It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Deaf, Coward or Birther?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So in other words, you're sidestepping my question and are attempting to deflect from the topic at hand by way of throwing a bunch of disconnected nonsense at the wall to see what might stick?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: amazing

Simple Google search will show info on camps

Terrorist Training Camps in the US that no one is doing anything about? Not true. Keep in mind that people have been interviewed about them like Deputy Sheriff Dumont and that most of this comes from an FBI report about a group called Jamaat Ul Fuqra. Remember that this started from an FBI report. The FBI is aware and is monitoring the situation. It's sort of like a Mosque. You could say all Mosques on US soil are Muslim extemist training centers. You'd be wrong but you would also know that the FBI is aware and monitors them also.
edit on 18-9-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, so is that why Obama refuses to have many pressers? Because he can't or won't answer questions?

Who mentioned Obama? We're talking about Trump.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

If he was a plant by the opposition, why wouldn't Trump just put the man in his place, denounce him on the spot and flip the script entirely? I mean, if you assume that the man was in fact a plant, then you must also concede that Trump was incapable of thinking on his feet well enough to turn the incident to his advantage. Out of curiosity, how many plants do you think were present that one of them was chosen to ask a question?

As for your second point, the entire world has seen it dozens of times and in context, it sounded like he simply misspoke given the topic. My question to you here is what are you playing at? You're implying that Obama is in fact secretly a Muslim — which makes you a birther — but yet you're also blaming Hilary Clinton for birtherism and stating matter-of-factly that the man was a plant by Trump's opponents or "the media" because presumably, it defies reason that a fellow birther (you said it, you own it) and Trump supporter would be picked to ask a question? Come on, you're contradicting yourself!

If that man was a plant, it makes more sense in my opinion that he was planted by the Trump campaign and their attempt to pander to the extremists at the bottom without coming straight out and doing so in his own words — and the whole thing backfired in his face.

Alternatively, if the man was a plant but not Trump's, then it was a PERFECTLY planned and executed operation to expose Trump's lack of substance.
edit on 2015-9-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why is it Trump's (or anyone's for that matter) requisite defense of President Obama? And why does the "PC" mediIa, and Hillary Clinton, get a pass by making "Muslim" a bad thing for any President to be? What if The Donald said "what would be wrong if he IS Muslim?"

Kinda of patronizing the way the media (and Hillary) expects Trump (or anyone) to speak.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh, no!

Trump forgot to give a politically correct response and made some people angry!

This is exactly why he keeps surging ahead in the polls.

And thank goodness he isn't McCain.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

Donald Trump has a well-known history of birtherism. Have you forgotten that he made a big publicity stunt of hiring investigators to find out "the truth" about where Obama was born? Of any of the candidates, he has the MOST reason to address the comment. Here I thought conservatives were ALL ABOUT personal accountability. Apparently that doesn't apply to the dumb stuff said by Donald Trump.

As you would say using your right-wing buzzwords, "why does he get a pass?"

Also, it was a Q&A session at a town hall style campaign event. The expectations of the candidate and the people were precisely that he would to speak not only to but with members of the audience. That's the whole point of that style of event.

When the man said, "We have a big problem in this country, it's called 'Muslims.' We know our current President is one," Donald Trump responded, "right."

Now which part of that statement was he not agreeing with? That we have a problem in this country called Muslims or that our current President is one? If he didn't intend to further express his tacit approval, why laugh and smile at "You know he's not even an American" as the man is pointing at him?

There's no sidestepping that this incident revealed a fault in either Trump's character or his ability to react under pressure. He's either not really listening, he's a coward who can be peer pressured by an idiot, he's birther or he's incapable of thinking on his feet.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, he's certainly a birther, no matter which way you cut it, I don't know about the other stuff.
I would be more inclined to say that Trump, and the Great Lewandowski, both need to be sectioned, or alternatively, they could agree to be part of Obama's new executive order, enabling their observation in depth at close quarters!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So in other words, you're sidestepping my question and are attempting to deflect from the topic at hand by way of throwing a bunch of disconnected nonsense at the wall to see what might stick?

No, I'm asking what obligation he has to answer all the question posed to him. I've been at events and lots of people ask questions and not all of them get answers.

Why dignify this with a response? Because the MSM thinks you need to? Who put them in charge of what a candidate should and should not say and do?

This is part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
And who want's him for president?

I think the fact that Trump didn't set this supporter straight is an indication that he KNOWS who his supporters are and doesn't want to say ANYTHING that could be construed as positive about Obama, Muslims, non-whites or foreigners. If Trump admitted to the failure that was his 'search for Obama's citizenship', or, in any way, suggested that Obama is a natural-born citizen and a Christian, he would lose half his support right there. He might as well throw in the towel.

That's why he's refusing to talk about it at all. He doesn't want to lose the half of his supporters who are birthers, OR the half who aren't. If he goes one way or another, he loses support, so he'll just avoid it by skipping out on the Heritage speech in South Carolina and attending an important business transaction instead. Source

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Actually, I think Donald Trump gave the politically correct statement. It certainly wouldn't have been politically correct for him to denounce the man's Islamaphobia or baseless misconceptions would it? That didn't work out so well for McCain who had enough character to stand up for what he actually believed and so was punished for his lack of political correctness.

