It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfriended (Cybernatural)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I just watched one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was even worse than the "found footage" movies-if that's possible. It was Unfriended. The movie is nothing but looking at somebody's computer screen while they skype and text and mess with facebook. I realize that it was an attempt to explore new ways of story telling but it just didn't do it for me. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and don't. You're not missing anything. That's 83 minutes that I'll never get back. What an absolute waste.

Here's the IMDB page in case you're into self torture.
Unfriended

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Great movie for the found footage addict. Absolutely loved it, the very end was a bit cheesy, but it made my comfy night time movie list.
People are so hard on this genre.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I just watched one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It was even worse than the "found footage" movies-if that's possible. It was Unfriended. The movie is nothing but looking at somebody's computer screen while they skype and text and mess with facebook. I realize that it was an attempt to explore new ways of story telling but it just didn't do it for me. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and don't. You're not missing anything. That's 83 minutes that I'll never get back. What an absolute waste.

I agree, bad bad movie indeed! I think it may appeal teens, but not a grown woman like me! I have no idea why I watched till the end!! lol

I also find all the social sites/apps advertising very irritating, it was like a long advert for facebook, skype etc....

An hour and a half of my life I am never going to get back....

edit on 19-9-2015 by Agartha because: SPAG!!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

It's a teeny movie for sure. But I couldn't even read the words they were typing sitting 6 feet from the t.v. screen. It was a unique idea, but it was more of the same effects and b.s. as a thousand other movies. The "found footage" thing only worked right once, and it was in 1998 with the Blair Witch Project. Directors are still trying to recapture that, and it never quite works out. The entertainment industry (movies and music) has run out of ideas and talent. Or at least the willingness to put up the effort to make something truly great and timeless. I suppose the aim of the game today is quick, easy product instead of art.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
I fell asleep about 40 min in and I like found footage movies.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I'm surprised I made it to the end of the movie, too. I don't know how I did it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

I agree. They've run out of ideas and talent or else aren't willing to pay for it. I think that's the reason for all the remakes. Then you get something like this hot mess of poo and you wonder how they thought it would work.

join