It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret identity of Georgia Guidestones founder revealed (but you have to buy the DVD?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
It is a monument calling for the extermination of around 6.5 billion humans.
I would be just fine with it being destroyed.
The guy who paid for it to be built doesn't even have the balls to use his name.
This is what happens when crazy has more money than they know what to do with.

I suppose that's one way of interpreting it; If you ignore the fact that nowhere does it say anything about killing or 'exterminating' anybody.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

The guy who paid for it to be built doesn't even have the balls to use his name.

I suppose that's one way of interpreting it; If you ignore the fact that nowhere does it say anything about killing or 'exterminating' anybody.

It is surely implied.
Am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It is surely implied.
Am I missing something?

I disagree. To me, the implication is that the message is intended for survivors of some unforseen future cataclysm; Guidelines for rebuilding.

It doesn't explicitly say either way, though, so I guess it's open to interpretation.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, if someone will send me money I'll say I did it...

Does that work?

I never found them so ominous or offensive, though... decent enough instructions for Earth humans. Live in numbers as your environment permits and be kind. Pretty simple and true.

Let's just hope we buck the odds and don't need them for a few more millennia. It might have done more good to invest the money into education, though... I don't want the human race to be taught by some monolith in the backwoods (of Georgia or anywhere else... no offense).

I do wonder if it's just a crazy, good spirited public service, or if the sight was vetted as a good place for survivors to find it and the builder knew something specific... heh.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The United States is full of monuments and attractions built by religious zealots. It kind of doesn't matter who they are or what they say. Some people are just not content with expressing their pointless opinions on the Internet, like us.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It is surely implied.
Am I missing something?

You are not missing anything; it was expressly implied that many humans have to vacate earth NOW (that means US). Virgin Air ramping up to transport us to Mars; took the threat to heart. Five large Lincolns to the first person that squeals the truth of the author of the stones; and five larger Andrew Jacksons that will finally reveal the creators of Stonehenge.
edit on 18-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Quick google search pointed to Robert Cook and Ted Turner backed by freemasons.

Could be malarkey, but who knows.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Quick google search pointed to Robert Cook and Ted Turner backed by freemasons.

Could be malarkey, but who knows.

Pointed doesn't mean a payout. I heard the contractors of the stones were sworn to secrecy as well; does it look like Freemasons constructed it (up to standard). I don't understand the "paying" for the information angle unless its a grand hoax. I have never had to pay for the Bible 5 versions so far given to me (and its content is true right)?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

So...the FBI investigated a vandalism case?

Interesting. Was anyone ever charged? If not it would seem to me the 'vandals' messages are just an addition/update from the author(s) of the words etched in the stones.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I could be mistaken, but I recall it says something about maintaining humanity under 500,000,000 people. Whatever the number, it would require the deaths of billions to get there.

It's a fair leap to think it ominously refers to 'extermination.' Especially with the secrecy about it and in context of its overall message.

JMO

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It is surely implied.
Am I missing something?

You could be right, who knows? I always assumed these were 'words of wisdom' for the survivors of a cataclysmic event that killed off most of the human race. ...Because it is written in so many languages that hopefully the survivors who came upon it would be able to read one of the languages.

If I'm right, it is still creepy. Like, does this person 'with more money than they know what to do with' know something that us commoners do not???

I don't live terribly far from this and 'monument' and should really go visit one day and see it for myself!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Here's a crazy thought (and I'm not the only one who thought it up... a quick google says I'm not alone, lol)

...Jimmy Carter. The monument was erected during his presidency, in his home state of Georgia. And here is a quote from an address to congress:

JIMMY CARTER'S MESSAGE TO CONGRESS

MAY 23rd 1977

World Population

“Rapid population growth is a major environmental problem of world dimensions. World population increased from three to four billion in the last 15 years, substantially canceling out expansion in world food production and economic growth of the same period.

“Without controlling the growth of population, the prospects for enough food, shelter, and other basic needs for all the world's people are dim. Where existence is already poor and precarious, efforts to obtain the necessities of life often degrade the environment for generations to come.

Source

It's ok if you laugh! I'm not convinced it was him, and I really don't even know why Mr. Peanut Farmer's name popped into my head.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

no its not
it only mentions keeping the population at around 500,000,000
nothing about exterminating people
based on everything else written (all of which is very reasobable) on that stone the implication of that statement seems to be one of reproductive management rather than extermination

again
a lot of people will have problems with that
but then those are the kinds of people that shouldnt be reproducing
you can live in a fantasy land if you want but the stark reality of the situation is we can not continue to reproduce in the numbers we have been
edit on 18-9-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

that statement seems to be one of reproductive management

Maybe it was planned parenthood

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

......see
this is why those stones exist

who doesnt want a world devoid of "clever" comments like THIS
edit on 19-9-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Guidestones were meant to be a basis for rebuilding humanity in the event of nuclear holocaust.

Read them again knowing that and it makes a lot more sense.

It isn't calling for mass deaths, it is meant to come into use after those deaths have already happened.

The stones were erected at the height of cold war paranoia.

By the Rosicrucians, anonymously. Hence the enigmatic signature , R.C. Christian.

Who was the individual that actually placed the order?

Who cares? You've never heard of him anyway.

Also, the Guidestones had been vandalized frequently in the past, now they are under 24 hour live video surveillance.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
originally posted by: visitedbythem

that statement seems to be one of reproductive management

If so; at least 300 years too late in the inception of the construction and message.
edit on 19-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
they were erected in the 80s so not really the height of the cold war

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It appears they want to make some sales. Would just wait on it. If it's really something to reveling an identity behind the name, it will surely it will be leaked out. Besides there's the guide written by R.C. Christian which leaves less to the mystery of the stones.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I always thought it was built by Jerry Ahern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join