Screaming SEPARATION OF CHURCH and STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2015 by neo96 because: Holy double posts say seven hail marys full of grace, and go stand in a corner neo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

HAVANA (AP) — Pope Francis begins a 10-day trip to Cuba and the United States on Saturday, embarking on his first trip to the onetime Cold War foes after helping to nudge forward their historic rapprochement. He will be offering a show of solidarity with Cubans and making clear that Hispanics in the United States are the bedrock of the American church.

apnews.myway.com...

Well I feel left out, and INSULTED.

I'm straight,white, and not an Obama supporter.

Awww... don't take it personally! I think the author was putting a lot of words into the Pope's mouth... Way way way down almost at the very end of the article, I found this:

Technically the reason for the trip is for Francis to participate in the church's World Meeting of Families, a big Catholic rally in Philadelphia to reinforce church teaching on marriage.

I think that explains the guest list!!!

I really do think the Popes' people just feigned outrage about the list...

To be fair, we've only heard from his peeps and the press...

...and pretty much obvious here there is collusion going on.

There's something going on, but there's enough blame and suspicion to go around. Some of these critters have colluded real hard --it would be insulting to leave them out!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Good try...I guess you are in favor of Obama being invited to a state gathering full of KKK members then. Just a difference of opinion, nothing wrong with that.

Please train me in the mental gymnastics it takes to compare gay people to the KKK...

I'll pay you 9000.

I actually modified that example to a bunch of Black Panthers being invited to a white person's party.

But with that said, I've met "other gender" people here on ATS that hate Catholics as much as KKK members hate blacks. And I'm talking about 2015, not decades ago.
edit on 9/19/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Boadicea
No we just act like we know all about what obama does and why he does it.
Doesn't mean it is true.

Well, of course not! Hence the "think" and not "know." I never tried to declare it as fact.

It seems actually that obama could care less what others think of him IMO, he is arrogant as all hell.

I used to think that... intervening events have led me to a different conclusion.

Would the idea be that the Pope some how offended Obama and this is his getting back at him?

More like the Pope's position on certain issues offend Obama, and this is Obama's way of getting in the Pope's face about it.

I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face! -- Obama, September 2008

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just add Justin Bieber, Jeffrey Dahmer and the Satan to the list and it would be a Saturday Night Live skit.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Did I not reply to almost the exact same post by you yesterday? Did it get removed? Or is this a copy where you hope for a better response?

The idea of the guest list is discussion and I doubt the Pope minds.

Just seeing this now, and you had some good input, things that just disappear after members have spent time and effort in reply, makes you feel valueless, while you live to die another day. And no, the Pope doesn't mind, he's spoken about this before on all the subject matter, and in general he acknowledged there are things 'The Church needs to work on'

He also talks about himself, being a sinner,....the true meaning of the word sinner, is to miss the mark.

Here's a link to a conversation with the Pope, He's a good and capable guy, and only a fool would think otherwise.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Here's a link to a conversation with the Pope, He's a good and capable guy, and only a fool would think otherwise.

www.independent.co.uk...

I'm not remotely religious but acknowledge the political power of the Vatican. I think that with the blip of Benedict the Church is moving in the right direction and leadership. And no, I'm not converting.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh... were we talking about only official Church doctrine? Or just about what might offend this Pontiff? You're just trying to make the rules up to fit your own agenda.

Agenda? I have no agenda. I left the Catholic church thirty years ago. You're the one with the obvious agenda as an Obama apologist.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I'm straight,white, and not an Obama supporter.

You are one weird freaky dude.... Why can't you be like all the "normals"...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Just add Justin Bieber, Jeffrey Dahmer and the Satan to the list and it would be a Saturday Night Live skit.

Maybe it's a Pope roast...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No one is making the pope go there, maybe something good will come out of this when the pope hooks up with the "out of closets" and then feels much better about not hiding it anymore ?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Okay, five controversial guests. I assume that means the other 13,995 are cool, right?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The left has been against the Pope the other 99% of the time.

What's the issue ?

Especially when it's the left constantly hounding religious folks for their beliefs.

Screaming SEPARATION OF CHURCH and STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The left loves this pope. He's the most liberal, chill pope in years, and he's doing a lot of good in the attempt at reigniting the Catholic Church's beacon.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join