It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who are against abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have wondered something about those people who are against abortion. For the record, I am too..but I will never attempt to dictate to another human being what they can and can't do with their own body.

If your against abortion and claiming it is for the child, then why do most of you also say...someone else's kid is not my problem.

Let us say your side wins, just what is supposed to happen to kids that are born and unwanted by their mother/father? Who do think is going to foot the bill for taking care of this child?

You cannot have it both ways, you can't say force the mother to have a child she does not want and than turn around and say you refuse to foot the bill for this unwanted child.

For me, I have no issue with my tax dollars going towards helping this child out.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

If my wife was raped and fell pregnant and wanted it aborted as I would, it would.

Other than that - you play like an adult and you pay like an adult.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Why would you think because they didn't want to have a baby they will automatically neglect the baby?

The best way to take care of this is to make adoption easier. Give up your baby to somebody that wants it and move on with life.

Either way it ain't gunna happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Personally I am against abortion, but pro-choice because it is a matter of personal freedom to let others make their own good and bad decisions.

Now I don't think anyone is asking to have it both ways. I am 100% for paying to help these children. Killing people is never the answer.
edit on 2015/9/18 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If your against abortion and claiming it is for the child, then why do most of you also say...someone else's kid is not my problem.

This is what they call trying to have it both ways. A false equivocation.

Somehow if one is anti abortion that must automatically make them 'financially' responsible for other peoples kids.

uh?

NO.

To put it another way if I am suppose to stay out of a womans womb.

Then stay out of my wallet.

All things being EQUAL.

I don't support abortion at all.

I believe that fetus deserves the same 'right' to life, and other rights us folks out here in the real world have.

That is where it begins, and ends.

Doesn't need to be a state issue.

Doesn't need to be a political issue.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I firmly believe that in the future, we will look back on this period of our history and shake our heads in disbelief at what we allowed in this country......

We will look at abortion with the same disbelief and disgust as we now look at the slavery period.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
I have wondered something about those people who are against abortion. For the record, I am too..but I will never attempt to dictate to another human being what they can and can't do with their own body.

Let us say your side wins, just what is supposed to happen to kids that are born and unwanted by their mother/father? Who do think is going to foot the bill for taking care of this child?

You cannot have it both ways, you can't say force the mother to have a child she does not want and than turn around and say you refuse to foot the bill for this unwanted child.

For me, I have no issue with my tax dollars going towards helping this child out.

I remember as a child, my mother had a friend who had an abortion. The woman killed herself a few days later after part of the fetus came out in the toilet. Abortion has a psychological effect on a woman that healthcare providers do not address... Why? Because they don't care! The healthcare system is run by sadist who are making us sick and mentally ill in order to sell us high priced poison laced band-aid!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If my wife was raped and fell pregnant and wanted it aborted as I would, it would.

Other than that - you play like an adult and you pay like an adult.

Hundreds of years ago Slavic woman were raped by Muslim woman and the Slavic woman would carry the child full term until the baby was born. What came next according to a Slavic News website will shock you... The Slavic women would cook the baby and feed it back to their Muslim husbands.

If you're interested PM me I will find the link for you but I don't want to get in trouble for posting it here. I'm new to ATS, so I'm not looking to test the waters just yet!
edit on 18-9-2015 by Citizen47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I firmly believe that in the future, we will look back on this period of our history and shake our heads in disbelief at what we allowed in this country......

We will look at abortion with the same disbelief and disgust as we now look at the slavery period.

I hope you're right, but for now we have too man sadists in government!

Good comment btw!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I absolutely believe that abortion should be legal if the mother's life is in danger, rape, incest, etc. However, those account for an insignificant amount of abortions. What we have now essentially is abortion being used as a form of birth control for the irresponsible. Abortion should be legal AND rare. No one can argue with a straight face that abortion is rare.

I honestly used to not really care much about the issue. However, now that I'm a proud father of a 15 month old, I cannot imagine ever "aborting" this child.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Abortion should be legal AND rare. No one can argue with a straight face that abortion is rare.

The numbers are steadily going down though, thanks to sex ed in the schools, and easier access to birth control. Sex ed should be REQUIRED attendance, and birth control should be given freely EVERYWHERE, if we want those numbers to continue to go down.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why would you think because they didn't want to have a baby they will automatically neglect the baby?

The best way to take care of this is to make adoption easier. Give up your baby to somebody that wants it and move on with life.

Either way it ain't gunna happen.

Adoption can't be easier if there aren't enough families willing to take in the children. There is already a surplus of adoptable children in our country WITH abortion being legal. Do you think that number will magically drop if abortions were made illegal?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
To put it another way if I am suppose to stay out of a womans womb.

Then stay out of my wallet.

All things being EQUAL.

This only holds true if abortion remains legal. If you make abortion illegal then you aren't staying out of a woman's womb. So you can't demand that abortion be illegal then turn around and demand that people stay out of your wallet and not be a hypocrite.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Abortion Is Not Like Slavery, So Stop Comparing the Two

Abortion is not slavery, nor is it comparable to slavery. An abortion is a medical procedure that results in the termination of a pregnancy. People who seek abortions do so for myriad reasons: because a wanted pregnancy presents a danger to the health of the pregnant person, or simply because a person has decided, as is her right, when and whether to have children. Abortion, quite simply, allows women the freedom to live full and free lives and to retain control over their bodies.

