It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Deaf, Coward or Birther?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There was a guy screaming white power at this rallies before, was that a plant as well?
Were the two guys that beat up a homeless mexican and said trumps words made them do it a plant as well?

Or could the simple answer is that his rhetoric draws this type of person towards him?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Simple fact is that the MSM thinks that if they can force Trump to act like any other political candidate would when faced with pressure and make him apologize for what a kook in the audience said, it will bring him down in the polls.

Be honest.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

1. Trump's job isn't to be Obama's shield maiden. I dislike Trump, but would actually think even stronger that he's doing little other than playing some inane game had he pulled a McCain and gone out of his way to defend Barrack.

It's funny how many of his defenders "don't like Trump." I guess it's the politically correct thing for conservatives to do! As to your bit about shield maiden: In Trump's case, he spent most of 2011 being the world's most prominent birther but if you don't think that it's reasonable to expect him to field birtherism comments from his own supporters then we'll have to agree to disagree I guess.

It's a rather moot point though because he did in fact respond. He said "right" and he laughed and he smiled and then he continued to listen for the actual question and responded accordingly. Do you think he would have done so if the man had been a skinhead talking about how evil Jews were? Of course not, because he would have been expected to act COMPLETELY differently because that statement wouldn't have been politically correct for a conservative.

2. You assessment of McCain is absolutely false. McCain has been considered a RINO since the early 2000s.

Only one of those links contains the acronym "RINO" and that's a forum post. Furthermore, I never said that it was impossible to find articles questioning McCain's failure to tow the line, I said that it seemed to me that there was an immediate backlash and that this extended to conservative media where it became common for pundits to refer to him as a RINO.

Skip to the minute mark and here McCain getting booed by his own supporters. If that's not evidence enough for you that what he was saying wasn't politically correct in conservative circles, then I don't know what would be.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: amazing

That's really assuring and I feel so much better now.

Truly you're ok with them training thousands of folks and sending them back out into society.

To what end are they training for, what event triggers their training if none then why training at all.

I guess one day we shall see.

I don't think they're terrorist training camps. That's our only differing of opinion. If they were training to kill American Citizens then yes, why let it continue and why send them out into the citizenry.

However, that's a big difference. If these are terrorist training camps and the FBI is aware of them and monitoring them. And we know the FBI is, since this conspiracy was started by an actual FBI report. then we have bigger fish to fry. If these are terrorist training camps then that means the FBI is condoning it. Logic would dictate that this isn't true otherwise, you should be starting threads about why the FBI is condoning terrorists on American soil. Don't you think?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sremmos80

Simple fact is that the MSM thinks that if they can force Trump to act like any other political candidate would when faced with pressure and make him apologize for what a kook in the audience said, it will bring him down in the polls.

Be honest.

Be honest yourself.

Any criticism of Donald Trump is "unfair" because he's held to a special standard as the current right-wing darling and those allegedly firmly held "conservative" beliefs in things like accountability and personal responsibility fall by the wayside when it comes to judging conservatives.

Or you can keep deluding yourself that the MSM doesn't love Trump. He's boosting the ratings for the GOP debates through the roof because he's so "unfiltered." Now that it's convenient, he spontaneously develops a filter in the blink of an eye. Remarkable.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If he was a plant by the opposition, why wouldn't Trump just put the man in his place, denounce him on the spot and flip the script entirely?

Simple.

Trump's initial reaction was he did sense a loaded planted question/statement.

That's why he sluffed it off immediately

I bet he knew ahead of time somebody would try it.

He's not stupid. Neither is is Campaign.

And now he gets to laugh at the failed effort that left the instigators curled up on the floor in a fetal position.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I am being honest, I think trying to say that someone was able to plant some one and make sure that he was able to be able to ask a question and even get a response out of Trump is a huuuge stretch.

