It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

No...it doesn't. I don't like religion in general, but invited to a party with the Pope I wouldn't have an agenda that would cause me to act out and disgrace or insult anyone. Some of these people would.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So we're going to manufacture outrage and get offended on behalf of somebody who very likely isn't offended himself?

How liberal minded of the right wing.

Doubt very seriously if the pope is even a little sussed about this guest list. And as for the whole "you don't invite people who hate the guest and may cause a problem" angle: so what if they do? I suspect the pope has both a) quite an ability to handle himself in any discussion and b) infinitely more patience than any of the people on the guest list. So who winds up looking like a jackass here? The person who loses their crap and tries to pick a fight, or the guy who sits there and let's them work themselves into a lather?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Well the KKK wants to kill those they don't agree with, can you show these people want to kill the pope?
www.rawstory.com...

Nope, seems like that our crazies that want to do that.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Um, yes it most certainly does. Your original argument is that certain people should not be invited, as it might offend the Pope. Climate change deniers might offend him as well, so they should also be excluded from the guest list. Or... it doesn't matter if the people on the guest list might offend the Pope. Like I've said before... YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

But the pres isn't inviting some extreme anti religious crowd, these people are not on the same level as the KKK.
Lets keep the comparisons equal here.

When has obama ever uplifted Islam btw?

Are you implying that pro-transgender, pro-gay and pro-abortion individuals are pro-religion? Have you been on ATS long? They are the most vicious anti-religion or anti-Catholic people here. And on the pro Islam...supporting the Muslim Brotherhood, releasing terrorists to fight again, a deal with Iran to lift sanctions, etc. Obama has a love for Islam and a hate for Catholics and the Jewish. If you don't see that...there is no point in us debating it. And again...I have no side in religious debates, just my opinion of right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well I read both sources and not one mention from the Vatican. All this hoopla is from the media. Non-issue.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
So we're going to manufacture outrage and get offended on behalf of somebody who very likely isn't offended himself?

How liberal minded of the right wing.

Doubt very seriously if the pope is even a little sussed about this guest list. And as for the whole "you don't invite people who hate the guest and may cause a problem" angle: so what if they do? I suspect the pope has both a) quite an ability to handle himself in any discussion and b) infinitely more patience than any of the people on the guest list. So who winds up looking like a jackass here? The person who loses their crap and tries to pick a fight, or the guy who sits there and let's them work themselves into a lather?

I'm not referring to the opinion of the Pope on the matter or how he may handle it if need be...I'm talking about it being insulting that our President would intentionally invite these people as a tactic meant to insult the Pope. There was no other reason to invite these people.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Did you read what I asked? You compared them to the KKK, the KKK went around KILLING people they didn't like.

I asked if these people want to kill the pope.
Not that I think they are pro religion, even though one is a member of a church.

link   
To quote the Pope when it comes to gays.

"Who am I to judge them if they're seeking the Lord in good faith?" he said.

So just how is inviting these people an insult to the Pope? It is the Popes job to lead people to God not judge them.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well I read both sources and not one mention from the Vatican. All this hoopla is from the media. Non-issue.

Again...agreed. There is no issue from the Pope or his people. I'm sure if there is anything to be handled, it will be handled professionally, etc. I'm simply talking about the gall of our President to intentionally invite people for the purpose of insulting the guest.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: intrepid

Again...agreed. There is no issue from the Pope or his people. I'm sure if there is anything to be handled, it will be handled professionally, etc. I'm simply talking about the gall of our President to intentionally invite people for the purpose of insulting the guest.

That's YOUR take. If the Pope's fine, then fine. Manufactured outrage doesn't impress me.

link   
So

Take that same 'guest' list and put them in front of an IMAM how yall think that would go down ?

Or does Obama just love singling out us 'evil' christians?

link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE now your just sounding like a confused angry boy in need of a cuddle

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Did you read what I asked? You compared them to the KKK, the KKK went around KILLING people they didn't like.

I asked if these people want to kill the pope.
Not that I think they are pro religion, even though one is a member of a church.

Granted...a bit of an extreme example. How about inviting a white person to a party with a bunch of Black Panthers? Better?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

And how exactly do you know that the purpose was to intentionally insult the guest? More likely the guest list was meant to be inclusive... and not insulting. But yeah... that doesn't fit your agenda either.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So just make stuff up to try and make a point?

When was the last time the IMAM was invited to do a nationwide tour in our states?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE now your just sounding like a confused angry boy in need of a cuddle

Insult me all you want...it obviously doesn't change my opinion.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

What was made up?

It's well established that muslims don't think too much of abortion,transgenders,and gay rights.

link   

Depends on the panters, not all are the radicals that they get painted.
Would be awkward sure, but if the point was for dialogue then not sure there would be a problem.

We are drifting at this point though, getting into to many hypotheticals.

link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Nope...Obama is a childish and vindictive person. I'm convinced this was intentional, but it is just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join