It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Become Human

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Two questions I have for anyone who wants to answer

At what point did you become a human?

Is murder worse than rape?

For me the answer is that I became a human in the womb and that murder is worse than rape because the threat of murder can allow rape to happen.

Point being is that we so often hear how humane it is for a women who were raped to then turn around and kill another human thru abortion.

Me thinks that murder charges should be brought forth if we want to logically enforce the law.

Also I believe that my views could be swayed through rational thought processes that highlight my short comings in thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you're female please discuss, if male your opinion doesn't matter.

K~

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
If you're female please discuss, if male your opinion doesn't matter.

K~

Well stated...lol

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's still a personal choice.. What if you could bare a kid (assuming you are a woman, I'm not) , even your long time dream hoping finding someone special to make your dream reality...even still virgin (example) but still have the patience for waiting for the right one.
Then suddenly out of nowhere someone rapes you with much force... but she shouldn't have this choice to bare this child?

I also could say when you as male you produce many seeds/sperm each day, that's also alive and human? when can it called human? When this seed reaches an egg in a woman? from then on it should be born as a baby no matter what?

And see how many pregnancies go wrong in the first months.. this happens allot and are all murder by design/nature.
edit on 18-9-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So what about the lives of girls that get molested by a sick and perverted family member? Are their lives not ruined by forcing them to give birth to that child?

That's very selfish and down right disgusting that you want to force women to give birth to the offspring of their rapist.
edit on 18-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I have no idea. A dead human is still a human, so I think we need a more specific definition.

It depends. A quick death with no pain beats a violent and torturous rape... and living with the memory the rest of your life.

Point being is that we so often hear how humane it is for a women who were raped to then turn around and kill another human thru abortion.

Me thinks that murder charges should be brought forth if we want to logically enforce the law.

But abortion isn't murder. Murder is a legal term and is, by definition, illegal. Abortion is not illegal.

Have you been raped OR pregnant? Just curious.
edit on 9/18/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   
And to answer your question,

I've always been human. I became a person when I was born.

edit on 18-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

link   

You strive to become a human, its not something you are born as

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The day the word was invented and they decided to label everything in sight. The are both equally deplorable acts, if you must delve further, rape is murder without the death. Some could argue that murder is more humane.

If you believe in death then at least that person is not left here to deal with the consequences the same way as a rape victim. The rape victim has to relive that over and over.

Murder, that can only happen one time, now your soul...that will still leave an indelible mark either way...which is the most important part of the equation...live each second to the best, because you never know what is right around the corner.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I've always wondered if these anti-choice people would change their mind if someone held them down and raped them and they were forced to carry the semen of their rapist inside them for 12 consecutive months.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
billions of years ago, i became

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I only became human when I was capable of pondering the very question. Until then, I was just a life form, no different to any other life form on this earth... imo.

Also, I think rape is much worse than murder, because rape is always a selfish act... But murder can sometimes be a noble act. Plus, the individual has to live there entire life knowing they've been raped. But when a person is murdered, they'll never have to deal with it.

Just my personal opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Pretty much wrapped it up with that comment from aethertek.
Its unfortunate but true.

As for being human, i think its the moment the sperm fertlizes the egg.
Its easier to abort something that does not look human yet hence why most clinics enforce the "before the 3rd month of pregnancy" rule.

When i was a kid there was a month i was told by 4 girls that they were all pregnant. I told them we are not ready to be parents. I was 16. 3 of the girls were 17 the other was my age. Reluctantly they eventually agreed to abort after some conversation.

Looking back on that how... How could i have been so stupid to not use protection? I look at my 3 kids now and think...wow, i couldnt picture my life with out you 3.
Lots of nights thyinking about choices when i was younger.

We were all to young back then. And i personally think we made the right decisions.

Just my 2 shillingz

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I have no idea. A dead human is still a human, so I think we need a more specific definition.

It depends. A quick death with no pain beats a violent and torturous rape... and living with the memory the rest of your life.

But abortion isn't murder. Murder is a legal term and is, by definition, illegal. Abortion is not illegal.

Have you been raped OR pregnant? Just curious.
yes you just mentally raped me and now I am preggers with bs

I lack the anatomy for such

you try to spin too much to be taken seriously

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Already avoiding the questions?

Then your OP is not to be taken seriously

Not that anyone with a rational mind would...

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You are asking about the definition of words. They mean what you want them to mean, so you get to pick the answer you want. There is no absolute meaning. Even Webster has lots of choices.

As for what's worse..., you get to define what you want to be the specifications for 'bad', and that will answer your own question for you.

Asking questions about the definition of words should have your own answer, then you can see what other people think by comparison. It really makes no difference what definitions you want to use, as long as you explain them in situations where there might not be clarity.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

yes you just mentally raped me and now I am preggers with bs
you try to spin too much to be taken seriously

So... you say I got you pregnant and then accuse ME of spinning? HA!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So what about the lives of girls that get molested by a sick and perverted family member? Are their lives not ruined by forcing them to give birth to that child?

That's very selfish and down right disgusting that you want to force women to give birth to the offspring of their rapist.

yes lives are changed by sin

at the end of the day murder or killing of a human is wrong and that is exactly what abortion is unless one does mental gymnastics to spin the definitions to make their point and make their conscious ok with the death of their child

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
human (ˈhjuːmən)
adj
1. of, characterizing, or relating to man and mankind: human nature.
2. consisting of people: the human race; a human chain.
3. having the attributes of man as opposed to animals, divine beings, or machines: human failings.
a. kind or considerate
b. natural
n
5. a human being; person

how many of you are human?

Like i said, you are not born a human, i wouldnt consider most of you as human, yet you want everything beneficial towards humans and act instead as primates under a facade you call human.

First working AI, will be more human than anyone of you
edit on 18-9-2015 by Hyperia because: AI

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Already avoiding the questions?

Then your OP is not to be taken seriously

Not that anyone with a rational mind would...

wtf are you talking about here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join