It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2015 Rugby world cup

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh god Australia was nearly gone, that was the most intense 2nd half.
sorry Scotland.

what a horrible performance from Australia.

zazzafrazz final score 35-34 wallabies win.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ozsheeple

I just had heart failure when I saw Grainofsands post.

Yay! and phew !
sounds like scotland fought hard. bravo

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

All was nearly lost. See previous post for details.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think the final will be nz/oz
but the all blacks will smash us!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What a game!

I'm a very proud Scot tonight.

Best game of our tourney, and yes Aus made mistakes, but I felt that was because of great Scottish pressure.
Could soooo easily have gone the other way.

I am now off to have a few beers.

Well done Australia!

BigG

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That was my prediction as well but with the way they played against Scotland NZ would smash them 100-nil.

I just don't get it they played great in the pool stage, what the hell went wrong.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ozsheeple

That was my prediction as well but with the way they played against Scotland NZ would smash them 100-nil.

I just don't get it they played great in the pool stage, what the hell went wrong.

SCOTLAND

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Be proud Gordi they played well made less mistakes, we may have scored more points thus officially winning but Scotland unofficially won they just generally played better.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Obviously disappointed for my Celtic brethren tonight.

However, as the Haka was first performed internationally against Scotland, and then against Wales in their next match who responded by singing the Welsh National anthem in 1905...thus giving birth to the tradition of singing national anthems...I'm going to back the Blacks

Jane

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Jings!

World Rugby are now saying publicly that the ref got it wrong at the end of the Aus v Scotland QF!

Link to BBC article

What a shame. A fantastic match is now going to be remembered for the wrong reasons.

I actually wish that they hadn't announced that. It makes the "loss" worse and has totally hung the ref out to dry for what was, very likely and honest error.

BigG

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Scotland will be fuming, that has got be the unluckiest loss in the history of rugby.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

To my eyes, the ball wasn't played at intentionally by the last Australian player to touch it, so the ruling still stands. Yes, it's unfortunate, but that's the way the ball rolls, sometimes.
Bring on the semis!
Go the ALL BLACKS!

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but World Rugby themselves seem to disagree with you aor.
They are saying the ref got it wrong.

The ball came off an Aussie after a Scottish knock-on, so it should have been scrum Australia, not penalty for offside.

That's the view of the Rugby World Cup Governing Body according to THEIR OWN STATEMENT and several other sources in the press.

From World Rugby's Official Review of the Match: LINK to article HERE

"On review of all available angles, it is clear that after the knock-on, the ball was touched by Australia’s Nick Phipps and Law 11.3(c) states that a player can be put on-side by an opponent who intentionally plays the ball. It is important to clarify that, under the protocols, the referee could not refer to the television match official in this case and therefore had to rely on what he saw in real time. In this case, Law 11.3(c) should have been applied, putting Welsh onside. The appropriate decision, therefore, should have been a scrum to Australia for the original knock-on."

"The review found that Joubert incorrectly judged Scottish prop Jon Welsh to be in an offside position when catching the ball, gifting Foley the result-defining kick at goal. Australia scrum-half Nick Phipps had intentionally played the ball before Welsh caught it — a moment missed by Joubert — rendering the penalty decision incorrect. World Rugby’s statement confirmed Welsh was onside and Joubert should have awarded only a scrum to Australia for an earlier knock-on by Scotland flanker John Hardie."

From Eurosport: LINK to Article HERE

"World Rugby have publicly admitted that referee Craig Joubert was wrong to award a penalty to Australia which sent Scotland out of the Rugby World Cup. Joubert awarded the Wallabies an incorrect penalty with 43 seconds left which was kicked by Bernard Foley to complete a dramatic 35-34 victory for Australia and rob the Scots of a place in the last four. "

I think it's a real shame. I know these things happen, but when the governing body itself admits that a mistake has been made, and the mistake obviously changed the result of the game... it just doesn't feel right.

kindest regards,
BigG

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Semi final 1 All Blacks vs RSA

All Blacks win 20-18

OK game, RSAs attack was not very good which is why they lost, defence however was good from both sides.
All Blacks in final.

Tomorrow Australia vs Argentina.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Semi final 2 Australia vs Argentina

Australia won 29-15, good attacking play by the wallabies they scored 4 tries while Argentina scored no tries.

next weekend is the final Australia vs NZ.
edit on 25 10 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yeah, Aussies looking strong, think the second half could be a whitewash.
I hope so anyway, I ain't supporting Argentina watching this!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
well its full time and Australia are looking very strong, hopefully they can go all the way.

And thanks for the support, can we have that support for the final next week.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well done Australia!
Just to keep things 'interesting' for next weekend...I'm going All Blacks

Jane

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Haha yes, I'm shouting for Australia next week!
Nothing against New Zealand, just that I've always had a better laugh out on the piss with Aussies than with Kiwis so for that arbitrary reason alone I'm wearing green and gold!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Someones still annoyed that we beat wales thereby indirectly nocking them out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join