It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army Future Soldier 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

Nobody has killed me so far, so that does not mean I can kill people because they are out to kill me.

Just a little heads up ........ never mind ,

Thanks, none the less. It is always best not to put one's self or thier loved ones in harms way at all cost.

Better safe than sorry, as the saying goes.

Cheers

And maybe you'll make it through life running away from everything. Maybe that'll work out for you. Then again maybe not. In the event of "not" I'd rather have the ability to kill somebody and not need it than need it and not have it.

@ OP - cool article and cool tech.

If in the event of "not", I have been there, and walked out alive, but in the event no body was hurt. That incident did change my life for the better.

If it's my time than it is, until than I would rather have a beer with my enemy and belt out some old tunes.

Peace
edit on 19-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It's not good enough, IMO.

But , I don't like war so I'm just thinking about the individual lives.....

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

In the event of war, you were there and nobody got hurt? That makes zero sense.

Hoping that an enemy will sit down for a beer and kumbaya is all well and good, but in the event that they say "nah" it's a pretty good idea to be prepared for that.

The gear in the article is for the military. Why you're turning it in to a singular, personal event involving yourself is a bit odd. A nation doesn't have the luxury of hoping everybody plays nice with them and do nothing to prepare for when they don't. You can go about your day hoping the guy who wants your wallet would prefer to hold hands and sing.

Apples and oranges dude.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was held at gun point, not in war, it was theft scenerio. I knew I put myself at harms way, and that was the lesson learnt, never to repeat the same mistake or I may not be lucky next time.

If in a war scenario, like I said if it's my time it's my time, nothing I can do about that. I will die a happy man, thats gurranteed.

I am a tech guy, and facinated by technology, and gave my opinion about technology in this context.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I see a new future of fatigued and overloaded soldiers.

Lots of new things are being added, not a lot is being removed. That relates to information as well as physical weight.

I do find it interesting that they never show the 'future soldiers' (any country really) with their full kit on, just the new toys.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
I see a new future of fatigued and overloaded soldiers.

Lots of new things are being added, not a lot is being removed. That relates to information as well as physical weight.

I do find it interesting that they never show the 'future soldiers' (any country really) with their full kit on, just the new toys.

The set-up in the Op isn't a lot different to the Black Ops III soldier....so you don't really need to look much further ahead to know what's coming.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
The set-up in the Op isn't a lot different to the Black Ops III soldier....so you don't really need to look much further ahead to know what's coming.

A poorly thought out fighting system based on sci-fi writers and video game designers...great!

I think every soldier on the planet wishes they could be outfitted like a video game! Ammo weighs nothing, you can carry an entire arsenal in your 'magic-pack' and you never have to worry about carrying your necessities for tomorrow.

The simple reality is, that once we can make a soldier from Black Ops III, we will be capable of making machines that are far deadlier, far more cost effective, and not limited by the flawed form that is a human.

Why would you want Iron Man, when you can have Iron Bot at half the size in a far superior fighting form (small, omni-directional, etc.), carrying a more lethal load out?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

That's precisely my point. You're attempting to equate being mugged with a war between nations. Glad you were able to talk your way out of it or whatever, but that's not always an option on the international stage.

Whether it's sad to see tech being applied to warfare or not is really rather moot. When it comes to warfare, I'd rather my guys have as many tools at their disposal to come home alive as they can get.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Lmao
2020....dream on if you think this will be common place or actually working the way it's intended by 2020

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The US tracks UK in most of the tech - they are developing what they call Squad X which integrates the soldier on the ground with the Gorgon Stare surveillance system flying in drones overhead. The coolest thing will be using Boston Dynamics' robots funded by DARPA like BigDog and its new iterations on the battlefield.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaPred
You are very wise to understand that in the military it's "hurry up and wait". New technologies will be delayed due to budget constraints. Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we should do it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join