The simple answer is that it was some ignorant guy that just happens to be a trump supporter...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

Bottom line is: The writing is all over the place. The real patriots of this country will deal with this in due time. The rest of you can get out of the way..because you won't be saved, given anything or be rewarded for your loyalty to traitors.

Blah blah. I think you're confusing patriotism with lunacy and and treachery with a lack of bigotry. People who spew this sort of insane rhetoric are a bigger and more direct threat to this country than Islamic terrorism; beyond the potential for violence, the ideology itself is a cancer.

What makes you fit to judge anyone's patriotism?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Come on now, we all know what type of supporters trump have. Dont be shocked.

His topics is to get those type of people following him.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It really doesn't matter what Trump is or does because there's no limit to the delusional excuses that Trump supporters are willfully ignorant enough to invent for themselves and each other.

At this point he could step up to the podium and give a Nazi salute and the true believers would say it was just him shielding his eyes from the rays that the sweet baby Jesus was shooting down upon him from Heaven.
edit on 2015-9-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

His supporters are watching him flail around and making everybody squirm. What he says apparently borders on irrelevant to his supporters as long as he's doing his Trump thing.

Exactly...

Trump is building a core of devotees the same way any entertainer gains a fan base. He knows his demographic and is pandering in the same manner as Justin or Hanna M. maintain their popularity among the tweens.

It's just more of Trumps contrived narcissistic entertainment. He is the consummate entertainer and has his audience right where he wants them.... Setting them up for the final disappointment.

His media team is brilliant in that his act looks so believable, especially to the naive as to how campaigns actually are structured.

I'm not exactly sure what Trumps game is or what he has to gain by this charade; but it sure as hell ain't a run for the POTUS. Perhaps it's simply his usual self aggrandizing gamesmanship.
edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

See, you kind of have some of us in a tight spot here because none of our "answers" are going to be understood or accepted by you. Believe me, I understand the irony here... Conservatives pooh-poohed the lies, asinine conjectures, and "by whatever means necessary" attack strategy of liberals against GWB and now look, here the tables are reversed. We're the ones sensationalizing every foible of a president because we want him gone at whatever the cost, with the ends ultimately justifying even the most mud dragging of means.

Regardless, that's where we're at. I'm not defending Trump... I'm supporting an opportunistic pot shot, or at least doing all I can to see that it hits home, against Barack Obama. Look at it in these terms... Russia was largely despised by the rest of the Allied forces in WWII, quickly after that war was over, we began the Cold War against them. BUT, during WWII, America sure as hell did whatever they could do to support the Ruskies' fight against the Nazis from a distance because we truly hated us some Nazis. By no means did that mean that Stalin and Shang Kai-Shek were going to include Roosevelt and Chruchill on their Christmas card list.

Hell, I may vote for Trump in the main election... Doesn't mean I like him or believe in him, it means I want to watch this world burn. IMO it will burn either quickly if Trump gets in or slowly and more painfully if Sanders gets in. I'll take quick and over long before I take slow and excruciating.

I explained the 'RINO' thing BY NAME wasn't huge in the media before the runup to the GOP nomination in 2007. The media consistantly identified McCain as either a "moderate" Republican by the left leaning media, or a "liberal" Republican by the right leaning. Why in the hell do you think he was strong armed into accepting a true right wing sparkplug, Palin as his VP running mate? When McCain won the primary, the GOP as a whole knew that they had a marginalized poseur Republican leading their ticket and they'd have 10s of thousands of staunch conservative voters not even bother to vote with him as their choice (which happened even with Palin on the ticket. I know I sure as hell didn't vote for John McCain.)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I could care less about Trump. The only thing about him I appreciate is that he has told the MSM where to stick it with their whining about how he hasn't said or done this or that when they've moaned about it.

What you don't seem to get is that the MSM dislikes anyone wearing the tag of (R) behind their names. The only reason they are in Fiorina's corner at the moment is that they like the idea of her in a campaign more than Trump because Trump has already signaled that he can't/won't be controlled.