There is no harsher political correctness than what's imposed by the conservative thought police.
edit on 2015-9-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
That's why he's refusing to talk about it at all. He doesn't want to lose the half of his supporters who are birthers, OR the half who aren't. If he goes one way or another, he loses support

I'm not sure that's true. This entire process up to now is like we've fallen through a looking glass into an alternate universe full of Berenstein Bears and dead Billy Grahams and Teflon Don Trump.

It's the pro wrestling crowd. After 60 some years of complete hooey, they finally came out and said, "fake - entertainment". Didn't matter. One single bit.

"Who's on first?" It's not a riddle, it's a comedy routine. There is no answer.

His supporters are watching him flail around and making everybody squirm. What he says apparently borders on irrelevant to his supporters as long as he's doing his Trump thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's really assuring and I feel so much better now.

Truly you're ok with them training thousands of folks and sending them back out into society.

To what end are they training for, what event triggers their training if none then why training at all.

I guess one day we shall see.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Not a slip, He [O] and his party are pretty sloppy in covering their tracks..

We all know someone with an [R] would never get any slack from a 'slip' of the tongue.

What a terrible version of the anthem..I might add.

Yea... 20 years with Rev Wright my a$$..

Bottom line is: The writing is all over the place. The real patriots of this country will deal with this in due time. The rest of you can get out of the way..because you won't be saved, given anything or be rewarded for your loyalty to traitors.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well we can all rest assured that trump has plans for the muslim terrorists.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
In my opinion, McCain faced significant backlash for his candor as it seems that thereafter he was roundly denounced as a "RINO." I've searched news articles for instances of McCain being referred to in conservative media as a 'RINO' and I've yet to find anything from before the incident.

1. Trump's job isn't to be Obama's shield maiden. I dislike Trump, but would actually think even stronger that he's doing little other than playing some inane game had he pulled a McCain and gone out of his way to defend Barrack.

2. You assessment of McCain is absolutely false. McCain has been considered a RINO since the early 2000s.
www.washingtonmonthly.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
www.slate.com...
www.vanityfair.com...
apps.azsos.gov...
In 2001, a conservative group in AZ fell just short of the needed number of signatures to hold a recall vote against McCain, intending to unseat him with the true conservative J.D. Hayworth. When Hayworth later ran against McCain, the democrat voters arrived en masse to ensure McCain didn't get ousted.

RINO as a frequently used media acronym is a fairly recent development... probably back to 2006 or even 2007. The liberal slanted media traditionally doesn't use it because RINOs help the dems out and side with them frequently, so there's no desire to rip them in publication. Conservative outlets largely avoided it until folks like Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity started using it openly and freely when talking about liberal republicans.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, I'm asking what obligation he has to answer all the question posed to him. I've been at events and lots of people ask questions and not all of them get answers.

It was a town hall, he selected the person to ask the question and he answered the rhetorical build up with "right" and laughed. As far as I'm concerned, that's him giving his tacit approval. He then answered the actual question which didn't even make sense (we have camps in the US training Muslim terrorists?) with his standard non-answer.

It wasn't like he was ambushed by a reporter with an inappropriate question and decided to be the better human being and not dignify the question with a response. The whole purpose of these campaign events is for candidates to be asked questions and judged on their responses

So let's clear that up — he responded — with a hearty chuckle and a knowing smile and some vague nonsense. That's responding. Not responding would be taking another question. Not laughing and not smiling in agreement.

Now why is it unfair to judge him on this response? What happened to personal accountability? What about the fact that a man who wants to be the "leader of the free world" should rightfully be expected to lead? Isn't that one of the more popular conservative memes in regards to the man currently holding that office? I know I've heard "failure to lead" come out of the mouths of GOP politicians and conservative pundits around half a million times in the last seven years.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: amazing
And who want's him for president?

I think the fact that Trump didn't set this supporter straight is an indication that he KNOWS who his supporters are and doesn't want to say ANYTHING that could be construed as positive about Obama, Muslims, non-whites or foreigners. If Trump admitted to the failure that was his 'search for Obama's citizenship', or, in any way, suggested that Obama is a natural-born citizen and a Christian, he would lose half his support right there. He might as well throw in the towel.

That's why he's refusing to talk about it at all. He doesn't want to lose the half of his supporters who are birthers, OR the half who aren't. If he goes one way or another, he loses support, so he'll just avoid it by skipping out on the Heritage speech in South Carolina and attending an important business transaction instead. Source

Exactly, so the Great Lewandowski cocked that one up then? You just don't do that sort of stuff.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm trying to point out the patronizing irony of the mainstream media and aggrandizing fellow pols.

Why is it MANDATED that Pres. Obama MUST be defended? Why, ironically after a week of both media and politician hyperventilation over a 9th grader "inventing while Muslim" does the media now recoil and expect a defense AGAINST Obama being called a Muslim? There is a very patronizing tone at best and an overt Islamophobia at worst for a NEED to defend Obama (or anyone) against claiming Islam as their faith.

How or why should anyone be expected to know what is in another's heart or soul? And please don't say "well Obama say he is a Christian..." because a politician and the truth are mutually exclusive (ie, "if you like your insurance plan, you can keep your insurance plan" comes to mind).

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You did not hear in the beginning that it was Trump who called for a q&a? He called on the man and was saying "i love that guy".....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join