Slavery, on the other hand, was the centuries-long system under which Black men and women were treated not as human beings, with attendant freedom and liberty, but as chattel—human property owned by other humans, stripped of their freedom and cruelly forced to work under inhumane conditions. During slavery, Black human beings were murdered, raped, and treated like animals simply for the economic benefit of white aristocracy and to further white supremacy.

Comparisons between abortion and slavery are popular among the anti-choice crowd because most people agree that slavery is morally wrong. If anti-choice forces can equate slavery and abortion, and draw parallels between an “unborn” person and an enslaved person, then surely no morally righteous person could continue to defend abortion as a medical procedure that enables women to retain some modicum of control over the physical selves and their economic realities.

Abortion and the Slavery Analogy: Dangerous and Wrong

The slavery analogy makes much more sense as an argument for choice, not against it. Slavery is about losing one’s freedom and personal autonomy over one’s body and life. As Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, so eloquently put it: “No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.”

In addition, laws prohibiting or restricting access to abortion treat women as chattel, enslaving them physically by controlling their bodies and ideologically by subjecting them to the tyranny of an imposed morality.

Currently, pregnant women confront increasing threats to their freedom to control their own bodies–especially those in the low-income communities targeted by racialized anti-abortion propaganda. Women in these communities already face countless barriers to accessing regular health care, health education and contraception–barriers that will only multiply as a result of the recent barrage of bills to cut Medicaid and further restrict abortion access throughout the country.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Abortion Is Not Like Slavery, So Stop Comparing the Two

Abortion is not slavery, nor is it comparable to slavery. An abortion is a medical procedure that results in the termination of a pregnancy. People who seek abortions do so for myriad reasons: because a wanted pregnancy presents a danger to the health of the pregnant person, or simply because a person has decided, as is her right, when and whether to have children. Abortion, quite simply, allows women the freedom to live full and free lives and to retain control over their bodies.

Slavery, on the other hand, was the centuries-long system under which Black men and women were treated not as human beings, with attendant freedom and liberty, but as chattel—human property owned by other humans, stripped of their freedom and cruelly forced to work under inhumane conditions. During slavery, Black human beings were murdered, raped, and treated like animals simply for the economic benefit of white aristocracy and to further white supremacy.

Comparisons between abortion and slavery are popular among the anti-choice crowd because most people agree that slavery is morally wrong. If anti-choice forces can equate slavery and abortion, and draw parallels between an “unborn” person and an enslaved person, then surely no morally righteous person could continue to defend abortion as a medical procedure that enables women to retain some modicum of control over the physical selves and their economic realities.

Abortion and the Slavery Analogy: Dangerous and Wrong

The slavery analogy makes much more sense as an argument for choice, not against it. Slavery is about losing one’s freedom and personal autonomy over one’s body and life. As Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, so eloquently put it: “No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.”

In addition, laws prohibiting or restricting access to abortion treat women as chattel, enslaving them physically by controlling their bodies and ideologically by subjecting them to the tyranny of an imposed morality.

Currently, pregnant women confront increasing threats to their freedom to control their own bodies–especially those in the low-income communities targeted by racialized anti-abortion propaganda. Women in these communities already face countless barriers to accessing regular health care, health education and contraception–barriers that will only multiply as a result of the recent barrage of bills to cut Medicaid and further restrict abortion access throughout the country.

I have read all the articles out there arguing that abortion is not the same as slavery. I disagree in that it is a social and/or behavioral act that is/was once accepted as perfectly legal and necessary on some level that later was looked upon as reprehensible and immoral.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yea, except that isn't true. In fact, the opposite is true. Abortion USED to be looked upon as reprehensible and immoral. It was even illegal up until the 1970's. Then that changed with Roe v Wade.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: queenofswords

Yea, except that isn't true. In fact, the opposite is true. Abortion USED to be looked upon as reprehensible and immoral. It was even illegal up until the 1970's. Then that changed with Roe v Wade.

Again, I disagree. You wait! There will come a time when we will look back at the sanctioned genocide of emerging life and shake our heads at the inhumanity of it and wonder at the cultural and social climate that would have allowed that kind of behavior. We will be as sickened by it as we are today of the period of slavery.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This only holds true if abortion remains legal. If you make abortion illegal then you aren't staying out of a woman's womb

Did anyone say ANYTHING about making it illegal ?

No.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight ... you think having a child is something you have absolutely no control over?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Adoption can't be easier if there aren't enough families willing to take in the children. There is already a surplus of adoptable children in our country WITH abortion being legal. Do you think that number will magically drop if abortions were made illegal?

I personally would LOVE nothing more than to adopt a child. When I lost the ability to have any more children ( I have 2) I was devastated. My husband I started looking into adoption. The cost, the hurdles, and the over all drama of the whole adoption system is just too much. We can not afford to "buy" another child, even though it is well within our means to care and provide for another. For us it was mostly the cost. Adopting a child is not easy in anyway at all and yes it should be made easier. I have met many people over the years that want to adopt children of all ages, but the process is so difficult that many just can't. It is not a matter of not having enough parents for children its a matter of having too much BS to have to go through to adopt one.
edit on 18-9-2015 by squirlnado because: no reason

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join