It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Insults Pope with Guest List

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
While I am completely aware this comes from a very right-wing news agency, apparently no one else wishes to publish this information...at least that I can find. President Obama who will be hosting the visiting Pope has loaded his guest list with a few surprises. Namely...

"The Obama administration has decided to invite transgender activists Mateo Williamson and Vivian Taylor, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, Bishop Gene Robinson and Sister Simone Campbell, an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia."

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, he has done the same type of things to many of America's allies including Israel. Is this the foreign policy we wish to show our friends? Load up a guest list with agitators? Ignore foreign leaders and allies, but support terrorists like the Muslim Brotherhood, Iran and more? Our position in the world has been destroyed by this President and now he attacks the highest religious figure of Christianity?

While I completely understand that there are ATSers that dislike religion in general...and I am one of you. But I don't for a second condone embarrassing them, demeaning them or setting them up for an attack. Do you???

NewsMax Link 1
NewsMax Link 2
edit on Sun Sep 20 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I guess, by your logic, climate change deniers should not be invited as well?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
While I am completely aware this comes from a very right-wing news agency, apparently no one else wishes to publish this information...at least that I can find. President Obama who will be hosting the visiting Pope has loaded his guest list with a few surprises. Namely...

"The Obama administration has decided to invite transgender activists Mateo Williamson and Vivian Taylor, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, Bishop Gene Robinson and Sister Simone Campbell, an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia."

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, he has done the same type of things to many of America's allies including Israel. Is this the foreign policy we wish to show our friends? Load up a guest list with agitators? Ignore foreign leaders and allies, but support terrorists like the Muslim Brotherhood, Iran and more? Our position in the world has been destroyed by this President and now he attacks the highest religious figure of Christianity?

While I completely understand that there are ATSers that dislike religion in general...and I am one of you. But I don't for a second condone embarrassing them, demeaning them or setting them up for an attack. Do you???

NewsMax Link 1
NewsMax Link 2

Did you expect anything less from this admin? They have no respect for we the people, would you expect him not to insult the leader of the largest Christian denomination?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Did I not reply to almost the exact same post by you yesterday? Did it get removed? Or is this a copy where you hope for a better response?

The idea of the guest list is discussion and I doubt the Pope minds.

edit on 19-9-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Huh thought there was a thread on this already but can't find it, maybe 404.

I think it is funny that the right is mad about this after they have been bad mouthing this pope since he go the job.

Obama is probably doing it because he is muslim.

link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

I guess, by your logic, climate change deniers should not be invited as well?

Anti-Abortionism is an official Catholic doctrine, climate change isn't.

link   
a reply to: reldra

Removed. They didn't like the title.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So you guys that are mad about this does that mean you now respect and like this pope?
Like Rush here that now needs to defend this pope.
mediamatters.org...
www.rawstory.com...
www.latimes.com...
edit on thSat, 19 Sep 2015 13:39:17 -0500America/Chicago920151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

What logic are you concerned about? Inviting a leader to a gathering while inviting their opposition? You don't find that a bit insulting and rude?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh... were we talking about only official Church doctrine? Or just about what might offend this Pontiff? You're just trying to make the rules up to fit your own agenda.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There is a difference between agreeing with someone and flat out being insulting toward them. Apparently Obama chooses the latter.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wasn't the pope being described as a heretic communist a couple of days ago, now you guys don't want the president to offend him. Lol

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh... were we talking about only official Church doctrine? Or just about what might offend this Pontiff? You're just trying to make the rules up to fit your own agenda.

Does it matter? How about some civility and decorum. Purposely insulting other world leaders and this guy got a Nobel Peace Prize???

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I'm surprised that the Obamas' spiritual mentor (conducted their marriage ceremony; baptized their daughters; they say in his Church for many, many years in Chicago) the Rev Jeremiah Wright didn't make the cut? I'm sure Rev Wright would love to chat w/Pope Frank.

Any slight that can be made against any traditional friend of America (be it the Pope, Bibi Netanyhu, or even the Dalai Lama--remember he was ushered out via the WH service entrance/dumpsters) by Val Jarett and company is expected.

link   

The logic that climate change deniers would also be this particular Pope's opposition as well. If one would be offensive, so would be the other. Though I sincerely doubt this Pope would take much offense to either. That's just the speculation of a right wing rag.

link   

Oh and calling him by all sorts of derogatory terms and calling him some sort of anti pope or heretic isn't meant to offend him?

People just want to be mad at Obama so they are willing to put their problems with this pope aside to accomplish that.

Purposely insulting other world leaders

Works for Trump!!
Double standard?!
edit on thSat, 19 Sep 2015 13:41:42 -0500America/Chicago920154280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I don't think any visiting leader should be insulted by our President, especially in an underhanded and sneaky manner. I don't think that should be a trait of a the President of the USA.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yes. It matters. If you are using any kind of logic. Otherwise it's just a double standard.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nope...voicing a difference of opinion isn't insulting and comments from someone who is NOT the President don't hold the same weight or level of childishness unbecoming a world leader.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

No...it doesn't matter. You don't invite someone to be hosted at a gathering to insult them either personally or for their beliefs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join