They played this game last time, too. Manufacturing story after story against candidate after candidate while running positive stories for the preferred option until they selected the Rep. nominee. You remember Maverick McCain? Or stories on how electable Romney was?

And once the nominee is selected, they bring out the negative guns on them. If they are hyping Fiorina now, it isn't because they like her, it's because they think they can use her to knock down Trump, and once that's done, they'll remove her, too.

This story and series of stories really is all about that. If you haven't seen the pattern being worked up, then you haven't paid attention.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I could care less about Trump. The only thing about him I appreciate is that he has told the MSM where to stick it with their whining about how he hasn't said or done this or that when they've moaned about it.

What you don't seem to get is that the MSM dislikes anyone wearing the tag of (R) behind their names. The only reason they are in Fiorina's corner at the moment is that they like the idea of her in a campaign more than Trump because Trump has already signaled that he can't/won't be controlled.

They played this game last time, too. Manufacturing story after story against candidate after candidate while running positive stories for the preferred option until they selected the Rep. nominee. You remember Maverick McCain? Or stories on how electable Romney was?

And once the nominee is selected, they bring out the negative guns on them. If they are hyping Fiorina now, it isn't because they like her, it's because they think they can use her to knock down Trump, and once that's done, they'll remove her, too.

This story and series of stories really is all about that. If you haven't seen the pattern being worked up, then you haven't paid attention.

I think you forgot one thing though, and that is that the MSM is both sides, Right and left. the MSM not only includes MSNBC but also Fox, the Wall Street Journal and talk radio, with popular personalities like Hannity and 0'Brien and Fringe lunatics like limbaugh and Coulter.

I mean, Who's more main stream then Fox News? Just saying.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What you don't seem to get is that the MSM dislikes anyone wearing the tag of (R) behind their names.

BS, the media loves anyone that garners coverage. Be it Fox, CNN, AM radio, Cable etc. The media is just an excuse for something to hang advertising on so the Media Corps can stay in the Black and placate their investors. Trump is dominating the Media and they love him for it.

Trump is on the cover of every media publication currently...what's that tell ya?

www.amazon.com...[editb y]edit on 18-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hell, I may vote for Trump in the main election... Doesn't mean I like him or believe in him, it means I want to watch this world burn. IMO it will burn either quickly if Trump gets in or slowly and more painfully if Sanders gets in. I'll take quick and over long before I take slow and excruciating.

Well done sir!

That's how I feel and many who I know feel as well! ENOUGH LIES! If we are done as a country, let's get it the hell over with!

We bitch and moan about the corruption in politics, but beg like little puppies for more of the same ole same ole every election.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I think you forgot one thing though, and that is that the MSM is both sides, Right and left. the MSM not only includes MSNBC but also Fox, the Wall Street Journal and talk radio, with popular personalities like Hannity and 0'Brien and Fringe lunatics like limbaugh and Coulter.

I mean, Who's more main stream then Fox News? Just saying.

Oh you are forgetting the networks that have the most viewers.

ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS are the most viewed by far.

Sure Fox is #1 on cable/satellite, but the viewership is low compared to the big boys.

I think those big shots are the ones failing to make the Democrat message convincing.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

In this case, that's exactly wrong.

You haven't been paying much attention to the talk have you? The establishment can't stand him anymore than the left wing press can.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You seem top be of the opinion that any coverage is the same.

There is positive and negative coverage.

They loved Obama too, but it was all stories about ladies fainting because they were overcome by his magnificence.

What they are doing with Trump would be akin to if the Obama cash lady had actually hit the MSM prime news cycle.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

In this case, that's exactly wrong.

You haven't been paying much attention to the talk have you? The establishment can't stand him anymore than the left wing press can.

You may be right, but I'm just saying that your assessment that all MSM is left leaning is wrong.

When you consider all the cable, talk radio, blogs, newspapers, magazines and how many people they reach every day. The Drudge Report alone has had a billion hits a month some months. That's main stream.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join